+ Rep The Person Above You

Tools    

I too have received obnoxious amounts of negative rep; I agree with Sexy on this, the bitching over this thread is absolutely absurd. I've seen people get +repped for pretty pointless stuff, and the posts here are NOT pointless at all. They're funny.

Because some people here think that having a good time on a funny thread is worthy of negative rep. To all of you critics of this thread, you have every right to voice your opinion here, but that doesn't make it right to ruin everyone else's good time by neg repping them just for participating.

28 days...6 hours...42 minutes...12 seconds
I hardly EVER neg rep. I've only done it when someone is offensive, takes a dig at me or is meatwad.

Suspect's Reviews

I don't really care that he neg repped me. It doesn't take away the fun I've had with this thread. I think the people who complain about this thread devaluing their precious rep that they worked so hard to get need to get a sense of humor and a life, and neg repping people just to restore some imaginary balance is beyond stupid, way more stupid than gay superhero pics.

I wouldn't mind seeing the rep system removed completely, in fact, because it doesn't do anything,really, that couldn't also be communicated by a simple post expressing agreement or disagreement or a plain old lol, anyways.
#31 on SC's Top 100 Mofos list!!

The rep system is a good way to show appreciation or disappreciation without having to comment, which I think is useful and convenient.

And I don't think it's the repping for pointless things people have a problem with (as that happens quite often), it's just the idea of having a whole thread specifically based on unnecessary +rep. Which was initially created to +rep whoever the person above you was.

I already said I didn't agree with the thread, but if you guys want to turn it into some sort of game then go ahead, I suppose that's not as bad. But saying we don't agree with the thread doesn't mean we lack a life or a sense of humour, my friend.

The rep system is a good way to show appreciation or disappreciation without having to comment, which I think is useful and convenient.
I would have agreed with that but the rep has increasingly become a headache, having to explain and defend a thumbs down to a mod every time some person gets offended that they were, HORROR OF HORRORS, neg repped.

I wasn't really directing that comment at everyone who thinks it's abad idea, mostly just expressing annoyance at anyone making a big deal out of it.

And I never saw this thread as anything but a game done for the lols in the first place.

28 days...6 hours...42 minutes...12 seconds
I would have agreed with that but the rep has increasingly become a headache, having to explain and defend a thumbs down to a mod every time some person gets offended that they were, HORROR OF HORRORS, neg repped.
That's the problem though, the point of the rep system in my opinion is to use the positive rep more than the negative. To show support to people who take the time to put effort into their posts. Like the Top 100 or so. Negative rep should only be used for things that deserve negative rep, not a simple disagreement. You just said that you needed to defend it EVERYTIME, meaning you've probably given out more negative rep than I have and I've been here for YEARS.

Hell, you've neg repped me a few times and I didn't do anything out of the ordinary.

I've gotten quite a few negative reps from plainview and thats frustrating. I thought this was a fun thing that we could all share together and make eachother laugh.

That's the problem though, the point of the rep system in my opinion is to use the positive rep more than the negative. To show support to people who take the time to put effort into their posts. Like the Top 100 or so. Negative rep should only be used for things that deserve negative rep, not a simple disagreement. You just said that you needed to defend it EVERYTIME, meaning you've probably given out more negative rep than I have and I've been here for YEARS.

Hell, you've neg repped me a few times and I didn't do anything out of the ordinary.
Keep twisting the truth. I'll neg rep you again.

I'm closing this thread. TUS is correct: the rep system has a purpose and this thread undermines it. The fact that it shouldn't be a big deal to people doesn't it mean it should have no meaning whatsoever.