My Favorite Celebrity Singing Voices

Tools    

Regular followers of my ramblings on this site are more than aware of my love for movie musicals, but that love sprung from a general love of music that began as a childhood passion where I discovered my own ability to sing and my admiration of great singers flourished as weli. The following is a list of my favorite celebrity singers and I will be covering a lot of ground here...not just the stars of movie musicals, but television, Broadway, rock, rhythm and blues, opera, etc. These are the people I can listen to all day long. I will NOT be discussing anyone's looks or their personal lives, I will be talking about their vocal abilities and their individual instruments and the music they produce and how it has moved and influenced me over the years. Get ready for my list of my favorite celebrity singers:

This might just do nobody any good.
Posting this because I doubt he’s actually in Gideon’s list (if he is, kiddos).

Oscar Isaac (Inside Llewyn Davis):

I love this thread! I tried posting here, minute ago, and it didn't come out, so I hope I m not repeating myself.

Haven't heard I m Easy in years; found it on YouTube and really enjoyed the song and that acoustic style of music. But I like you Gideon relish so many different types of music.

Also enjoyed Llewyn Davis and the music and especially - hearing, at the end of the movie, my fave music celebrity/actor(better known as a brilliant songwriter, and deservedly so):

Bob Dylan: Knocking on Heavens Door from the Pat Garrett movie. Well that s my 2 cents, and I m eagerly waiting for Gideon's list . Which is why we're all here😜

Let's get something out of the way right now...I can't stand Bob Dylan's voice and he will not be on this list. And I've never even heard of Llewelyn Davis.

Davy Jones

Go ahead and laugh, but I loved Davy's voice...here's his guest shot on The Brady Bunch singing the classic "Girl". RIP, Davy.

Marilyn Horne

One of the greatest voices from the world of opera...the late Marilyn Horne was one of the most dramatic mezzos ever. Here she is singing the most famous aria from Carmen, "La Habenera", which she would get to re-think onscreen in 1954 when she did the singing for Dorothy Dandridge in the musical Carmen Jones. Television fans might even remember her guest spot on The Odd Couple as a painfully shy secretary who had a serious crush on Oscar Madison (Jack Klugman).

Daryl Hall

Daryl Hall was the vocal magic behind Hall & Oates...I loved his voice because he had a tenor-like range but a more baritone sound, which was really sexy. This clip is of the record that also made my "Music that Makes Me Dance" list..."Kiss on My List."

Shirley Jones

Stage, screen, television, this Oscar-winning actress and singer has done it all...her beautiful lyric soprano first came to light during her impressive film debut in the 1955 musical Oklahoma!. She is observed here singing "What's the Use of Wondrin'" from the 1956 musical Carousel.

You can't make a rainbow without a little rain.

Marilyn Horne

One of the greatest voices from the world of opera...the late Marilyn Horne was one of the most dramatic mezzos ever. Here she is singing the most famous aria from Carmen, "La Habenera", which she would get to re-think onscreen in 1954 when she did the singing for Dorothy Dandridge in the musical Carmen Jones. Television fans might even remember her guest spot on The Odd Couple as a painfully shy secretary who had a serious crush on Oscar Madison (Jack Klugman).

I don't really know who Marilyn Horne is, but I remember her on "The Odd Couple", and she has a beautiful voice.

Shirley Jones

Stage, screen, television, this Oscar-winning actress and singer has done it all...her beautiful lyric soprano first came to light during her impressive film debut in the 1955 musical Oklahoma!. She is observed here singing "What's the Use of Wondrin'" from the 1956 musical Carousel.

Most people remember Shirley Jones from "The Partridge Family", but I loved her in the old musicals, Oklahoma!, Carousel, and The Music Man.

I don't really know who Marilyn Horne is, but I remember her on "The Odd Couple", and she has a beautiful voice.
That's so cool that you remember her from The Odd Couple...most people don't.

Tony Martin

His career at MGM might have been sporadic, but his velvety vocals were hard to resist. The clip of him singing "More than You Know" is from the 1955 musical Hit the Deck.

Keith Carradine - I'm Easy
"I'm Easy" is a great song and that scene is the best one in the movie, but Keith Carradine's singing voice is nothing special and he will not be appearing on this list.

Lea Solonga

This talented singer actress has appeared on Broadway in Les Miserables, Miss Saigon, and Flower Drum Song. She also provided the singing voice for Princess Jasmine in the Disney classic Aladdin. I have provided a vocal clip of her singing one of my favorite musical songs, "My Lord and Master" from The King and I.

You can't win an argument just by being right!

[size="7"][b]Lea Solonga

I dont know her but gee she's pretty .Video geoblocked so I shall google YT.

Please Quote/Tag Or I'll Miss Your Responses
"I'm Easy" is a great song and that scene is the best one in the movie, but Keith Carradine's singing voice is nothing special and he will not be appearing on this list.
My favorite moment in that movie is when the camera zooms in on Lily Tomlin's face, and she has that look... And those before, even the older lady who gives a certain peculiar smile, like she knows what's going on.

You can't win an argument just by being right!
Damn. I didnt know Davey died. Only 66. Vale.

That's so cool that you remember her from The Odd Couple...most people don't.

I watched "The Odd Couple" every night when I was younger. I remember almost everything from that show.