2014 Box Office Challenge III

Tools    

Chappie doesn't like the real world
I'll wait to say this until after all picks are done as not to influence anyone, but I sure wish I had picked another movie for my five.

Can someone explain what this "bombing" thing you're all doing is?
Now that everyone has made their choices. We all pick one person to give a bomb pick. It can be anything released in this time frame. The idea is to give someone something that you think will not do well. Your up. You can bomb anyone but me, Rauldc, and honeykid.

You can't make a rainbow without a little rain.
Now that everyone has made their choices. We all pick one person to give a bomb pick. It can be anything released in this time frame. The idea is to give someone something that you think will not do well. Your up. You can bomb anyone but me, Rauldc, and honeykid.

Is there a point to the bombing? In other words, does it mean anything, like negative points or something, or is it just for fun?

Is there a point to the bombing? In other words, does it mean anything, like negative points or something, or is it just for fun?
It will count towards their total. For better or worse.

Okay, if I understand this correctly, I'm supposed to pick a movie that I think will do poorly at the box office, and give it to someone who I think picked good choices for movies that will do well at the box office. Is this correct?

One more question, but it's a two-parter.

A) Can I bomb someone who has already been bombed, and
B) Can I pick a "bomb" movie that's already been used?

Yes. You want to pick something that does poorly. It's best if it has a big budget and does poorly.

You may not bomb someone who has been bombed, but you may bomb with a movie that has already been used.

Try to pick something really bad, gb. You want to piss the other person off.

Okay, after re-reading this entire thread, I'm basing this decision on the movies that were picked by the people who haven't been bombed yet.

I'll bomb Theo with "Annie" because I think he's picked the best movies, and I think "Annie" will be the biggest bomb.

Let me know if this is okay.

@goddoggo, thanks for the help last night

@gbgoodies, fine job, its that simple

@honekid, I dont see why not. It hasn't come up yet, but I am fine with it

I will get you guys a bomb update this afternoon, but feel free to continue. So far me, honeykid, rauldc, and theo have been bombed.

OK, in that case I give my good friend JD, Interstellar.

I think the budget is going to be, at least, 200m, which is going to mean over 400m to turn a profit and I think it'll do well to take 200 domestically. If it really piles on, it'll be huge, but I think this one will depend on the worldwide take. Sorry, but I just don't have it in me to have a look about like I usually do, so I'll either make him or break him.

@goddoggo, thanks for the help last night

@gbgoodies, fine job, its that simple

@honekid, I dont see why not. It hasn't come up yet, but I am fine with it

I will get you guys a bomb update this afternoon, but feel free to continue. So far me, honeykid, rauldc, and theo have been bombed.
Also Jiraffe and Teeter have been bombed.

I think you missed a few bombs. I noticed it last night, but I thought I might be reading it wrong. These are the ones that I saw last night that narrowed down the people who I thought I was allowed to bomb. (Plus mine, and one more today.)

Alright Jaydee us going to still pick, I think. In the meantime we can start some bombs. Since me and Rauldc have the exact same picks, I am going to bomb him with Dracula Untold.
Seanc you get Left Behind.
HK gets Exodus: Gods and Kings
I'll give Swan Annie.
I give JJ The Book of Life.
I'm giving Teeter Dumb and Dumber To. That may be a dumb move, but I read something that makes me think maybe it's not.
I'll bomb Theo with "Annie" because I think he's picked the best movies, and I think "Annie" will be the biggest bomb.
OK, in that case I give my good friend JD, Interstellar.

Sent PM out to the last four people that need to bomb someone. I told them they can PM me and I will assign randomly if they are uncomfortable. I really want bombs to be a little better used this round. Last round quite a few did not even make a difference. As we have seen they can be the difference between someone winning or losing an entire round.

Thanks guys. Jaydee's pick will go to Donnie, and we will be ready to roll. Bombs are much better this time, I think. No movies that will be straight VOD.