Happy Anniversary, 7thson!

Tools    

Thanks everyone, really appreciate the kind thoughts.

Wow, 16 years ago:

I was 37 years old. No grand kids, recently divorced. I was working as a manager at Papa Johns (actually made pretty decent money). It was an in between job for me but I didn't tell them that or they would not have hired me as a manager.

Price of gas $1.89

Space Shuttle Columbia Disaster

The new United States Department of Homeland Security officially begins operation

Saddam Hussein, former President of Iraq, is captured in Tikrit by the U.S. 4th Infantry Division

Popular Films

The Lord of the Rings: The Return of the King
Finding Nemo
The Matrix Reloaded
Pirates of the Caribbean: The Curse of the Black Pearl
Bruce Almighty
The Last Samurai
Terminator 3: Rise of the Machines
The Matrix Revolutions
X2: X-Men United
Bad Boys II
Lost in Translation

Got this info from http://www.thepeoplehistory.com/2003.html

I remember all of these things and it really does not seem like that long ago. Seen all the movies listed here along with many others.

I must say I have enjoyed my time here on the forum. I finally got to meet Yoda this year in Pittsburgh which was really cool.

A lot of memories here and hopefully there are a lot more to come.

16 years when you first joined? When did this site first get set up??
I wish I’d had known of you guys sooner
Yeah, same here, I've been here barely a year. I think it was created 2000-ish?

The trick is not minding
Yeah, same here, I've been here barely a year. I think it was created 2000-ish?
I made the mistake a decade ago joining Mubi. I left within a year because there were some self righteous jerks there who wouldn’t hesitate to insult you if you had a different opinion then theirs.
So far I’ve enjoyed this site.
(Sorry to hijack your anniversary) 😑

I made the mistake a decade ago joining Mubi. I left within a year because there were some self righteous jerks there who wouldn’t hesitate to insult you if you had a different opinion then theirs.
Yeah, that used to happen a lot here too, but now I don't post as much as I used to.

You should make an introduction thread. BTW I've never been to Mubi but I've heard similar complaints about the snob attitude there.

The trick is not minding
You should make an introduction thread. BTW I've never been to Mubi but I've heard similar complaints about the snob attitude there.
I already have when I first joined a few weeks ago

I do not know the exact date it was setup, a few years before I joined but couldn't say when. Yoda would know I am sure.

Thanks again everyone.