The Avatar Thread

Tools    

Nah it'd cost more than it's worth tbh.
Needs a new disc drive, new fan, new battery, and a new light on the screen as well... plus it's a Windows 7 machine

Newbie here with a request. Not sure if this is the right thread, but what the hey. I've tried to no avail to shrink this down to fit as an AV. Any help would be very appreciative.

Thanks in advance.
I had a go at reframing a part of the gif so it doesn't cut the characters out at the edges.

Not sure exactly how well it's turned out.

[Me, when I realize the thread is not about Cameron's films]

Done.
Old lappy didn't crash or anything. Makes a change

Removed the black hat so I could fit the Santa hat... and I also smoothed the animation out slightly.
@cat_sidhe

I missed this. Thank you so much! I'll add it tonight from the old laptop.

Just changed my avatar. I believe I have only had these four avatars in the nearly twenty years I have been a member here. All are obviously shots of William Holden as Pike Bishop in Sam Peckinpah's The Wild Bunch (1969).

FIRST

SECOND

THIRD

CURRENT
Attachments
Click image for larger version

Name:	squared.jpg
Views:	1688
Size:	26.6 KB
ID:	81381  
"Film is a disease. When it infects your bloodstream it takes over as the number one hormone. It bosses the enzymes, directs the pineal gland, plays Iago to your psyche. As with heroin, the antidote to Film is more Film." - Frank Capra

I simply took a quick photo of the inside of my bedside lamp with my Motorola smartphone because it was clever and unique and the colors and textures fit in with this forum theme. I didn't think about it and did it on a spur of the moment so there's no symbolic overtone here or cryptic message of any sort. Looks like a good fit. The horizontal lines weren't there until after the picture was taken, I couldn't see them through the lens. It so happens that those lines also fit with the theme of the verticle lines in the background of the site, so it was visually a hole-in-one and I wasn't trying much.