2014 Box Office Challenge II

Tools    

I am trying to decide who to bomb and what to bomb them with. What sites can I use to find out the estimated budgets for these things?
That is what makes this a little challenging at least. Budgets are hard to find before release, and sometimes after as we have seen.

Thank you guys. We still need bombs for Donnie, Teeter, Jirrafe, and Gunslinger.

Tongo is not going to participate if you want to pick someone else, Godoggo.

The remaining players without a bomb will receive Rage, since that was the only bomb picked more than once.

Happy Challenge II. Tammy opens today and a couple of us are on the board already.

Chappie doesn't like the real world
Thank you guys. We still need bombs for Donnie, Teeter, Jirrafe, and Gunslinger.

Tongo is not going to participate if you want to pick someone else, Godoggo.
I do. I'll bomb Gunslinger with something else besides Rage to make for more diversity. Give me a sec.

Chappie doesn't like the real world
Damn that was the bomb I picked too.
I didn't even know that. I just went by what looked horrible again. I almost went with the Step Up dance movie, but I read that they are actually profitable.

I didn't even know that. I just went by what looked horrible again. I almost went with the Step Up dance movie, but I read that they are actually profitable.
Yeah that surprised the hell out of me too.

Yep, I have the Step Up film on my list. Those films make crazy money worldwide. Much like the Transformer film, though, I'm worried that this will be a film too far for the series. We'll see.

The Picks:

Jiraffejustin:
Tammy
Dawn Of The Planet Of The Apes
Guardians Of The Galaxy
Sin City 2
The Equalizer

Bomb:Rage

Masterman:
Guardians Of The Galaxy
Sin City 2
Expendables 3
Planes 2

Bomb:Lucy

Donniedarko:
Sin City 2
Deliver Us From Evil
Hercules
Guardians Of The Galaxy

Sci-fi Slob:
Sin City 2
Expendables 3
Guardians Of The Galaxy
Planes 2

Bomb:And So It Goes

Swan:
Sin City 2
Guardians Of The Galaxy
Expendables 3
Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles

BombRage

JayDee:
Guardians Of The Galaxy
Expendables 3
Hercules

Bomb:Green Inferno

Godoggo
Deliver Us From Evil
Planes 2
Guardians Of The Galaxy

Bomb:Get On Up

Seanc
Tammy
Guardians Of The Galaxy
Expendables 3

Bomb:Hercules

Gunslinger:
Guardians Of The Galaxy
Planes 2
Purge 2

Bomb:And So It Goes

Rauldc:
Guardians Of The Galaxy
Deliver Us From Evil
Sin City 2
The Equalizer

Honeykid:
Planes 2
Step Up
Into The Storm

Bomb:Road To Palomoa

Teeter_G:
Guardians Of The Galaxy
Sin City 2
Hercules

Week 1:

$36,400,000

Transformers ruled the roost again which is no surprise. All that does is add to Teeter-G's win total for Round I. Still some stuff to think about for Round II though. Tammy opened, and although it didn't crush it, the movie will make money. With a budget of $40mil, it is already in the mid-thirties. A few of us also picked Deliver Us From Evil which had the same budget as Tammy. If you go by the rule that a movie will triple it's opening weekend then Deliver Us From Evil is in line to make a few million.

I changed up how the front two pages are going to look so see what you guys think. It looks a little cleaner and is less work for me, so win-win. Just updated Box Office results in second post, we will hold off for a couple week on a leaderboard.

Week 2:

$73,000,000

The weekend Box Office could not be more uneventful for our MoFo contest. Apes will do just about what it was thought it would do, which is make a little money. What makes this so uneventful is every single person picked Apes. So whether it makes any money or not could not matter less. Tammy did go in the black this week which is good news for two of us. Deliver Us From Evil is still in the red and worst still the budget went up, so not good news for a few of you.

Movie numbers are updated in the first two posts so take a gander. Going to hold off on a leader board for at least another week. Don't fear, I have not forgotten about challenge I, just holding off on declaring the board official until Transformers falls out of the top 10. Why? Because it is a lot of work to add all the numbers together and we all know who won already anyway.

I'm not surprised we've all got this. It's the one solid gold, sure fire hit that you could point at and go, "yes, that's going to make a bundle". Everything else will either make enough to turn a profit, maybe even upto $100m, but not enough to make it an obvious choice or has a budget you couldn't be too sure of.

Young Skywalker. Missed you, I have...
I think that Guardians of the Galaxy is pretty much a sure fire gainer as well. Turtles has the potential to be. Honestly who knows anymore. Depends on what they go up against on release weekend.