Share your experience

Tools    

Movie Forums Stage-Hand
In your experience, What can I learn right now in just 10 minutes that could be useful for the rest of my life?

Jealousy poisons every relationship. You might find one incident where the effects of jealousy feel intoxicating, but it will eventually bring down your relationship every single time.

Confidence kills jealousy
. Find ways to build up your confidence if you feel like you have jealousy inside you. It took me many years and many relationships to learn this.

Duplicate Account (locked)
Dont use the internet to argue with people.

Edit:...okay, scratch that, yoda and his un-limited wisdom has pointed out that you will probably argue with people on the internet.

Don't try to "change the world". Just be happier, do what you
need to accomplish this.

Dont expect anything out of anyone.

If you're going to steal, make sure it fits in your pocket.

Don't take pleasure in humiliating others.

Do as I say, not as I do.

That elusive hide-and-seek cow is at it again
Don't seek immediate life advice from anonymous movie forum folk?

Just a guess tho.

Bright light. Bright light. Uh oh.
Spend 10 minutes writing the most artful, creative thing about you or something you love,

Please Quote/Tag Or I'll Miss Your Responses
Find things to love outside of people -- chances are they'll let you down. Repeatedly.

Search information and art before you were born to understand how we got to this state.

Share all the greatest things you love with people, especially online where you can reach many people.

Never depend on anyone except yourself.

Find things to love outside of people -- chances are they'll let you down. Repeatedly.

Search information and art before you were born to understand how we got to this state.

Share all the greatest things you love with people, especially online where you can reach many people.

Never depend on anyone except yourself.

I love this advice, btw. Cheers to a world without psychiatrists.

"How tall is King Kong ?"
Treat cats like gom jabbar tests. Once they're clamped around your hand, don't move. If you move you die. Try to remove their claws in the correct order. Each cat has a correct order. If you fail, all the claws get back in position and you have to restart again. Once you've removed all the claws in the correct order, the fangs will let you lose. You can remove your hand. You can try to poke the nose but be fast : if you hand gets caught again, you suffer a penalty (one gnaw per nose poke). Also be aware that for each successfully poked nose, the claws' speed increase.

If it's brown, drink it down. If it's black, send it back.

But seriously, treat service industry employees (grocery store staff, wait staff, fast food staff, etc.) with kindness and respect. It seems like a no-brainer, but after working in it for years and observing other customers, you'd be surprised and ashamed by how many of them ignore or treat the employees rudely. It's hard to think of an easier way to make your day and someone else's by being polite and most importantly thanking a service industry worker. Oh, and put your shopping carts in the return! Leaving them at your parking spot makes courtesy clerks' jobs harder and loose carts make the parking lot a worse place for everyone.

Treat cats like gom jabbar tests. Once they're clamped around your hand, don't move. If you move you die. Try to remove their claws in the correct order. Each cat has a correct order. If you fail, all the claws get back in position and you have to restart again. Once you've removed all the claws in the correct order, the fangs will let you lose. You can remove your hand. You can try to poke the nose but be fast : if you hand gets caught again, you suffer a penalty (one gnaw per nose poke). Also be aware that for each successfully poked nose, the claws' speed increase.
This reminds me of something I heard - don't know if it's true and hope I never HAVE to find out - but if you encounter a vicious dog (such as an angry, untrained pit bull) and it has clamped its jaws onto you or an innocent pet, any pulling, swatting, shaking, kicking, punching, car horn beeping, squirting with a hose will only make the angry dog clamp harder and become more determined - allegedly one way that will make them let go is sticking a finger as hard and as far up their sphincter as you can!

Personally, I'd look for a stick or other implement!

Can any dog experts confirm or deny?

This reminds me of something I heard - don't know if it's true and hope I never HAVE to find out - but if you encounter a vicious dog (such as an angry, untrained pit bull) and it has clamped its jaws onto you or an innocent pet, any pulling, swatting, shaking, kicking, punching, car horn beeping, squirting with a hose will only make the angry dog clamp harder and become more determined - allegedly one way that will make them let go is sticking a finger as hard and as far up their sphincter as you can!

Personally, I'd look for a stick or other implement!

Can any dog experts confirm or deny?

have you EVER put anything in your own butthole?

have you EVER put anything in your own butthole?
That's a personal question!

I did look it up - and some people feel it's true, while some alleged dog experts say that when a dog is in a frenzy or "red zoning" then they probably wouldn't even notice since dogs can lose entire limbs during a fight and only become more vicious because of it.

Some animal handlers said that checks or treatments that involve insertion in that area actually MAKE the dogs bite or go into attack mode.

A better strategy (although also not guaranteed) is to try to pull & lift the dog by the tail or lift it off the ground by its back legs (called "wheel barrowing"). Supposedly this will startle the dog & unbalance them which may make them let go.

Of course, none of these are very useful if you're the victim as you wouldn't be in a position to grab the dog from behind - but it might be useful if you were trying to help someone else or save another animal. But there's a chance the dog may turn their attack on the person grabbing them from behind, so you have to keep backing up while lifting them (but then... how long can you keep lifting and backing up?).

There's the "bear attack" strategy: curl up in a ball & play dead while making fists (to protect fingers) and protecting you vital areas.

Another idea was jam your hand with fingers extended down the dog's throat - effectively choking it. The warning was that your hand & wrist WILL get injured, but it may save more vital areas.

One person said the best defense is the same as in a shark attack - punch the dog as hard as you can in the nose as it is one of their most sensitive and vulnerable areas.

Sorry if I'm rude but I'm right
If you're going to steal, make sure it fits in your pocket.
Darn it! Must've been why I failed to steal that elephant!
Spend 10 minutes writing the most artful, creative thing about you or something you love,
Cinema. Now I can use the rest of my 9 minutes and 55 seconds to watch a short film.
Look, I'm not judging you - after all, I'm posting here myself, but maybe, just maybe, if you spent less time here and more time watching films, maybe, and I stress, maybe your taste would be of some value. Just a thought, ya know.

Movie Forums Stage-Hand
Don't seek immediate life advice from anonymous movie forum folk?

Just a guess tho.
Yup I forget to mention "which your learn from movies"

Movie Forums Stage-Hand
Always profit in the service of others - never at the expense of others.
- adapted from Jim Rohn
“Think like a man of action, act like a man of thought.”
-Henri Bergson