I need some damn good 2015 movie recommendations!

Tools    

I want to know how it's end.

WARNING: "Ending" spoilers below
If this is a movie where one of them dies I don't want to watch it. Is that what happens?

You can't make a rainbow without a little rain.
I want to know how it's end.

WARNING: "Ending" spoilers below
If this is a movie where one of them dies I don't want to watch it. Is that what happens?

WARNING: "SPOILERS ABOUT THE ENDING OF "45 YEARS"!!!!" spoilers below
No, I don't remember anyone dying at the end. It's about whether or not the couple stays together, not about whether or not they live.

You can't make a rainbow without a little rain.
I haven't seen anything else from 2015 that I think you would like, but like I said, I haven't seen many movies from 2015.

I liked Tomorrowland, but most people didn't so I'm not sure that I would recommend it to you, and you don't usually care about the blockbusters like the recent Star Wars movie, and I doubt you would like Minions.

That's pretty much it for me for 2015 movies.

Based on your preferred criteria, I'd give these a shot:

The Sky Trembles and The Earth is Afraid (meditative though, might not be your cup of tea)
Arabian Nights (Gomes)
The Assassin
Mountain's May Depart
Embrace the Serpent
Kumiko, the Treasure Hunter
Knight of Cups (experimental & existential Malick flick, but quite interesting)

Bright light. Bright light. Uh oh.
I don't think any of them are CR's cuppa, but Kumiko, the Treasure Hunter might engage him. Embrace of the Serpent and The Wave are coming to me from Netflix tomorrow, so I can chime in on those after I watch them.

I don't think any of them are CR's cuppa, but Kumiko, the Treasure Hunter might engage him. Embrace of the Serpent and The Wave are coming to me from Netflix tomorrow, so I can chime in on those after I watch them.
I see. I was going by the OP's liking of period and historical-based pieces, but I can certainly see how the films on my list wouldn't fit the bill in contrast w/ his favorite films of 2015. Knight of Cups and Kumiko are IMO the most accessible of the bunch b/c of their quirkily charmful sensibility and use of western-cultural cinematic tropes... so those may be the safer bets.

Kumiko, the Treasure Hunter...I read about it and like Mark thought, it did pique my interest. Only one problem Netflix DVD service doesn't have it and neither did my library. So hopefully I can find it online to watch.

Please hold your applause till after the me.
I would highly recommend both When Maenie was there and Room (if you make a wisaeau joke so help me god)
But if you want a b great popcorn action film watch Mission Impossible 5.

I just realized that 2015 was a very bad movie year

Bridge of Spies was very good. It felt like a good classic while I watched it.
Ant-Man was not very good but enjoyable.

I have Bridge of Spies to watch tonight, thanks guys for recommending the movies and I will review the ones.

So any other 2015 movies that aren't listed on my 1st post? I like Indie films too.