🌟 Star Trek, TOS 🌟

Tools    

That does defeat the theory, doesn't it?

And if it is a matter of enhanced hand / finger strength, then Data would also have that (although there never visually seems all that much pressure applied - perhaps it's micro-pressure that only a Vulcan can apply or which could be simulated by a super strong, hyper sensitive android).
I like what you're saying there also. I didn't post the Data video to totally upend your theory of the Vulcan Nerve Pinch. And what @SeeingisBelieving saying is cool, although it seems that your eye-rolling gif and following statement is directed at my Data post. I just threw the Data video out there to play devil's advocate, for conversation's sake. I like the Vulcan psychic link explanation much better. Whether the pinch is part of it or not, I don't know. Until Data did it, I totally thought only Vulcans could do the pinch. Who knows? The touching of fingers with Vulcans is definitely something of the mind, involving love and sex. With Sarek and Amanda doing it, it really seemed romantic and done with love. With Saavik and young teen Spock doing it during his pon farr, the Vulcan time of mating, it would certainly seem to be sexual with her helping him either calm his sexual urges/pain or, um, giving him release somehow with the touching of fingers. That was never really given an out-and-out explanation of what it did for young Spock.

And when Spock, in "The Enterprise Incident," does the finger-touching with the Romulan Commander, it certainly seems sexual, especially when Spock says, " Military secrets are the most fleeting of all. I hope that you and I... exchanged something more permanent." Hmm. It's truly fascinating as it seems there are different things being shared in different ways, i.e. via the mind by process of the finger-touching as opposed to physical sex. Spock and the Romulan Commander might have been exchanging their attraction to each other and caring thoughts to each other via the touching of fingers. I guess I'm trying to say in my clumsy way that although it certainly can be sexual, we know the Vulcans can have physical sex with other Vulcans, and also physical sex with humans, Romulans, etc. So, the finger touching, and I know I'm repeating myself here, is definitely of the mind but how far does it go? Does any Trek book delve into that?

A way to keep the theory that the Vulcan nerve pinch involves their telepathic powers, but that Data simulated it...

What Data did looked exactly like the Vulcan pinch, but was performed using a different method. Data is an android and has studied the Vulcan nerve pinch, but since he lacks Vulcan mind powers, he simply routed electric current through his fingers while aligning them along the same nerve system as in the Vulcan pattern. He essentially turned his fingertips into a set of mini phasers set on stun.

Under this theory, Data could incapacitate anyone with a touch (but probably avoids doing it as such a rerouting of electric current causes undue wear and tear on his system) and he could touch anywhere, but chose the Vulcan finger placement since Vulcans discovered this is the safest configuration of nerve pressure points that cause the least damage to the victim. Data, knowing all this instantly due to his positronic brain, chose the same finger placement to deliver his tactile stun!

A way to keep the theory that the Vulcan nerve pinch involves their telepathic powers, but that Data simulated it...

What Data did looked exactly like the Vulcan pinch, but was performed using a different method. Data is an android and has studied the Vulcan nerve pinch, but since he lacks Vulcan mind powers, he simply routed electric current through his fingers while aligning them along the same nerve system as in the Vulcan pattern. He essentially turned his fingertips into a set of mini phasers set on stun.

Under this theory, Data could incapacitate anyone with a touch (but probably avoids doing it as such a rerouting of electric current causes undue wear and tear on his system) and he could touch anywhere, but chose the Vulcan finger placement since Vulcans discovered this is the safest configuration of nerve pressure points that cause the least damage to the victim. Data, knowing all this instantly due to his positronic brain, chose the same finger placement to deliver his tactile stun!
^
^
^
I'm going with this theory here!

The true origin of the Vulcan nerve pinch:

A director (or someone) of TOS told Nimoy to enact incapacitating an adversary by knocking him out with a blow from the butt of his phaser.

Nimoy didn't feel this kind of brutality was in line with Spock's character; that the thuggery of hitting people in the head with blunt objects like some common hood was below everything Spock represented. So Nimoy suggested a different, less violent method of knocking people out - this was a nerve pinch.
And Nimoy explained that since Spock was an alien, no one knew what he could do or the full scope of his powers - at that point they could enable Spock to do almost anything - they could explain this technique or ability as part of his alien heritage.

Once the show's producers saw the nerve pinch in action, how versatile it would be in future stories, and how it gave Spock another unique ability that emphasized his Vulcan half, they loved it and would use it whenever a script needed.

You can't make a rainbow without a little rain.
Who said the following? No cheating.

"They say there's no devil, Jim. But there is. Right out of hell, I saw it."

If I remember correctly, it was Matt Decker talking about the planet killer in the episode "The Doomsday Machine".

Who said this, and in what episode?

"Tell Dr. McCoy, he should have wished me luck."
I love that scene, it's packed full of such strong pathos. That would be the giant single celled organism that Spock flies a shuttle into. But I can't remember the exact name of the show without googling and that would be cheating. I know the name I just can't remember that I know it

Ghouls, vampires, werewolves... let's party.
Who said this to whom and in what episode?

"What makes you think you're a man? You're an overgrown jackrabbit, an elf with a hyperactive thyroid."

Who said this to whom and in what episode?

"What makes you think you're a man? You're an overgrown jackrabbit, an elf with a hyperactive thyroid."
I don't remember those exact lines but that has got to be from This Side of Paradise where Kirk is trying to snap Spock out of the drug like effects of the plant spores they encounter on the planet.

Ghouls, vampires, werewolves... let's party.
I don't remember those exact lines but that has got to be from This Side of Paradise where Kirk is trying to snap Spock out of the drug like effects of the plant spores they encounter on the planet.
Correct!

"At the party, you were such a brash young man."

Who said that to who and in what episode?

Is it in Court Martial, where Kirk's ex girlfriend is the prosecutor?