Are you a Narcissist?

Tools    

I shouldn't have said the answer. I'd like to know what everyone else would have said to it.

Are you a psychologist Ashdoc?....
Originally Posted by ashdoc
that is what psychopathy is all about . the girl is wiling to kill her own sister for a remote chance of seeing the guy again .
Your story doesn't say that was her motive. The killing of her sister might be unrelated. This is why Orson is my avatar.

It's called a relational psychological test, I think. It's the kind of test where you hear a story and you're supposed to fill in the blanks for what happens. The things you fill in the blank.... say stuff about you. You are bringing out unconscious aspects of your personality through the additions you add to the story. Like, if you say the girl killed her sister to get a large sum of money, the money aspect you colored in says something about your psychological makeup, your mind's unconscious roots. With GBG, she mentioned a father. A psychiatrist (or psychologist) would think that might mean GBG has some kind of issue involving fathers, maybe her own dad. 'Cause there's really nothing in the story that talks about a dad. It's just where her mind went when she went searching for answers.

"Um... miss, just one more thing, and I don't mean to bother you, but this should only take a minute... I just thought about this as I was leaving, and one thing I don't understand about the day you said you went to your sister's funeral..."

It's called a relational psychological test, I think. It's the kind of test where you hear a story and you're supposed to fill in the blanks for what happens. The things you fill in the blank.... say stuff about you. You are bringing out unconscious aspects of your personality through the additions you add to the story. Like, if you say the girl killed her sister to get a large sum of money, the money aspect you colored in says something about your psychological makeup, your mind's unconscious roots. With GBG, she mentioned a father. A psychiatrist (or psychologist) would think that might mean GBG has some kind of issue involving fathers, maybe her own dad. 'Cause there's really nothing in the story that talks about a dad. It's just where her mind went when she went searching for answers.
Mm, maybe, but its also like a riddle where you are trying to deduce a real substantial reason why she klilled her, with the scarce information given. A Dad scenario does seem more likely cause "just to see him again" like love at first sight, well storybook romances dont bend that direction

Everybody take this test:

1. You are walking in a beautiful woodland area, as the sun shines through the trees and a gentle breeze flows over your whole body. It’s a beautiful day. You are walking with someone:

Who are you walking with?

2. As you walk through the woods, up ahead you see an animal in front of you:

What kind of animal is it?

3. What happens with you and the animal, and what interaction takes place between you and the animal?

4. As you walk deeper into the woods, you come to a clearing, and in the middle of the clearing is a your perfect house.

Describe it’s size.

5. As you walk closer to the house and see more of it, is it surrounded by a fence?

6. You tentatively walk to the front door of this house and enter as the door is is slightly ajar. As you walk in you walk through to the dining area and see a table.

Describe what you see on and around the table.

7. As you finish looking around you exit the house via the back door into the garden area, which has a large area of grass. In the centre of garden, in the grass, you see a cup.

What material is the cup made of (ceramic, glass, porcelain etc)?

8. What do you do with the cup?

9. As you walk to the bottom of the garden you find yourself standing at the edge of a body of water.

What type of body of water is it (river, lake, pond etc)?

10. As you think about how to get back home you have to cross the water.

How do you plan on doing this?

Mm, maybe, but its also like a riddle where you are trying to deduce a real substantial reason why she killed her, with the scarce information given. A Dad scenario does seem more likely cause "just to see him again" like love at first sight, well storybook romances dont bend that direction
But it's not a riddle.

It was NOT designed as a riddle.

It's a relational psychology test. It's a situation without many details meant to make you come up with your own answer to what is happening. You fill in the blanks. It is not a riddle. There is no trick involved.

I think ashdoc already explained that the test is to see who would go look up the "answer." That's the test.
Obviously, for a real case there are not nearly enough details to come up with an answer or even a hypothesis (as CR said).

Wanna Date? Got Any Money?
Another possibility is that the guy is the sister's boyfriend, husband, etc., and she killed her sister to get her out of the way. But either way, there has to be some reason why she's so sure that the guy would come to her sister's funeral. He can't just be some random guy.
Mhhm

It could have been the mothers hair dresser, one of her friends sons, maybe the mother was a teacher and the boy was an ex-student, maybe at some point in time they had worked together, maybe they were having an affair, maybe he was her yoga instructor, or the guy who does her yard work, maybe her favourite server from her favourite restaurant. etc.

Any one of these relationships(and a number of others) that the mother could have had, would not have involved the knowledge of the daughters and therefore would not guarantee the "man of her dreams" even showing up at the sisters funeral, as he might not even be acquainted with the rest of the family.

The variables of the mothers age, her physicality, her working routine, her interests and her day to day private life are not provided and so all we can really do is speculate what might be an accurate answer to this question, but the variables themselves make it almost impossible to answer this question accurately or even truthfully.

GBG has the most logical answer to this, the man would have to be known by the majority of the family at least to ensure that he was invited to both funerals, and at this point it can be assumed that the woman in question is acquainted with the man on some level. And no I wouldn't call her psychopathic so much as desperate and sloppy.

I think ashdoc already explained that the test is to see who would go look up the "answer." That's the test.
Nope, that wasn't the real test. You can ask that question to people out in the woods, away from phones/computers (where they couldn't look up the answer). You can ask it in an interrogation room, where a person couldn't have the chance to look it up.

It's really about trying to see if someone thinks like an actual psychopath.

GBG has the most logical answer to this, the man would have to be known by the majority of the family at least to ensure that he was invited to both funerals, and at this point it can be assumed that the woman in question is acquainted with the man on some level. And no I wouldn't call her psychopathic so much as desperate and sloppy.

It's NOT about trying to figure out any "correct" answer. It's NOT a riddle. It's about filling in the blanks.

If you come up with an answer that sounds like something psychopaths would come up with, you might be a psychopath.

1. You are walking in a beautiful woodland area, as the sun shines through the trees and a gentle breeze flows over your whole body. It’s a beautiful day. You are walking with someone:

3. What happens with you and the animal, and what interaction takes place between you and the animal?

4. As you walk deeper into the woods, you come to a clearing, and in the middle of the clearing is a your perfect house.

Describe it’s size.

5. As you walk closer to the house and see more of it, is it surrounded by a fence?

6. You tentatively walk to the front door of this house and enter as the door is is slightly ajar. As you walk in you walk through to the dining area and see a table.

7. As you finish looking around you exit the house via the back door into the garden area, which has a large area of grass. In the centre of garden, in the grass, you see a cup.

9. As you walk to the bottom of the garden you find yourself standing at the edge of a body of water.

I'm just answering with the first thing that comes into my head...

1. Jesus
2. Fox
3. Bestiality
4. Small shack
5. No way!
6. 4 chairs
7. Wood (goblet)
8. Pee in it
9. Bigger than a pond, smaller than a lake
10. Walk across it while holding Jesus' hand!

You can't make a rainbow without a little rain.

Hubby

A rabbit

We watch it for a few minutes, trying not to disturb it, but when it sees us, it runs away.

Describe it’s size.
One level, medium size.

No

I wouldn't enter because it's not my house, but if I looked through the window and saw the dining area, it would have four chairs around the table, but nothing on the table except maybe a napkin holder with some napkins in it.

I'm having trouble with this one because there shouldn't be a cup in the middle of the garden. If it's ceramic, it's broken, but if it's not ceramic, it's litter.

If there's a garbage can in the garden, I'd throw it out.

I have no idea. They all look the same to me.

How did I get there?

I'll wait for a couple more people to answer the questions before I reveal what these things mean.

Describe it’s size.

1. Girlfriend
2. Deer
3. Deer runs away
4. Cabin size/small cottage
5. No fence
6. Silverware and plates
7. porceline I guess...
8. I do nothing with the cup, its on the ground and dirty
9. pond
10. Boat

Describe it’s size.

I have an idea! answer the questions for me, seriously, anyone who thinks they know me, take a guess at what I would say. It will be more fun that way........To make it even more fun I have answered the questions and saved them on my computer and I will post them and compare to your guys answers

Okay, here are the answers.

And NOTE -- I did not make up this test. You can find it all over the internet.

Answers to the Test:

1. The person who you are walking with is the most important person in your life.

2. The size of the animal is representative of your perception of the size of your problems.

3. The severity of the interaction you have with the animal is representative of how you deal with your problems (passive, aggressive).

4. The size of your dream home is representative of the size of your ambition to resolve your problems.

5. No fence is indicative of an open personality. People are welcome at all times. The presence of a fence is more indicative of a closed personality. You’d prefer people to not drop by unannounced.

6. If your answer did not include food, people, or flowers then you are generally unhappy.

7. The durability of the material with which the cup is made is representative of the perceived durability of your relationship with the person from number 1. For example, styrofoam, plastic, and paper are all disposable and you don’t really value the person long term. Glass, and ceramic are a little more precious and means you have a strong but fragile relationship; metal, wood, and plastic indicate a strong, long lasting relationship.

8. What you do with the cup is representative of your attitude toward the person in number 1.

9. The size of the body of water is representative of the size of your sexual desire.

10. How wet you get in crossing the water is indicative of the relative importance of your sex life.