Why Do You Post Here?

Tools    

"I smell sex and candy here" - Marcy Playground
Okay, i think there's a few members at all times that i always complain about because they don't post outside of Intermission Threads.
I don't think I've ever known you not to complain.

When I first got here, it was all SC, MV and Camo. It now feels like I post in the gaps left by SC, MV and Camo. There is no excitement in the air. Seems like the forum now belongs to other daily polluters. At this stage, I post out of habit and I look for Camo's next entertaining antics/temp. ban.

Master of My Domain
Not as active as I used to, but I post here because I genuinely love this community so much. Btw I agree with Yoda's recent decision, some of the discussions were really getting out of hand.

When I first got here, it was all SC, MV and Camo. It now feels like I post in the gaps left by SC, MV and Camo. There is no excitement in the air. Seems like the forum now belongs to other daily polluters. At this stage, I post out of habit and I look for Camo's next entertaining antics/temp. ban.
You've made it, kid.

Don't forget to convert your reps into MoFo credit for a snazzy hat.

May I see the hat?
No one just sees the hat. You do what all the other cool kids do and wear it, no questions asked. You came so close to losing all that hard earned credibility there.

Remember, you're too cool for school.

You can't win an argument just by being right!
You came so close to losing all that hard earned credibility there.
When did that happen? He's been trying to bully me off here for three months. Zero credibility from me. He even now hangs off my country's news feed including really ghastly morning tv to try to one up me in the other thread. Who on earth does that? I think he might belong to Rupert Murdoch.

Welcome to the human race...
i think people regularly ignore IRO and they shouldn't.

They shouldn't, IMO.
I guess they can't help it if I've stopped contributing as much actual movie-based content to this website as I used to, plus the flip-side is that now I'm getting too much attention from the wrong users for daring to get all political all of a sudden.

I like him. He'll probably now tell me to go drown myself and I'll say - well that's pretty easily done because it's raining here so I'll just step outside and swim with sharks. Back soon
what

When did that happen? He's been trying to bully me off here for three months. Zero credibility from me. He even now hangs off my country's news feed including really ghastly morning tv to try to one up me in the other thread. Who on earth does that? I think he might belong to Rupert Murdoch.
As usual, everything on MOFO is now about you and yours. I especially love the accusations, that I follow you everywhere on here. Honey, if that were the case, my post count would be much, much higher. The truth is, you are everywhere, and that's not a good thing.

I guess they can't help it if I've stopped contributing as much actual movie-based content to this website as I used to, plus the flip-side is that now I'm getting too much attention from the wrong users for daring to get all political all of a sudden.
I don't ignore your rating system and need attention posts. I still care.

First of all i can see this becoming controversial and that's not my intention (i'll explain my intentions below) so i'm going to repost Yoda's new guidelines and a link to the thread; please just try to be civil so this stays open i know i'm worse than most in this regard:

https://www.movieforums.com/communit...ad.php?t=49561

Okay, i think there's a few members at all times that i always complain about because they don't post outside of Intermission Threads. I think i'm too readily easy to dismiss them and pin some problems on them.

So @Wplains @Don Schneider why did you join a movie site to talk about political issues.

Or did you join it for another reason and end dragged into political issues or whatever?
I originally came here in the hope of finding the title of a movie I recalled and very much wanted to see again. That hope was fulfilled via the kindness of another poster and in record time! Not only did he have the name of the movie but actually linked to it online as well! So I’m grateful.

After that, I did make some more posts regarding movies. I thought and continue to think that this was one of the best forums I’ve encountered online both because of its splendid tech presentation as well as the evenhanded moderation of its owner. Since under the miscellaneous heading, I noted many political topics, I assumed there was no prohibition here about positing such subjects. If you think there should be, then I’d suggest you lobby the owner. I note that you singled out two of us, both with a conservative political perspective who have often dueled with leftists. Leftists love freedom of speech, as long as they are the ones doing the speaking. Perhaps you should consider matriculating at Berkeley UC. I’m sure you’ll find yourself right at home

I hope that answers your question, as least from me since you mentioned me. I’ll leave it to the other poster to speak for himself.

We've gone on holiday by mistake
Joined out of love for film.

I tend to not watch loads of movies these days and have drifted into reading and TV series. Hollywood is part of the problem too as there don't seem to be as many films these days worthy of discussion, it's all comic book movies these days. Sure when Star Wars drops, or Nolan s next big film, or game of thrones then the discussion will heat up but for now it's about heading into miscellaneous to see what's a cookin.

Like Iro said it's become a habit. On my daily route through the Internet. Also I love the countdowns.

We've gone on holiday by mistake
It should also be said that the forum is set up well, the new mentions, rep, post comments don't exist on a lot if other forums, and thus forum benefits from a smaller community.

i come to post here in my two review threads 'ashdoc's movie reviews' and 'ashdoc's bollywood movie reviews' . my bollywood thread gives a unique perspective to westerners into bollywood films , something that no other reviewer on this forum can do .

the other thread that i am active on is 'terrorist attacks' . i started it because captain steel was starting a new thread for each terror attack and would have soon flooded the 'intermission , miscellaneous chat' section with terror threads . so i decided to bunch all terror attacks in one thread .

MoFo is my surrogate family.
This. It's like having friends all over the world that you can have chats with when you have a bit of time during the day. I came here 12 2/5th years ago (according to the stats) after the BBC film boards closed down, and my fellow poster there Tacitus invited me here. I left for months once after I was having a tough time in my life, but I came back and everyone was so lovely and welcoming now I can't ever leave. I admire and respect Yoda and his mods for the intelligent way they balance the greater good of the site with the people within it.