Daniel Day Lewis Retires

Tools    

Bums me out a bit. He didn't do much anyway and pretty pumped his last film will be with PTA. I wouldn't call it the end of acting.

That sucks, especially since his filmography is so light, I'd see him in anything. We're definitely in for something extraordinary with Phantom Thread then.

Until he comes back when Nicholson inevitably gets his fourth statue for that Toni Erdmann remake. He won't have coming in second.

Sad to hear this but he was great in everything he did. Makes me even more excited for his new film with PTA.

Originally Posted by Iroquois
To be fair, you have to have a fairly high IQ to understand MovieForums.com.

I'm very much looking forward to seeing him in his next film with PTA. I don't really believe that this will be his last time in front of the lense, though. People "retire" and then make a comeback all the time.

Ghouls, vampires, werewolves... let's party.
According to a source, Lewis will return to acting when and if Sexy Celebrity returns to Movie Forums.
That would happen only if SC makes another Pretend You're [fill in the blank] thread.

hard to believe he's only been in 21 movies... one of which he was uncredited.

DDL is a legend though, and has consistently hit gold with every performance.
Happy retirement I say.

I wouldn't call it the end of acting.

With the remaining few being Christian Bale, Dustin Hoffman, and Bryan Cranston.
I'd say It's pretty close