Showdown Song Tournament: Battle of the Female Solo Artists

Tools    

for me too. It was: You Better Run. Funny you have an image from that video
That's a good one. I won't be using Hit Me With Your Best Shot...well I have some time to think of which 8 I'll use. BTW I seen Pat Benatar in a smaller venue in Seattle in 1980 or 1981, I can't remember the details...ha!

Women will be your undoing, Pépé
That's a good one. I won't be using Hit Me With Your Best Shot...well I have some time to think of which 8 I'll use. BTW I seen Pat Benatar in a smaller venue in Seattle in 1980 or 1981, I can't remember the details...ha!
at a small venue? During those years?

I hate you

Shania Twain

Man I Feel Like A Woman

That Dont Impress Me Much

Any Man Of Mine

Whos Bed Has Your Boots Been Under

No One Needs To Know

Gonna Getcha Good

The Women In Me

If Your Not In It For Love

wow .. I'm taken, good stuff
You have just cheered me up and justified her nomination no matter what happens so I thank you for that

My nom is Sarah Jarosz. I nominated one of her songs once, and have followed her since. Hope you like her, her songs might get lost amongst some of the big guns nominated but they're worth a second listen in all their pure gentleness

Sarah Jarosz - Build me up from Bones
Sarah Jarosz - Run Away
Sarah Jarosz - House of Mercy
Sarah Jarosz - Tell Me True
Sarah Jarosz - Take Me Back
Sarah Jarosz - Mile on the Moon
Sarah Jarosz - Little Song
Sarah Jarosz - Green Lights
I do like her songs and her too. In case she wins this tourney perhaps we can send her a link to the thread

I do like her songs and her too. In case she wins this tourney perhaps we can send her a link to the thread
Heh I bet she'd love that! It's strange but every time I start getting into someone's music, I look up their tours and they'll have been in my city in the last few months so I've missed them

Heh I bet she'd love that! It's strange but every time I start getting into someone's music, I look up their tours and they'll have been in my city in the last few months so I've missed them
Have you thought about maybe looking at the upcoming tours first and then basing some of your musical explorations around that .... please don't shoot the messenger, 'tis just a crazy off-the-wall type idea that I've given absolutely no thought to any potential pitfalls

@christine - I've had another thunk ..... I'm sure if you contacted the promoters of the gigs you missed and used your charms they'd still let you buy tickets to them

#noproblemtoosimple

Have you thought about maybe looking at the upcoming tours first and then basing some of your musical explorations around that .... please don't shoot the messenger, 'tis just a crazy off-the-wall type idea that I've given absolutely no thought to any potential pitfalls
I like this idea more than your other one. Trust you to come up with such a radical solution. I'll investigate

You can't make a rainbow without a little rain.
@Nestorio_Miklos, @mojofilter

These two links don't work.

The first one is just an HTML code problem, and this should be the corrected link:
Tracy Chapman - Fast Car

The second link has the message "This video contains content from NBC Universal, who has blocked it in your country on copyright grounds. Sorry about that.".

I noticed that the title on the YouTube page was "Tracy Chapman Mountain O' Things Saturday Night Live 11 88", so I tried to match to a similar live link. Is this link okay as an alternate link, or do you have a different alternate link?

Tracy Chapman - Mountain O' Things

NOMINATIONS are CLOSED!

BATTLE ONE will be up shortly!!!
“Let me tell you something you already know. The world ain't all sunshine and rainbows. It's a very mean and nasty place and I don't care how tough you are, it will beat you to your knees and keep you there permanently if you let it. You, me, or nobody is gonna hit as hard as life. But it ain't about how hard ya hit. It's about how hard you can get hit and keep moving forward. How much you can take and keep moving forward. That's how winning is done!” ~ Rocky Balboa

@Nestorio_Miklos, @mojofilter

These two links don't work.

The first one is just an HTML code problem, and this should be the corrected link:
Tracy Chapman - Fast Car

The second link has the message "This video contains content from NBC Universal, who has blocked it in your country on copyright grounds. Sorry about that.".

I noticed that the title on the YouTube page was "Tracy Chapman Mountain O' Things Saturday Night Live 11 88", so I tried to match to a similar live link. Is this link okay as an alternate link, or do you have a different alternate link?

Tracy Chapman - Mountain O' Things
Thank you very much gbg! You are very kind.