Stirchley’s Fashion Thread

Tools    

Attractive outfit. Love the small Chanel bag. Shoes not so much. Kate does not have the best taste in shoes, which is a shame considering her wealth.

Pink is the most flattering color next to one’s face (@cat_sidhe) & Yolanda Foster at 54 looks great in this outfit. Mother of the beautiful young model Gigi Hadid.

I think Kate looks lovely, just lovely. Didn't notice the shoes til you mentioned it- what kind of shoes would go better with this outfit?

Kate wears those shoes a lot. Not sure why. There are so many fabulous shoes out there, but I don’t think she is really into shoes. Also, she has never carried a bag before (except 1 or 2 tiny clutches), but I’ve seen this Chanel bag more than once now. A bag gets in the way when you need to “press the flesh” and the Royals rarely use a shoulder bag. And never a cross-body bag.

Nice coat.

Helena Bonham Carter. Gotta love her.

Pippa looking cute, as per usual. She ruined the outfit by wearing white sneaks so I cropped them out of photo.

I previously posted that no Royal would ever wear a cross-body bag. Apparently, Meghan is the first one to do so.

You can't win an argument just by being right!
Shoes not so much. Kate does not have the best taste in shoes, which is a shame considering her wealth.
What's wrong with the shoes? I really like them.

There’s nothing wrong with them, per se. She just does not have the best taste in shoes. She is rather old-fashioned & staid in terms of footwear. Look back at some of the shoes I have posted here. I have never seen her in Chanel, Tod’s, Gucci, Ferragamo, etc., etc. I am kind of a footwear fanatic & think that if you have the wealth it’s a shame not to buy the very best, which is usually Italian.

They look like Bally to me. I have a pair just like it.

Royals can never win. People crucify them if they spend money on designer shoes while millions of people are starving around the world or dont spend money on designer shoes when they have enough money to buy a country in Africa and could jolly well make the effort to match their handbag and their gaudy earrings that hundreds of animals died just so they could look schmick while buying a coffee and a donut. Maybe these newbie commoners onthe scene can frolick in bare feet and be done with it all. Might be a bit cold at the moment, though. My bro is currently working there and god almighty he can whinge when his toes are cold.

I like that blue (fleece?) coat, thanks for showing that-most people I see are wearing 'pack' coats but I' m partial to fleece. Anyway I enjoy seeing these styles - whether or not there are imperfections in satorial splendor I leave for others wiser than I to say. With shoes, as long as we don't regress to the "Working Girl" days of pairing a fancy outfit with Nike sneakers, I m okay.

The royals are always bait for tabloids, but this current bunch- Diana's 'kids' and kin -seem quite likable to me.

Dani8 I need a Brit to Yank translation dictionary here, please-
Bally?
Whinge.???
What does it jolly well mean and btw tho I ve heard the phrase many times, what does jolly mean???

Hope your bro gets some lined boots!

The royals are always bait for tabloids, but this current bunch- Diana's 'kids' and kin -seem quite likable to me.

Dani8 I need a Brit to Yank translation dictionary here, please-
Bally?
Whinge.???
What does it jolly well mean and btw tho I ve heard the phrase many times, what does jolly mean???

Hope your bro gets some lined boots!
So do I. They seem quite normal in comparison to the rest of the family. Do you watch The Crown, Lady? I never liked The Establishment until seeing the show. Jolly good show it is! Someone on the net in a galaxy far far away was talking about how lovely and normal Margaret was. I said Darling, you're a carton of Chesterfields and a crate of Tanqueray beneath her contempt.

As for my brother's fashion disaster, I'm waiting for him to return home and act out that little charade. In a completely sodden state and ice block cold he spotted an ad for a most becoming pair of lined, gortex boots and rang all over London trying to track them down because in his usual style he needed them yesterday. There was one pair left and sitting forlornly in a mouldy cupboard in Westfield 2 hours drive across London. In a vile mission from god amidst soccer mum traffic he drove all the way only to find that the awkward excuse for a salesman he had spoken to on the telephone had found the correctly labelled box but had made the dangerous mistake of not looking inside. One look at my brother's face had Mr Awkward who was standing in a corner picking one of his crusty pimples suddenly scuttle away as fast has his chicken legs could carry him, never to return. The look on his face indicated he was a ne'er do well crushed individual.

Bally. You've never heard of Bally? Shame on you! It's a Swiss brand of shoe for the discerning and uber conservative Sloanes of Sloane Square who will pay through the nose for a piece of leather, dontchoo know.

I previously posted that no Royal would ever wear a cross-body bag. Apparently, Meghan is the first one to do so.
Not quite yet, wait until she is married then see if she wears a cross body bag. Then you would be wrong about it.

Huma Abedin (she works for Hillary Clinton) in a very nice dress. (Just noticed the color-coördinated bookshelves.)

I liked that outfit and the bag is good isn't it?

I liked that outfit and the bag is good isn't it?
I think her pants are too long (a lot of women do that nowadays for some reason ). Her bag is fairly nice. Think I read someplace that it’s from a Scottish handbag designer?

Might be a bit cold at the moment, though. My bro is currently working there and god almighty he can whinge when his toes are cold.
It has been cold here the last week or so .

So do I. They seem quite normal in comparison to the rest of the family. Do you watch The Crown, Lady? I never liked The Establishment until seeing the show. Jolly good show it is! Someone on the net in a galaxy far far away was talking about how lovely and normal Margaret was. I said Darling, you're a carton of Chesterfields and a crate of Tanqueray beneath her contempt.

As for my brother's fashion disaster, I'm waiting for him to return home and act out that little charade. In a completely sodden state and ice block cold he spotted an ad for a most becoming pair of lined, gortex boots and rang all over London trying to track them down because in his usual style he needed them yesterday. There was one pair left and sitting forlornly in a mouldy cupboard in Westfield 2 hours drive across London. In a vile mission from god amidst soccer mum traffic he drove all the way only to find that the awkward excuse for a salesman he had spoken to on the telephone had found the correctly labelled box but had made the dangerous mistake of not looking inside. One look at my brother's face had Mr Awkward who was standing in a corner picking one of his crusty pimples suddenly scuttle away as fast has his chicken legs could carry him, never to return. The look on his face indicated he was a ne'er do well crushed individual.

I enjoyed reading that Dani .

It has been cold here the last week or so .

I enjoyed reading that Dani .
Knowing the death stare my brother can pull I'm worried the little salesman might be suing for a new pair of trousers, See.