Song Tournament XXVI

Tools    

ROUND 1 DAY 2

Air Supply - Goodbye VS. Mos Def - Umi Says
Don't like Mos Def, but his song is cool. I don't care what anyone says about Air Supply being soft, their music kicks ass and balls! That's not their best song, but it will do.

Motorpsycho - In Our Tree VS. Peter Gabriel - Steam
Steam is a fun little pop song by Gabriel. Even he seems to have fun singing it.

Def Leppard - Two Steps Behind VS. DMX - Bring Your Whole Crew
Def Leppard going acoustic. Amazing. DMX I could never get into

Breaking Benjamin - Blow Me Away VS. Tommy Roe-Dizzy
Blow Me Away sounds like another one of those generic rock songs of the 00's. Dizzy was a cool 60's song. I was thinking the girl dancing in that video was hot before I realized that she's probably in her 80's now or dead

Joan Jett-Do You Wanna Touch VS. George Harrison - Cheer Down
Joan Jett is cool and her song is okay, but I really like that George song from Lethal Weapon 2

Anja Garbarek - The Gown VS. The Cure - Just Like Heaven
Anja's song is kinda alluring, but it can't beat that Cure song

Toto - Africa VS. The Cars - You Might Think
I love Africa, but I'm sticking with my nom here

Charlie Rich - Rollin' With the Flow VS. Angaleena Presley - Wrangled
I really liked that first song, but then I heard the second and...wow! Angaleena Presley is going places, or at least she has to go places because her voice and music is fantastic! Any relations to Elvis?
“Let me tell you something you already know. The world ain't all sunshine and rainbows. It's a very mean and nasty place and I don't care how tough you are, it will beat you to your knees and keep you there permanently if you let it. You, me, or nobody is gonna hit as hard as life. But it ain't about how hard ya hit. It's about how hard you can get hit and keep moving forward. How much you can take and keep moving forward. That's how winning is done!” ~ Rocky Balboa

Let the night air cool you off
I really liked that first song, but then I heard the second and...wow! Angaleena Presley is going places, or at least she has to go places because her voice and music is fantastic! Any relations to Elvis?
Don't think so, but she does mention in one of her songs that she thought she would be Elvis with lipstick and boobs.

Air Supply - Goodbye VS. Mos Def - Umi Says

Motorpsycho - In Our Tree VS. Peter Gabriel - Steam

Def Leppard - Two Steps Behind VS. DMX - Bring Your Whole Crew

Breaking Benjamin - Blow Me Away VS. Tommy Roe-Dizzy

Joan Jett-Do You Wanna Touch
VS. George Harrison - Cheer Down

Anja Garbarek - The Gown VS. The Cure - Just Like Heaven* Alt. link

Toto - Africa VS. The Cars - You Might Think (ITS GONNA A LOT TO DRAG ME AWAAAAAAYYYY FROM YOU)

John Conlee - Lady Lay Down VS. Avenged Sevenfold - Hail To The King

Audioslave - Like A Stone VS. Regina Spektor - "Samson"

Promise and the Monster - Spine VS. Gianna Nannini - Grazie

The Cranberries - When You're Gone VS. Francoise Hardy - J'ai jeté mon coeur

Spirit-I Got a Line On You VS. Red Hot Chili Peppers - Under The Bridge

Don Williams - Lord, I Hope This Day Is Good VS. Genesis - Abacab

Donovan - Hurdy Gurdy Man VS. Tyler Childers - I Swear (To God) (The song from Zodiac. Great song)

Queensryche - Silent Lucidity VS. Blue Man Group-I Feel Love

Farewell to my nomination, "Bring Your Whole Crew" by DMX. It's a song that I expected to go out in the first round, so I can't be disappointed by this result. Especially considering it has a line about a bloody dick because of f*cking a corpse. Good stuff. DMX's flow is unique, and I enjoy it most of the time. His lyricism isn't all that poetic, but he's perfect for a good time. His raspy voice is dope too. "I just love when a n***a bring his whole crew, it's just a bigger piece of cake for me to chew a hole through."

You can't make a rainbow without a little rain.
ROUND 1 DAY 3

Donovan - Hurdy Gurdy Man VS. Tyler Childers - I Swear (To God)

ROUND 1 DAY 3

John Conlee - Lady Lay Down VS. Avenged Sevenfold - Hail To The King-The first was actually quite nice but the other is way more my kind.

Audioslave - Like A Stone VS. Regina Spektor - "Samson"-I heard the first a lot when partying-like by association.

Promise and the Monster - Spine VS. Gianna Nannini - Grazie-Neither are really my type yet I kind of liked both.

The Cranberries - When You're Gone VS. Francoise Hardy - J'ai jeté mon coeur-I just assumed I'd be going the other way but that second is quite nice.

Spirit-I Got a Line On You VS. Red Hot Chili Peppers - Under The Bridge-The second is a great song that I've gotten a little sick of over the years. The first is probably my favorite of the tournament.

Don Williams - Lord, I Hope This Day Is Good VS. Genesis - Abacab-I like everything Don Williams but that's one of my faves from Genesis.

Donovan - Hurdy Gurdy Man VS. Tyler Childers - I Swear (To God)-A little burnt out on Hurdy Gurdy and I liked the other one.

Queensryche - Silent Lucidity VS. Blue Man Group-I Feel Love-I remember when the first came out and was popular, and it was just ok for me then. The second is an odd cover of one of my favorite songs.

ROUND 1 DAY 3

Never heard that cover, what a cool surprise! Loved that.

ROUND 1 DAY 3

John Conlee - Lady Lay Down

Regina Spektor - "Samson"

Gianna Nannini - Grazie

The Cranberries - When You're Gone - I liked both very much, it was difficult to decide

Red Hot Chili Peppers - Under The Bridge

Genesis - Abacab

Donovan - Hurdy Gurdy Man

Blue Man Group-I Feel Love - I love the girl with cold cathode gas discharge light dress

I'll get my votes in today, but it might be a few hours. If you are only waiting on me, you can open up the next set and I'll vote on both sets when I have the time today.

ROUND 1 DAY 3

I like that Cranberries song, but it's going to take a lot for me to vote against one of my own. My parents are Don Williams fans, and though that Genesis song is probably better, I'll vote against it this time. Queensryche shouldn't try to do Floyd, because they are not Floyd. I guess that means I have to vote for this weird ass Blue Man Group sh*t. This is f*cking nuts, what is happening here.

Sorry for the delay, people.
I've been tied up all weekend.
I'll be voting on DAY 3 and posting DAY 4 tomorrow morning.

Thanks for your patience!

ROUND 1 DAY 3

The first was not too bad, but the second is my kind of jam

The second was sweet, but the first is hard to dismiss. Chris Cornell. What a loss!

That first song sounded really good. The second was not my thing

The second was good, but the first is one of my top favorite Cranberries songs. Gives me the shivers. Dolores O'Riordan. Such a terrible loss!

Spirit is cool, but that's one of my favorite RHCP jams and it never gets old for me

People who say Phil Collins only makes lame music clearly did not hear this song among many others. The guy is so badass at the drum kit, and his voice...

Donovan - Hurdy Gurdy Man
VS. Tyler Childers - I Swear (To God)
I'm honestly not too fond of Donovan, but his song is much better than that second one

The first sounds like just another 80's cheesy metal ballad (not that that's a bad thing), but that second is amazing