Meta Horror/Comedy before it was cool...

Tools    

A system of cells interlinked
April Fool's Day

Sure, most of the actors are bad, but who cares? It's horror comedy from the 80s, after all! This film went all meta more than a decade before Scream hit the scene. Bask in the glory that is April Fool's Day!

Ah, I see this created an actual thread; I will change the title to be more descriptive. I just made a random comment on the film while I was tagging stuff I had seen.

Sure, all of the actors are bad, but who cares? It's horror comedy that's not funny or scary from the 80s! This film went all meta more than a decade before good horror comedies hit the scene. Bask in the atrocity that is April Fool's Day!
Edited accordingly.

Sorry, hope I'm not being too mean about it, just not a fan

That said I watched Slaughter High and immediately thought April Fool's Day was a masterpiece.

Edited accordingly.

Sorry, hope I'm not being too mean about it, just not a fan
It's all in good fun!

I actually watched this again over the weekend, and watched a cast Q & A from the 30 year anniversary celebration. It seems the film has become a cult classic; I am sure you are thrilled to be a part of history!

As for the actors, Debra Foreman was actually pretty good as Muffy, IMO.

April Fool's Day was a masterpiece.
This quote wasn't taken out of context at all. Nothing to see here, move along.

Glad to see you coming around! I wouldn't call it a masterpiece, but it's definitely fun, and probably a tad smarter than most of the slashers of the day.