Best with a lightsaber?

Tools    

This is a silly thread, as it has no element of reality to it. But still,

Who is best with a lightsaber?

my picks;

Yoda
- Yoda chases off Dooku and outfights Lord Sidious, causing the dark lord to resort to using his other powers. At no time does Sidious want to fight Yoda with a lightsaber.
"Not the size of your lightsaber matters, but how used by you." - Yaddle

Lord Sidious
- Cuts Jedi down like flies. Appears to be a near match for Yoda and a match for Master Windu.
"Power! Unlimited power!" - LS

Master Windu

- Master Windu may have been a better swordsman than Lord Sidious or possibly not. Lord Sidious may have simply played the victim when Anakin rushed in on the attack Windu was making upon Sidious, to seduce Anakin into betraying Windu.

Obi-Wan Kenobi
- Defeats Anakin Skywalker, having been his primary instructor with the lightsaber.
- Defeats Darth Maul as a Padawan, possibly drawing on his anger to help him survive the conflict. Throughout the fight, Maul appears to have much more trouble with Obi than with Qui-Gon (who Maul pretty much mauls) - but always tries to keep Obi away from him. Maul uses his force powers to throw Obi-Wan back rather than fighting it out with lightsabers.
- Holds his own with Darth Vader, then submits to Darth Vader’s death strike to allow himself to be translated into the Force so that he can counsel Luke from the field of the Force – which is a much more powerful way to influence Luke and help him avoid the dark side.
- In his first encounter with Lord Dooku, Obi is defeated in swordplay. This may have inspired him to study harder, as he is a much greater threat to Dooku in their second encounter. Dooku uses his Force powers to throw Obi across the room, instead of defeating him by the sword in this second encounter. Of course, Dooku had two Jedi on him in this encounter and that’s a tough scrap.

Obi-Wan uses the blue blade of the Jedi - being a more physical and outward skilled fighter. Qui-Gon used the green (inner Force using) blade. Although not a hot shot pilot, Obi was an enthusiast with the lightsabler. His skills, though extremely advanced, relied much on his training rather than intuition (intuition is reflected in green blade users).

"He has much to learn about the Living Force." Qui-Gon, speaking of Obi-Wan.

Darth Maul
- Sets a trap and separates Qui-Gon from Obi-Wan. Defeats two Jedi only to loose when his own pride allows him to let Obi-Wan destroy him.

Luke Skywalker (ROTJ)
- Using the dark side (his hate/feat/anger) Luke beats his father into submission. It should be noted that Anakin Skywalker may have been conflicted about killing his son, allowing Luke to get the edge on him. Luke never had much opportunity to battle others with a lightsaber. This may be why he uses a green saber in the final battle with his father – to show his inward reliance on the Force rather than mere swordplay skill.

Anakin Skywalker/Darth Vader
- Arguably the best with a lightsaber, but severely conflicted with his emotions and erratic in his fighting ability. He suffers defeats from his own arrogance and pride and jealousy. When he kills Count Dooku he crosses the blue and red blades.

Count Dooku
- A near match for Obi-Wan and Anakin Skywalker.

Qui-Gon Jinn
"Always remember, your focus determines your reality." Qui-Gon used the green blade of the intuitive fighter. We watch him meditate before his final conflict with Darth Maul. Maul defeats him by striking him in the face and breaking his focus.

All the blue blade/green blade jive is Star Wars groupie nonsense, but it seems to fit. I applied it (as I understand it) where I saw that it might actually fit with Lucas' films. The outward Guardian Blue and inward Counsil Green system does seem to have some relevance. Probably coincidence.

I found some interesting lighsaber battles on Youtube with really good FX. I was surprised at how well some of these people do. I think maybe its a manner of advertising their FX shop or something.
Some pretty lame stuff on Youtube too, so ….

I've been thinking of taking up Kendo as an exercise. I think I need to lose 50 pounds first, however. I'm too big a target and get winded too easy. My brother has been a martial artist for twenty years and is a Master - but never much cared for people hitting or grabbing me, so my stint in MA lasted about six months. Swords are different though. Especially is there is padding.

28 days...6 hours...42 minutes...12 seconds
^^^

And he does nothing with them.

My picks:

Yoda
Dark Maul
Lord Sidious

Suspect's Reviews

It's a toss up between Darth Maul and Yoda. Both did some seriously insane stuff, and Maul's double bladed saber was both fitting and awesome.

I like Maul's double saber two. A lightstaff - which can actually break into two sabers. Neat. Lucas rocks with his lightsaber idea.

General Grievous is a Jedi killer, but runs into Obi-Wan, who is a master swordsman. Still, Obi-Wan has to take him down with a blaster. I agree that Grievous was awesome with a saber.

I'm going to say Maul simply cause he's my favourite it's rather a personal thing If I had to pick someone to save a friends life I choose yoda just before he got too old and just at the hight of all his powers. Really it has to be a combination. Maul didn't have full strength in both the ability to use the force and the lightsabre. He was still an apprentice. And a cocky one at that. But boy was he cool.

I think that if you want an official ranking, Mace Windu is first, Darth Maul second.

/nerdiness

Dual Of The Fates

Kor-ah Mah-tah
Kor-ah Rah-tah-mah

Kor-ah Rah-tah-mah
Yood-hah Kor-ah

Kor-ah Syahd-ho
Rah-tah-mah Daan-yah

Kor-ah Kee-lah Daan-yah

Nyo-hah Kee-lah Kor-ah Rah-tah-mah -
Syahd-ho Kee-la Kor-ah Rah-tah-mah

Kor-ah Daa-nyah Kor-ah Rah-tah-mah