President Trump

Tools    

You can't win an argument just by being right!
I'm vehemently anti Trump. I wont be buying the book, prostrating before it or otherwise bowing and scraping.

I'm vehemently anti Trump. I wont be buying the book, prostrating before it or otherwise bowing and scraping.
Well! I won't be buying any books about your country's President either (or King, Grand Poobah, Head Boomerang Chucker, Top Wallaby, Kangaroo Chief or whatever you got down there!)

When this crowd actually generally approves of a President, that's when it's time to get worried

Now it's all

http://www.cnn.com/2018/01/08/politi...ypo/index.html

APPARENTLY, Mr. Trump has called his presidency: "Consensual." He deleted the tweet after the typo was 'detected.' However "comma", this is probably a cover-up. It all makes sense considering the weird, piggish, sexual ogre Trump is.

And that's a weird way of putting it. "Consensual;" opposed to, what exactly? Rape? I mean, that's a uncomfortable and potentially inappropriate way of putting it... but c'mon mate, you know I'm probably right. This doesn't make sense either. Where would you even have sex with the presidency?

Right there. I'VE DONE IT.
Vice President
358 Exchange Place New York, N.Y. 10099 FAX 212 555 6390 TELEX : () 4534

The only question I have is this: what will the inevitable "President Trump" movie be like? Who will star and who will direct?
Trump - Owen Wilson
Director - Anyone but Oliver Stone (Alt: Adam McKay)
Writer - Aaron Sorkin

That elusive hide-and-seek cow is at it again
I'm pretty much anti-trump, but I believe a book like this is a bee-line down from any high road claim one could have made, for two reasons. 1) the moment we (anyone left of center, or even really center for that matter) take part in second-hand commentary like this then we are are becoming exactly what I thought we were grandstanding against: gossip/tabloid news coverage or political talk disguised as news. 2) Many that disagree with left-leaning ideals have been happy to dismiss even science to perceive a win on any given debate. Honestly, how do you think this book will be interpreted then if even just one passage is disproved? That one passage will discredit the entire book; the book will discredit those that support it; and by association, all similar views will be equally discredited because the argument will then become a simple matter of "well, if they lied once...." And any one who has any view that falls in a spectrum anywhere near that book will be seen as a fanatic. because that's how this game is working.

I'd rather have the high road. Even if I fail in the end, at least I know I held to principle. I agree with Cobpyth. I do not want to be caught in a fever.

"Ever try to forcibly pin down a house cat? It's not easy." - Captain Steel

"I just can't get pass sticking a finger up a dog's butt." - John Dumbear

You can't win an argument just by being right!
I do not want to be caught in a fever.
Just all seems like some real life day time soap to me, and Trump is the lead actor ad libbing.

probably to gain publicity . no one had heard of the village till then , now everyone knows about it .

Putting aside all the irony, this is pretty obnoxious...

Yeah, I'm taking a high road too, and it's called supporting the First Amendment.

Putting aside all the irony, this is pretty obnoxious...

Yeah, I'm taking a high road too, and it's called supporting the First Amendment.
Indeed. Nobody shall speak ill of the great supreme leader!

Meanwhile, Trump has reached a new low today: http://www.msnbc.com/msnbc/watch/tru...-1134990403518

Stock market performing well justifies such a ludicrous behavior by the president? The US has an important international role to play as the world's peacekeeper and Trump is undermining the US's authority and dignity and hence making the world a less stable and safe place.

Stock market performing well justifies such a ludicrous behavior by the president? The US has an important international role to play as the world's peacekeeper and Trump is undermining the US's authority and dignity and hence making the world a less stable and safe place.
Can't argue with any of that, Guap. (Well, I could, but I agree with most of it.)

But as I read someone say on another site - if Obama had accomplished in one of his two 4-year terms what Trump has accomplished with the economy in less than one year, then Obama would have been nominated for an additional Nobel prize and lauded as the greatest President who became the savior of the American economy.

Can't argue with any of that, Guap. (Well, I could, but I agree with most of it.)

But as I read someone say on another site - if Obama had accomplished in one of his two 4-year terms what Trump has accomplished with the economy in less than one year, then Obama would have been nominated for an additional Nobel prize and lauded as the greatest President who became the savior of the American economy.
I'm glad to hear you come around on Obama:
https://www.forbes.com/sites/johndor.../#10ce1ff96644

Stock markets will hit new highs. That's what indexes tend to do (and at ever increasing rates). I have no idea why the stock market is being cited so much.

Well, sorry, I do know why. There's not much else positive to cite.

You are talking as if both of them started from the same spot.

What would have been interesting is to see what Obama would have accomplished had he inherited an economy that was not in a downward spiral contracting at 8.2% and unemployment at 7.3% and rising.
https://www.washingtonpost.com/poste...=.150cf775741f

At the same time it is downright scary to think what Trump would have done in that situation.
It must have felt nice to keep riding on someone else's economic coattails and inherit an economy that was growing at 3% and unemployment rate at 4.6%.

Had Trump kept up some of his campaign promises regarding hedge funders and passed them into the recent tax law I might have actually given him some credit into being a bit braver than Obama regarding those issues. Unfortunately, that turned out to be a total lie most likely a promise he knew he would never keep.

Go ahead. Tell me again he's not racist.