The MoFo Fine Art thread...

Tools    

Certifiably troglodytic.
I've been impressed by De Goya's realist work and vision that borders sometimes on the insane. Given what he went through in life, it's not a wonder.

Colossus is compelling, if not apropos.

Smells mystical, doesn't it?
Since this thread is older than Jesus, I'm wondering if any of the current members here draw or paint?

I know it's a lot of people's favorites but I love this Starry Night more than any of Vincent Van Gogh's paintings. Has anyone seen the movie?

Since this thread is older than Jesus, I'm wondering if any of the current members here draw or paint?

I play a bit. I can do decent if I take my time but I haven't done it in forever. I just doodle a lot now. My mother is amazing at it though. Was at least lol.

I play a bit. I can do decent if I take my time but I haven't done it in forever. I just doodle a lot now. My mother is amazing at it though. Was at least lol.

Do you have any of your stuff or your mother's that you can post?

No unfortunately, it's all in storage. I'm going out there in the next couple of weeks when my grandfather get's back to town. I can see if I can find some from back when. Or I can probably even try and draw something again. I like drawing, I might mess it up though if I try and do it and post it.

And mother threw it all away. Whenever I ask her to draw something now she complains lol.

No unfortunately, it's all in storage. I'm going out there in the next couple of weeks when my grandfather get's back to town. I can see if I can find some from back when. Or I can probably even try and draw something again. I like drawing, I might mess it up though if I try and do it and post it.

And mother threw it all away. Whenever I ask her to draw something now she complains lol.

You really should start drawing again if you're somewhat capable and enjoy it. It would be a terrible thing to waste.

Hmmm, I wonder why.

I know, I was in art class and I drew constantly when I was younger. I like the artsy fartsy stuff. All I wanted to do when I was in Maui was go to all the art galleries lol.

My mom is a crazy B, that's why, lol. Really I don't know though, she just always said she wasn't any good at it. But she could do ink drawings which is probably hard because you can't erase ink. She even got into an art school. Never went though.

I know, I was in art class and I drew constantly when I was younger. I like the artsy fartsy stuff. All I wanted to do when I was in Maui was go to all the art galleries lol.

My mom is a crazy B, that's why, lol. Really I don't know though, she just always said she wasn't any good at it. But she could do ink drawings which is probably hard because you can't erase ink. She even got into an art school. Never went though.

I can kind of understand where she's coming from. I can spend hours on something then in a split second decide I don't like it and scrap it.

Sounds like she's better than me, though.. so maybe you're right about the crazy part.

I can kind of understand where she's coming from. I can spend hours on something then in a split second decide I don't like it and scrap it.

Sounds like she's better than me, though.. so maybe you're right about the crazy part.
Why don't you post any of yours? Or have you already?

I don't know really. I think it's because she had me. She claims I was more important and what she wanted than going to school. But I would have chose school. She's now a bagger and cart pusher at Safeway.

Why don't you post any of yours? Or have you already?

I don't know really. I think it's because she had me. She claims I was more important and what she wanted than going to school. But I would have chose school. She's now a bagger and cart pusher at Safeway.
Well, I'm sure you were to her, your perspective is a lot different.

All the crap I have on my PC is digital, which is why it looks kinda funky.

Oh no I know. I'm a lot more selfish than her because I see all the struggles she goes through. I understand why she did it. But at the same time I don't because she ended up giving me up later on. But I get why she did it when I was little.

I like them. Their dark and mysterious. The reason I say that is because when someone usually draws sunken in cheeks, it mean despair to me or without soul if you will. Or seeking. But the colors are beautiful. That's art that I could stare at for a while.

Oh no I know. I'm a lot more selfish than her because I see all the struggles she goes through. I understand why she did it. But at the same time I don't because she ended up giving me up later on. But I get why she did it when I was little.

I like them. Their dark and mysterious. The reason I say that is because when someone usually draws sunken in cheeks, it mean despair to me or without soul if you will. Or seeking. But the colors are beautiful. That's art that I could stare at for a while.
Don't you wish sometimes you could read people's minds?

Thank you so much, you've made my next couple hundred years
Maybe I'll post some more later if I get the courage.

Yeah I really do wish that almost every day haha! I don't know about you but I like to pretend I know what they're thinking! Lol.

Well your welcome, if you ever want to give me a private art show, be my guest. I like looking at art. It's calming and hypnotizing, you know?

Yeah I really do wish that almost every day haha! I don't know about you but I like to pretend I know what they're thinking! Lol.

Well your welcome, if you ever want to give me a private art show, be my guest. I like looking at art. It's calming and hypnotizing, you know?
Probably if you did suddenly gain the ability you'd want to give it up right away, lol.

Sure, maybe I'll send you the one I'm working on once it's finished. Yes, I love it.. I could look at art all day... it's kind of like looking into someone's mind, isn't it?

Haha You are very right. whenever I think of minds being read I think of the movie What Women Want with Mel Gibson. haha.

Yeah I think so too. I always thought it was like they were expressing what they felt inside about whatever they painted and took it outside for everyone to see. Art makes everything so much more beautiful because it's in another person's perspective and it makes you have a new view on something as simple as a cloud.

Yeah I think so too. I always thought it was like they were expressing what they felt inside about whatever they painted and took it outside for everyone to see. Art makes everything so much more beautiful because it's in another person's perspective and it makes you have a new view on something as simple as a cloud.
Mhm, I agree with that. I also like forming my own perspective of it, even if it meant something else for the artist, yanno?

I've found a lot of great art posted on Tumblr.

Yeah, I always liked to pretend I was there and saw them draw and why.

Do you like darker art? I like the last one a lot. I like how it makes me want to cry. :P

The first one excites me because I like anatomy. I'm in the medical field, or will be, in like a week! Yay! But I like how you see the inside and outside.

Does Tumblr have a lot of art regularly? I wouldn't mind looking online although my favorite way to observe is in art galleries. Do you have many in your city?

Yeah, I always liked to pretend I was there and saw them draw and why.

Do you like darker art? I like the last one a lot. I like how it makes me want to cry. :P

The first one excites me because I like anatomy. I'm in the medical field, or will be, in like a week! Yay! But I like how you see the inside and outside.

Does Tumblr have a lot of art regularly? I wouldn't mind looking online although my favorite way to observe is in art galleries. Do you have many in your city?
I'm into surrealistic, mostly.. I'm inclined towards darker stuff, I think, yeah.

That's awesome! \o/ anatomy is fun!

Good thing about tumblr is it has a lot of everything regularly it depends on what sort of blogs you choose to follow. I live in art-less wasteland, closest museum is probably 3 hours, haha. I envy you -.-

More art, rawr