What's your unpopular movie opinion?

Tools    

Welcome to the human race...
Alright, enough of this. Another unpopular opinion - I think the Ghostbusters reboot is at least on par with the original.

Even as a Zack Snyder fan, I really don't understand why so many people love his remake of Dawn of the Dead. Especially if you compare it to the original, it's just flat out awful in my opinion.

Are any of these going to be positive?
In addition to the post I made about the Ghostbusters reboot on this very page, allow me to redirect you to this post I made...

Yeah, I'm the one that's whining in a thread where 90% of the replies are the same "_____ is overrated" nonsense that's been posted time and time again in any of the multiple other overrated threads that have been put up on this site over the years (and the exchanges are always the same, which I outlined by quoting the first three posts in the thread in succession). At least this particular is about unpopular opinions so you can broaden that to mean "positive" unpopular opinions and not just the usual talk about stuff being overrated. I could talk about how Batman and Robin is one of my favourite Batman movies or that Timothy Dalton is my favourite Bond or whatever else - would certainly be more interesting than "you know how everyone likes that one film? well I don't".
What post was I replying to? This one:

So don't reply to threads like this. I'm sure there are other avenues of threads in which you can engage in discussion without whining about it.
Any further questions?

I don't actually wear pants.
In addition to the post I made about the Ghostbusters reboot on this very page, allow me to redirect you to this post I made...

Any further questions?
Nah, we're good. I just wish more people would post more positive ones than they have.

Another of mine is that Suspicion is Hitchcock's best film.

I wish they would, too. This thread could be so much more than another overrated thread even if it does end up generating similar levels of disagreement (although I do theorise that Dirk120 started this thread just to have an excuse to disagree with people - just look at their posts in response to other people's unpopular opinions).

Also, does it still count as a positive opinion if, by promoting an unpopular film, you bring down a more popular film by association? That's sort of what happened with my Ghostbusters post.

Unpopular movie opinions. Hmmmm, let's see:

1. Burton's original Batman is a better movie than any of the Nolan trilogy except for The Dark Knight.

2. Do The Right Thing is one of the greatest movies ever. But maybe as a young black man originally from NY, it just resonates with me more.

3. The Prestige is Nolan's best film.

4. The Departed is mediocre.

5. Somebody else beat me to this - Gravity was visually impressive, but other than that, crappy and boring.

6. There Will Be Blood has a good argument for being of the 10 best films ever.

7. Jackie Brown is Tarantino's best film.

8. Reservoir Dogs is better than Pulp Fiction and True Romance is better than both.

9. The Usual Suspects had a great ending, but other than that, is overrated.

10. Godfather 1 was a masterpiece, but PT 2 is overrated.

I'm not old, you're just 12.
Daniel Day-Lewis is an overrated actor.
Star Trek V is the best one.
Blues Brothers 2000 is a good movie.
Blade Runner is so boring I can never watch it again.
Batman and Robin is secretly great.
Dunkirk was a better experiment than it was a movie.
La La Land deserved best Picture.
Pierce Brosnan was the best James Bond.

https://shawnsmovienight.blogspot.com/

I wish they would, too. This thread could be so much more than another overrated thread even if it does end up generating similar levels of disagreement (although I do theorise that Dirk120 started this thread just to have an excuse to disagree with people - just look at their posts in response to other people's unpopular opinions).

Also, does it still count as a positive opinion if, by promoting an unpopular film, you bring down a more popular film by association? That's sort of what happened with my Ghostbusters post.
You are such an easy going person.

The constant flow of a gazillion comic book movies a year in the last decade is alienating the non comic book movie fans.
Agreed

Daniel Day-Lewis is an overrated actor.
Noooooooo way

- The Master was/ is a practical joke by P.T. Anderson

- Timothy Dalton is the best James Bond

- 28 Days Later wasn't that great, 28 Weeks Later was better

- Ferris Bueller's Day Off, while an awesome movie, is missing a soul

- The Master was/ is a practical joke by P.T. Anderson

- Timothy Dalton is the best James Bond

- 28 Days Later wasn't that great, 28 Weeks Later was better

- Ferris Bueller's Day Off, while an awesome movie, is missing a soul
Dalton was indeed the best Bond.