Question about Jacob's Ladder (1990)

Tools    

Night Monkey likes to beat it.
*spoilers*

So what we see away from the war, that's all just a hallucination? And his relationship with Jezzie, that was just a fantasy he had about a coworker while being married?

Also, feel free to post your thoughts about the remake here. I haven't see it yet, but I'm curious to know what the buzz is first hand. I sometimes find it hard to trust IMDb and Rotten Tomatoes reviews.

Movie Forums Squirrel Jumper
That's why Jacobs Ladder is a hard movie to judge cause it's such a suspenseful ride throughout but then it has a considerable cop out ending, with the whole, it was all a dream ending cliche. But still a good movie, for the rest of it.

That's why Jacobs Ladder is a hard movie to judge cause it's such a suspenseful ride throughout but then it has a considerable cop out ending, with the whole, it was all a dream ending cliche. But still a good movie, for the rest of it.
It kind of reminds me of another movie, the one with Kevin Spacey.

It's weird, because I don't know if I can actually respect or even love cop out movies. The ride might be fun, but I feel like I've been cheated. It's funny to feel cheated on reality with a work of fiction.

Which one with Kevin Spacey? The Usual Suspects?

Which one with Kevin Spacey? The Usual Suspects?
No, the other one.

Which one?

A system of cells interlinked
I presume he means K-Pax? *Shrugs*

The Adventure Starts Here!
I'm resurrecting this.
I assume he meant American Beauty... since in that one,

WARNING: "spoilers" spoilers below
Spacey's character is dead.

It's about a guy who is dying who is having a dream about what his life might have been like.

It's basically An Occurrence at Owl Creek Bridge.

It's been a while since I've seen Jacob's Ladder, but I remember enjoying it quite a lot. The only thing I'm confused on is
WARNING: spoilers below
whether the drug that was supposedly given to Jacob's unit to make them aggressive was real. Since Jacob and his unit died in the opening, how did they know about the drug? Info about it wouldn't have been revealed until after they died, provided it was real.