Best Sex Scene

Tools    

One of the worst/cheesiest sex scenes ever, IMO! Surprised to see it getting so much love in this thread. Comes across as some unintentional comedy to me!

Maybe I'm giving Snyder too much credit but that and some of the more excessive violence felt like it was deliberately over the top. A film about deconstructing comic heroes playing up sex and violence to a comic degree.

A system of cells interlinked
Maybe I'm giving Snyder too much credit but that and some of the more excessive violence felt like it was deliberately over the top. A film about deconstructing comic heroes playing up sex and violence to a comic degree.
Fair point. Came across as goofy 70s-style hunka-junka to me, though.

You ready? You look ready.
Sex is weird and awkward, so Imma have to say The Spectacular Now.

Although, I also love that tub scene from The Fountain.
"This is that human freedom, which all boast that they possess, and which consists solely in the fact, that men are conscious of their own desire, but are ignorant of the causes whereby that desire has been determined." -Baruch Spinoza

80's thrillers and action films plus a lot of modern net series come to mind forcing it into stories were it doesn't really belong and often not filming it very well either.

As I said in the other thread I think in the US especially there has tended to be a situation were casual sexuality is overused but actually making films with it as a central subject is underused. You could argue things have changed a bit more recently but someone like Lynch was a rarity and always more loved in mainland Europe than in the US.
This has a lot to do with the thread i previously made : the demise of the erotic thriller genre,

Another great addition: Last tango in paris (1972)

Movie Forums Squirrel Jumper
Has anyone mentioned Shoot Em' Up (2007) yet?

That elusive hide-and-seek cow is at it again
The scene in Watchmen is great
One of the worst/cheesiest sex scenes ever, IMO! Surprised to see it getting so much love in this thread. Comes across as some unintentional comedy to me!

Agreed. First, Leonard Cohen's Hallelujah seemed a very strange choice for the scene. Second, the flame burst was too much on an already overloaded sequence. I loved the movie, but that scene made me cringe.

Movie Forums Squirrel Jumper
I was actually thinking Jane Fonda's was one of the worst, but that's okay though cause I thought it was suppose to be bad intentionally? Her orgasm in Coming Home was much better

I was actually thinking Jane Fonda's was one of the worst, but that's okay though cause I thought it was suppose to be bad intentionally? Her orgasm in Coming Home was much better
I think the whole movie was supposed to be bad intentionally!
Let's just call it a "memorable" scene (I always remembered it - of course I remember just about everything remotely sexual that I saw onscreen at age 13)!

I read a report about this recently in Rough Cut:

3. THE POSTMAN ALWAYS RINGS TWICE (1981) - Jessica Lange / Jack Nicholson
Nice to see some love for this scene...Nicholson taking Lange on top of that butcher block kitchen table is one of the steamiest sex scenes EVER!

Nice to see some love for this scene...Nicholson taking Lange on top of that butcher block kitchen table is one of the steamiest sex scenes EVER!

This scene is really amazing. Had been a while since I had seen it.

"A History of Violence" (2005)
Viggo Mortenson and Maria Bello gettin' it on a staircase...

I haven't seen it but I remember an actor mentioning it when asked what their favourite was. Could have been Bryan Cranston.

Yeah had forgotten about that, the two scenes summed up the shift in the characters very well. Cronenberg's Spider as well is a film were the sexual content is vital to the story.

Diane lane restaurant bathroom sex scene in Unfaithful