Favorite Eastern European Movies?

Tools    

Please Quote/Tag Or I'll Miss Your Responses
Preferably 1930-70s. I haven't seen too many, but they are very personal. Very conversational, usually in a few settings. I can't explain why I love them so much.

I'll name some after - I don't want to load the sample, and I'm curious to see if anyone's matches mine.

# 194
The Pianist 2002

2h 30min | Biography | Drama | Music
Director: Roman Polanski
Stars: Adrien Brody, Thomas Kretschmann, Frank Finlay
Cold War 2018 ‘Zimna wojna’ Directed by Paweł Pawlikowski

Depends on which countries are defined as Eastern European, but I'd go:

Ida
Cold War
Three Colours Trilogy
Four Months, Three Weeks and 2 days
Lilyah-4-ever
Wings of Desire
Leviathan
Head On
Son of Saul
Come and See

Unregistered User

Highly recommend this for something a little different. Its UK/Czech made, about a woman and a married man having an affair, under the Communist sweltering Czech heat. Its a claustrophobic and melancholic little number. Fans of The Cremator, which is another good choice, will enjoy Rudolf Hrusinsky.

Ashes and Diamonds (Pol, 1958).

Sinbad (1971)
A tanú (1969)
A normal man? For me, a normal man is one who turns his head to see a beautiful woman's bottom. The point is not just to turn your head. There are five or six reasons. And he is glad to find people who are like him, his equals. That's why he likes crowded beaches, football, the bar downtown...

Sinbad (1971)
A tanú (1969)
I was just thinking of "A tanú" as something to watch. And I've always liked your taste in movie. I had Szinbad a while ago (probably for the poster - but don't know why I got rid of it. I'll check it out in the future. Thanks!

Di je Karlo?
H-8 is my favourite from that era, though I haven't seen that many. My favourites in general are Black Cat White Cat, No Man's Land, Vozvrachenye (a GOAT), and A Wonderful Night in Split.

Yesterday Girl (1966) -- I think its online, too... 8/10.

I've seen quite a few since I created this post, but didn't want to keep bumping it, but I've rated some on "Rate The Last Movie.."