The MoFo Beard Club

Tools    

Growing mine out a little because it's colder, but not too much. It gets scratchy pretty easily. That, and for whatever reason my beard has stayed darker than the hair on the top of my head, and the difference is more pronounced when the beard's longer. I found it all looks better together shorter.

Hair's pretty weird.

It's only itchy at first. When mine is full grown, it's very comfortable. There are times I'll go to my porch with scissors just to do a 2-second trim.

I never grew out my hair until a couple of years ago. I shaved it two years ago during the hot summer, and I was freezing with chills. Long hair/beard makes such a big difference in these freezing winters.

Yeah, I did grow it out over an entire winter (maybe 3+ months) a few years ago. The itch did get better (I also used this stuff on it that helped). But it was awful for a bit. And it really did/does look weird, with the color difference. My old man had the same thing, his hair on top was basically white and his beard was close to black.
Yeah it's strange...
Mine goes through 2 stages of itchiness.
So like, chop it back... and around the 19 day mark it's still fine, then at the 20 day mark it gets almost unbearably itchy.
Push through that, by day 25 it's fine.

Then completely out of nowhere, around day 40 it does it again, then goes away

Beard's thinking "I tried but he ain't cutting me, I give up"