Tarantino's Django Unchained

Tools    

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/0..._n_855961.html

In short, it will be released before Kill Bill, Vol 3, of which will be released in 2014, stars Christoph Waltz, and is a western whose lead character is a former slave who is in league with Waltz to save his wife from an evil plantation owner.

Well, that's two in a row that I've not had much interest in from Q. 3 of the last 4 (4 of 5 if you take Kill Bill as two films) and 5 of 6 with Kill Bill 3 the film after this. Looks like I may well be writing Tarantino off for the rest of the decade.

I'm not saying it will be the best movie ever. I'm just saying it might be.
#31 on SC's Top 100 Mofos list!!

Can't wait. Love QT. Tremendous director.

This is weird. After injecting spaghetti western into just about every other pulp genre imaginable, he's finally doing the real thing.

So it will either be the purest spaghetti western ever made or inversely injected with a ton of other influences.

Waltz leading though. That's awesome.

If you want to achieve greatness, stop asking for permission
Idris Elba (Stringer Bell to all you The Wire fans ) is rumored to have the lead. I hopes so.
If Idris Elba lands the lead role, I am SO there. I know QT says he wants Will Smith, but I'm having a hard time imagining the combination...

Stringer and the Fresh Prince. Sounds like two diametrically opposed styles there.

Why the hell would he want Will Smith?
I'm not sure, exactly - which is why it's so weird to imagine. The most recent news now is that QT wants Leo DiCaprio. They're all just rumors of course - I was just pointing out that Will Smith seems a strange choice.

*raises eyebrows*

Chappie doesn't like the real world
If Idris Elba lands the lead role, I am SO there. I know QT says he wants Will Smith, but I'm having a hard time imagining the combination...
From what I heard Smith would have scheduling conflicts and Elba wants the role. Not only was he great as Stringer Bell, but he is a pretty pretty man.

From what I heard Smith would have scheduling conflicts and Elba wants the role. Not only was he great as Stringer Bell, but he is a pretty pretty man.
Good point. Not only that, but I don't think QT could foot the bill for Smith. He averages $20 million per role!