Film Noir HoF - Part 2

Tools    

Robinson is one of my favorite actors, hands down. Dan Duryea is a big reason why I nominated the movie. He's a really interesting, oily-sniveling bad guy, he's a great character actor.

Robinson is one of my favorite actors, hands down. Dan Duryea is a big reason why I nominated the movie. He's a really interesting, oily-sniveling bad guy, he's a great character actor.
I have only seen Robinson in three or four things but loved him in them all. His role in Double Indemnity is one of my favorite ever.

He was real good in Double Indemnity, I love that film. I think you'll like him in Scarlett Street, he does a different character than he usually plays, and he plays it well.

You can't make a rainbow without a little rain.
When is the deadline for nominations? I won't know until either late Tuesday or Wednesday if I will be able to join this HoF.

When is the deadline for nominations? I won't know until either late Tuesday or Wednesday if I will be able to join this HoF.
Happy to have you GBG! Tuesday or Wednesday is fine. I didn't make a firm deadline yet, usually in HoFs there's a week to get movie nominations in...so if someone wants to join in say the next week, that's cool...

Save the Texas Prairie Chicken
I have a couple of these movies but on videotape - WHY did my VCR have to break?!?! The library has the DVD's of all of them. I think half of the movies I will be able to pick up and the other half I have to request. I have seen the majority of them, but the majority of that lot I have not seen in a LONG time. So it will be good to refresh my memory.

I have a couple of these movies but on videotape - WHY did my VCR have to break?!?! The library has the DVD's of all of them. I think half of the movies I will be able to pick up and the other half I have to request. I have seen the majority of them, but the majority of that lot I have not seen in a LONG time. So it will be good to refresh my memory.
Yeah VCRs are still a handy thing to have. I had one for years then it broke so I had to buy a used one off ebay as I couldn't find one in a local store. I don't use it much but there's times when it does come in handy.

I've never really thought of A Face in the Crowd as noir, but I'm happy to see it nominated nonetheless. Maybe this HOF will give it enough of a boost to make the 50's countdown.

I've never really thought of A Face in the Crowd as noir, but I'm happy to see it nominated nonetheless. Maybe this HOF will give it enough of a boost to make the 50's countdown.
I didn't think of it that way either, and I actually looked it up. Wiki and IMDb don't list it as noir, but there's other sites that do associate it as such.

Me too, I have it on one of the Bogart collection DVDs, but I've only seen it once and like 10 years ago. I thought it was an intelligent film. It has lots! of twist and turns....so I think a second watch might help me figure it out more. And of course Bogie and Bacall together is legendary.

Me too, I have it on one of the Bogart collection DVDs, but I've only seen it once and like 10 years ago. I thought it was an intelligent film. It has lots! of twist and turns....so I think a second watch might help me figure it out more. And of course Bogie and Bacall together is legendary.
Yeah, I just saw it a couple years ago and liked it quite a bit. It is plot heavy though, with a capital P. I couldn't tell you a thing about it. Think I will order the Blu-ray.