Favorite Movies

Tools    

The Carry on films were scatty, a little rude but always enjoyable. Your fave one was Carry on Camping what is your second fave one? Also who is your most pop character.
Second fave is Carry On Doctor, and i luv Syd James, so smutty but all in good fun.

It's an American movie about a stock broker, Jon Cryer, who gets mixed up in a dodgy deal and goes on the run as 2 hit men are after him, he ends up shaving off his beard, dying his hair blonde and hiding out in a school posing as a student.

I should have known that one. That was my fave actually. Jim Dale was much under rated. He should have made more of them than he did. Carry On Again Doctor was rather disappointing. I like Hattie Jacques and Syd of course. Terry Scott too. You know Syd James and Kenneth Williams had a running battle for much of the series over Williams perceived homosexuality. Syd also chased Barbara Windsor everywhere like a lost dog until she agreed to sleep with him.

It's an American movie about a stock broker, Jon Cryer, who gets mixed up in a dodgy deal and goes on the run as 2 hit men are after him, he ends up shaving off his beard, dying his hair blonde and hiding out in a school posing as a student.
Not sure I would like that.

I should have known that one. That was my fave actually. Jim Dale was much under rated. He should have made more of them than he did. Carry On Again Doctor was rather disappointing. I like Hattie Jacques and Syd of course. Terry Scott too. You know Syd James and Williams had a running battle for much of the series over Kenneth Williams perceived homosexuality. Syd also chased Barbara Windsor everywhere like a lost dog until she agreed to sleep with him.
I did read syd's autobiography and he says that he had a caravan on site while filming,he and Barbara would go there and sleep together.

I should have known that one. That was my fave actually. Jim Dale was much under rated. He should have made more of them than he did. Carry On Again Doctor was rather disappointing. I like Hattie Jacques and Syd of course. Terry Scott too. You know Syd James and Williams had a running battle for much of the series over Kenneth Williams perceived homosexuality. Syd also chased Barbara Windsor everywhere like a lost dog until she agreed to sleep with him.
I did read syd's autobiography and he says that he had a caravan on site while filming,he and Barbara would go there and sleep together.
Jim Dale did all his own stunts, he even did the one where he's on a trolley flying down the stairs😆

I did not read his bio. Would have made good reading I should imagine. That Dale stunt was one of the funniest scenes in the entire series. What was the skinny bloke with glasses name? He was always so soused to the gills that filming was often held up while they tried to sober him.

I did not read his bio. Would have made good reading I should imagine. What was the skinny bloke with glasses. He was always so soused to the gills that filming was often held up while they tried to sober him.
Charles Hawtrey, i think i may have spelt surname wrong but yeah he was always soused, they eventually stopped casting him cos of his problem.

Charles Hawtrey, i think i may have spelt surname wrong but yeah he was always soused, they eventually stopped casting him cos of his problem.
I am only telling you what you already know. The thing is we both love the Carry ons. Our things in common are adding up. Dora Bryan is a good comic actress. There was one film I saw her in where she played a Danish/Swedish maid. Hilarious she was. Alistair Sim is one of my all time top Brit actors. Such a wide range he had from farcical comedy to a serious court judge. I still rate his Ebenezor Scrooge the best of all time.

I am only telling you what you already know. The thing is we both love the Carry ons. Our things in common is adding up. Dora Bryan is so funny. There was one film I saw her in where she played a Danish/Swedish maid. Hilarious she was. Alistair Sim is one of my all time Brit actors. Such a wide range he had from farcical comedy to a serious court judge. I still rate his Ebenezor Scrooge the best of all time.
Yeah scrooge was great! I luv watching that at Christmas.

Charles Hawtrey. Always forgetting his name. He was there at the start and was a mainstay until his alcoholism took over. He was a raging poof and unlike Williams did not hide the fact.

Charles Hawtrey. Always forgetting his name. He was in the very first film and was a mainstay until his alcoholismtook over. He was a raging poof and unlike Williams did not hide the fact.
Charles had a fire at his home in London, he ran into the street wrapped in a towel, followed by his boyfriend. Saw the newspapers pics on google quite recently.

That was at the end.. nothing before? Mine are the two murder scnes.. first Janet Leigh in the shower and Martin Balsam on the stairs. That screeching music that accompanies the murders is chilling. I liked your scene also the very end scene where he looks up and says' he is so harmless he would not even hurt a fly" or words similar.

In no particular order: (these are all films, I personally would give a perfect rating)
The White Ribbon
Casablanca
The Hunt
In Bruges
Synecdoche New York
Memento
12 Angry Men
Black Swan
Being John Malkovich
Anomalisa
Mommy
28 Days Later
Donnie Darko
The Shining
2001: A Space Odyssey
Requiem For A Dream
A Clockwork Orange
Perfect rating? I watched 20 minutes of In Bruges and turned it off...Black Swan, despite a great Natalie Portman performance, has some screenplay inconsistencies that made it hard for me to buy everything that went on there...I don't understand Donnie Darko and 2001 bore the crap out of me.

movies can be okay...
Yes.
I watched 20 minutes of In Bruges and turned it off...
Okay...could you give a reason why ?
Black Swan, despite a great Natalie Portman performance, has some screenplay inconsistencies that made it hard for me to buy everything that went on there...
Could you elaborate on these inconsistencies ?
I don't understand Donnie Darko
Well, I happen to understand it and I find it pretty awesome.
and 2001 bore the crap out of me.
That doesn't make it a bad film.
"A film has to be a dialogue, not a monologue — a dialogue to provoke in the viewer his own thoughts, his own feelings. And if a film is a dialogue, then it’s a good film; if it’s not a dialogue, it’s a bad film."
- Michael "Gloomy Old Fart" Haneke

anything but Zombies & vampires
My top10 in no particular order
Das Boot
Star Wars a new hope
Apocalypse Now
The Magnificent 7
The Blues Brothers
LOTR, Return of the King.
Mad Max 1
Mad Max fury road
Flying High (Aeroplane in US)
Jaws
I find it hard to go past Das Boot as the best movie i have ever seen, the sheer raw drama, the FX are top quality.

Some goodn's there Mick. Jaws of course. The original Mad Max..an Aussie classic. Flying High was a hoot. Das Boot is one of the best of the submarine war movies I have seen. It has a greath depth (forgive the pun) to it. Magnificent 7 was good and Apocolypse Now as vilolent, raw and realistic as war itself. You have not commented on mine Mick.