@PETA

Tools    

She was asking for evidence of a claim you made. You are reading way too much into her post.

Your example isn't anywhere being forced to do it as you noted so obviously she was right to question your claim.

I can be pretty selective hearing, too. But I know that there are a lot of things that happen that I don't hear of. I admit the world doesn't revolve around myself. But it's fun to watch the internet trolls focus their attention on one insignificant person...wouldn't you say?
I don't have selective hearing, tyvm, and I'd advise you to keep the insults to yourself. I simply asked you a question.

If you're trying to make me feel bad about hunting, eating meat, or having a pet...it won't happen. I'm not interested in an argument; I'm just stating my feelings and am not telling others how they should feel about it. If you're an adult, you should be allowed to make up your own mind, state your own position, and not impose or be forced to changing ones mind. I don't agree with a lot of things PETA does, and I don't have to.
Once again, I simply asked you a question. One which you have failed to answer. Also, way to jump to conclusions. You know that thing they say about what happens when you assume? Yeah.

I don't hunt because I take no pleasure in killing animals and because I don't like the taste of game meats. I'm also not a fan of guns and am not exactly the outdoors type. But I do eat meat - every day and at almost every meal. Want to make me happy? Put a nice medium-rare slab of steak in front of me. Oh and I have pets. I do absolutely consider them my family but I have no illusions about the fact that I own them.

Buuut, if you want something specific:

While no legal suit was ever brought up, the Las Vegas Area 51's baseball stadium had been picketed in 2003 for not offering a vegan alternative to their concessions. They didn't have to offer anything, but felt they should have the option anyway and started offering items that were more vegan friendly.
I wouldn't say that qualifies as force. Unless the picketing resulted in some kind of law stating that such places must offer vegan alternatives, it was still a choice.

You can't win an argument just by being right!
But it's fun to watch the internet trolls focus their attention on one insignificant person...wouldn't you say?
Miss Vicky is not a troll.

I was also curious when that ever happened. I cant see a couple of weekend vegans being successful forcing any restauranteur to provide for vegans. Not even that belligerent, potty mouth wanker extraordinaire Gordon Ramsay was hauled to court for telling weekend vegetarians his artichoke soup was made with chicken stock because it effing tastes better.

LOL if that actually happened I wish I had been there.

If I owned a restaurant and received a court or any other order to provide for vegans I'd say OK, you can have iceberg lettuce with salt and pepper.

Can you imagine going to a sporting ground and ordering vegan food then actually expecting it to be prepped in it's own vegan kitchen? Vegans should just stay home and make their own tofu turkey, then they know what they're getting, and they wont be annoying everyone else with their trendy hipster preaching.
Easy.

The only places i can see being forced into having vegetarian/vegan options are places like schools that have to cater to everyone. Although in that case the parents may even have to give the kids lunches to take to school, not sure.

When i was in primary school veganism wasn't something i had even heard of. The way our primary school did lunch was three different lunch trays of different colours you could pick from, the red one was always vegetarian (doubt vegan though) you could also have sandwiches but those often had meat in them. The only vegetarian i remember used to have pack lunches all the time though. Side note: Miss Vicky may remember him as the Sri Lankan who played the bagpipes . In secondary school i don't think i stayed in school for lunch a single time so i'm not sure what happened there, that's when i first became aware of veganism but i imagine the vegans would have preferred to go out for lunch since they had that option.

Why are we beating up vegans? I admire them, especially those true vegans who don’t wear animal products. I could never be a vegan (too complicated for me), but I respect their POV. I might be missing something here. Maybe some of them are overly-aggressive in their stance?

Why are we beating up vegans?
Nobody is?

For the record i think this quote from Omni in the other thread is true at least of myself.

but I'm willing to bet that it's not that they inform you of their views which gets under your skin, but that their views implicitly challenge how your view yourself.
I was really hostile towards Veganism at first and i noticed (and i notice this from loads of others) that people hold Vegans to a higher standard than almost anyone else, you regularly see people going for "gotcha" lines in discussions with Vegans as if them not being perfect humans means their life choice is severely flawed. It's kind of incredible and i definitely think it spawns from people whether consciously or not questioning their own lifestyle whenever they are forced to think about Veganism.

It was only when a close friend of mine became Vegan that i started to truly think about my attitude towards it.

The only places i can see being forced into having vegetarian/vegan options are places like schools that have to cater to everyone.
I dont even know if kids are catered for at all in schools here (apart from boarders who dont get a choice other than - back when I was boarding - diet or not diet. Diet just meant a leaf of lettuce and a slice of tomato instead of vegetables cooked to buggery, hold the stew swimming in a bowl of oil.

The only rule that I know of is no parent is allowed to send their kid to school with peanuts. Seriously, I cannot recall peanut allergies ever being discussed when I was a kid. I wonder what happened.

Nobody is?

For the record i think this quote from Omni in the other thread is true at least of myself.

It's not true at all. He was cruising to throw out some bait and failed. I think he went elsewhere looking for aggro entertainment.

It's not true at all. He was cruising to throw out some bait and failed. I think he went elsewhere looking for aggro entertainment.
Wasn't saying it was true of you, was saying it's largely true of a lot of people from my experience.

I dont even know if kids are catered for at all in schools here (apart from boarders who dont get a choice other than - back when I was boarding - diet or not diet. Diet just meant a leaf of lettuce and a slice of tomato instead of vegetables cooked to buggery, hold the stew swimming in a bowl of oil.

The only rule that I know of is no parent is allowed to send their kid to school with peanuts. Seriously, I cannot recall peanut allergies ever being discussed when I was a kid. I wonder what happened.
In Primary School here you got offered a free lunch if both your parents weren't working for some reason. So in that case i guess they had to offer a vegetarian one hence the red tray, as i said i hadn't even heard of Veganism then (1998-2005), was just a kid then of course though.

Never heard that about peanuts, understandable though.

I cannot recall peanut allergies ever being discussed when I was a kid. I wonder what happened.
https://snacksafely.com/2018/01/netf...-food-allergy/

Don’t know if you can stream this terrific series in Oz, but this episode explains everything. IIRC, over-use of antibiotics is to blame. Partially? Fully? Can’t remember.

Growing up in England, I never knew any child with food allergies or asthma. Or a child with ADD or similar.

Wasn't saying it was true of you, was saying it's largely true of a lot of people from my experience.
It's OK I didnt think you were.

I have friends who are vegan, vegetarian, ovo lacto vegetarian, pescatarian etc etc and they never get preachy, nor do I throw them a cow or pig bone when they come for dinner just to see them get pissed off. I have gone through vegan periods myself, first when I was involved with ALF at Uni and then over the years experimenting with my diet and my cooking, but supporting extremists like Peta or ALF is something I will not touch with a barge pole, especially Peta or anyone who endorses them. And I have never seen a vegan demanding pharmaceuticals not tested on animals so there you go. I'll ask my pharmacists when I see them this morning and I bet the answer is no. Even some of Ingrid's hypocritical goons have admitted to using insulin and other pharmaceuticals tested on animals. I guess it's OK if they're needing to save their lives, despite the boss' stance, and I do actually believe she would die for her cause but I'm very doubtful of her tiny army and their ethical leanings.

It's only online I have ever seen weekend vegans and vegan bashers going for it. I've never seen it in a restaurant, at home, or just out and about. I'm sure it happens but I just havent experienced it. I would never eat processed vegetarian or vegan meals because of the amount of crap that goes into them, including and especially palm oil, but I buy very little processed food anyway 1. because most of it contains hidden palm oil and 2 I just prefer to make my own from scratch although I draw the line at milling my own grains simply because I'm lazy, and 3 processed food tastes horrible.

I have a niece and nephew on the palm oil campaign (and before anyone jumps on me for forcing them, they actually got me into it) but we will never ever support those media whores at Peta. I'm quite happy for celebrities to toss money at them and watch it go up in smoke, and sit back while sweet Ingrid attracts psychopaths to her next disgusting, sensationalised campaigns

I have friends who are vegan, vegetarian, ovo lacto vegetarian, pescatarian etc etc and they never get preachy,
Think the preach vegetarian/vegan is largely a boogeyman. They definitely exist (just like boogeymen) but they are rare for the most part and it's usually more indicative of an obnoxious person than anything to do with a lifestyle. The only one i ever met that i had to spend an extended amount of time with was a close friend of an ex. She was a vegetarian and kept saying regularly in conversation that meat is murder when it wasn't at all relevant because people weren't talking about meat or ordering meat or whatever. It got to the point that my vegan friend kind of lost it and said "butter is murder" He was obviously exaggerating and it was obviously to point out that she's not morally perfect even dietarily for not eating meat. He's absolutely not a preacher, i swear i didn't know he was a Vegan until a few days after he became one and the only reason i found out was because i suggested going out for pizza. He has strong views on it all but will only go into it if he's asked questions on it. I do think for the most part the preachy vegetarian/vegan is a rare creature particularly since it has passed trendy, most people realize the majority of the population don't agree with them or don't care and they just focus on their own life. From my experience at least.

I'd also like to point out just in case you missed it that Omni is as against PETA as you. I'm guessing you may be aware of that and that contributed to you not realizing Omni is a Vegan at first.

https://snacksafely.com/2018/01/netf...-food-allergy/

Don’t know if you can stream this terrific series in Oz, but this episode explains everything. IIRC, over-use of antibiotics is to blame. Partially? Fully? Can’t remember.

Growing up in England, I never knew any child with food allergies or asthma. Or a child with ADD or similar.
Thank you. The first I knew of peanut allergy was a dozen or so years ago when my girlfriend accused the trolley lady of trying to kill her 2 kids by giving them dumplings with peanuts in them at Yum Cha. Trying to calm her down I said the spring rolls she put infront of them were probably deep fried in peanut oil. The only reaction the kids had was toi display barbaric table manners.

Back when I was at school? No such thing as all these different allergies, gluten intolerance, lactose intolerance etc. but I would not be the least bit surprised if antibiotics and being 'forced' to use hand sanitiser at every turn is the cause of it, plus parents who wrap their kids in cotton wool.

He's absolutely not a preacher, i swear i didn't know he was a Vegan until a few days after he became one and the only reason i found out was because i suggested going out for pizza.
Yep the same with muslims, jews, Adventists, even alcoholics etc. I've never eaten with one and had them bring it up. They've only discussed it when asked.

I know he's not a peta supporter.

If you're an adult, you should be allowed to make up your own mind, state your own position, and not impose or be forced to changing ones mind.
No one can force you to change your mind, your beliefs are subordinate to your brain's ability to reason and extrapolate truth from experiences.

What your asking for is for people not to try and persuade you, to appeal to your reason. Such as if I were to point out the extreme irony that you're complaining about vegans imposing themselves on you, while you impose yourself on non-human animals. It's sufficiently hypocritical as-is, but this phantom threat you're describing doesn't even exist.

Vegans should just stay home and make their own tofu turkey, then they know what they're getting, and they wont be annoying everyone else with their trendy hipster preaching.
Can I ever take you in context?

I could never be a vegan (too complicated for me),
I never understood how not buying something is complicated.

Pescetarians are not vegetarians.

I have a niece and nephew on the palm oil campaign
Why do you care so much about palm oil?

She was a vegetarian and kept saying regularly in conversation that meat is murder when it wasn't at all relevant because people weren't talking about meat or ordering meat or whatever. It got to the point that my vegan friend kind of lost it and said "butter is murder" He was obviously exaggerating
I don't think he was, I think he was just being reticent.

I don't think he was, I think he was just being reticent.
Is butter murder? There's farms that just focus on dairy, right? Although i suppose that's not a thing that will be specified on a label when you buy milk or whatever so it could be from a slaughterhouse cow, fair enough.

Is butter murder? There's farms that just focus on dairy, right? Although i suppose that's not a thing that will be specified on a label when you buy milk or whatever so it could be from a slaughterhouse cow, fair enough.
Predominately, dairy cows are sent to slaughter after they've outlived their usefulness as milk sources, and to get the maximum milk from them, cows are artificially inseminated to kickstart their reproductive cycle which results in calves which are slaughtered for the veal industry.

Predominately, dairy cows are sent to slaughter after they've outlived their usefulness as milk sources, and to get the maximum milk from them, cows are artificially inseminated to kickstart their reproductive cycle which results in calves which are slaughtered for the veal industry.
What is it that makes people decide something should be slaughtered as a baby for Veal and allow them to live to an adult for Beef?

Edit: Sorry, this is worded horribly. I was asking how butchers determine this?

Why do you care so much about palm oil?
I thought as much. How about you use some of that hostility trying to create wars with people you dont know on a movie forum calling them morons, hypocrites ad nauseum, lecturing on your new found veganism, trying to shift blame for some conflict you got into with non existent friends of mine from imdb and, educate yourself about what harvesting of palm oil is doing. There's your challenge for the weekend. Might keep you calmly entertained.

Gong hei fat choy

to camo, Cows are permanently pregnant to remain lactating and the baby cows are sent back for dairy production and the baby bulls are sent off as vealers.