Films You Like To Hate!

Tools    

james bond the new one looksgood
star wars i only liked The Empire Strikes Back
the martix don't see what the big deal is
lord of the rings don't see what the big deal is

Honourable mention must go to Ghostbusters.
You dare speak ill of Ghostbusters! Heathen!

Welcome to the human race...
Eh, I think it's more that I find it highly overrated rather than genuinely hate it.

the potter books/movies BEGIN a bit kiddish but they matured with their audience fool

A system of cells interlinked
the potter books/movies BEGIN a bit kiddish but they matured with their audience fool
First off, you didn't quote the message you are replying to, which makes it difficult to ascertain which person you are addressing. One would need to comb back through the messages to see who posted about Harry Potter in the first place, something most people won't bother with. All it takes is one click on the QUOTE button (a hassle, I know)

Next, many of your posts are pugnacious and hostile, some of which constitute personal attacks on other members. These actions violate the forum TOS.

Consider this your last warning to stop the combative name calling, for which I see no reason.

wow - you didnt like Forrest Gump? Why? It was a great movie!

wow - you didnt like Forrest Gump? Why? It was a great movie!
yeah how could you not like it!
Forest Gump is an awsome movie, its like a box a of chocolates!!!!!!!!!!

is thouroughly embarrassed of this old username.
Lord of the Rings
Star Wars (minus Episode V)
The Matrix
Harry Potter
Nolan's Batman films
Apocalypse Now (I don't hate it, it was just a big let down considering the length)
Superbad
I'm sure there's plenty more

I just think...that too many people give these films such a 'classic' rating and it's totally unknown if they'll stand the test of time. Do you really think we'll talk about Harry Potter in ten years time? Does this even matter? No.

Therefore.

I hate Harry Potter.
I thought the Harry Potter films (I haven't read any of the books) are more imaginative and interesting than the three "prequel" Star Wars films plus the middle one from the original three Star Wars series, more interesting and imaginative than any of the Star Trek films, and ditto for all of the films based on super hero comic books. I generally prefer Potter to the Hollywood versions of most of Stephen King's books. Still, its OK by me if you hate Harry Potter, since you likely like some of those I just dismissed. Without differences of opinion, there would never be a horse race.

I do agree most of the films in recent years certainly will never qualify as classics, including some like Star Wars, Star Trek, E.T., that have been around more than 10 years. Oh, they're still popular now because a lot of people remember seeing them as kids or even older. But how many people are alive today who ever saw silent movies in the theaters of the economically advanced countries, and yet Chaplin, Lloyd, Keaton, and Laurel and Hardy's work is generally recognized as classic.

Anything with Angelina Jolie. Talk about over acting and no talent.

Anything with Angelina Jolie. Talk about over acting and no talent.
hey - Hacker, Girl, Interrupted and The Bone Collector were good movies. I liked her so much more when she was younger and....I wanna say less twisted but even Billy Bob Thornton can attest that that's just not true!

hey - Hacker, Girl, Interrupted and The Bone Collector were good movies. I liked her so much more when she was younger and....I wanna say less twisted but even Billy Bob Thornton can attest that that's just not true!
I forgot about Girl, Interrupted and The Bone Collector. Both movies were great. I think you mean you liked her more when she wasn't so full of herself and media hungry, which was in her younger days. Now whenever I see her in a film it's like watching HER in a film, not the character she's playing and unfortunately she really bothers me, hence ruining the film for me. If I watched Girl Interrupted now, I probably wouldn't have the same reaction when I first saw it something years ago.

Y2C
Dark Man

Shoot Em Up

The Cold Equations. A fine short episode of Twilight Zone but ruined when it was dragged out into an overlong film.

Solaris. It would have been OK as a 25 minute episode of an SF series but was incredibly dragged and dragged out to over 3 hours.

Lord of the Rings
Star Wars (minus Episode V)
The Matrix
Harry Potter
Nolan's Batman films
Apocalypse Now (I don't hate it, it was just a big let down considering the length)
Superbad
I'm sure there's plenty more
What didn't you like about these movies?

I'm hate the X Men series.

Three movies that most people like/love but I hate are:

1. Liar, Liar
2. The Phantom Menace
3. Independence Day

On the other hand, three movies that I like a lot but most people hate:

1. Dick
2. Robin Hood: Men in Tights
3. Goldmember
I like all 5, havent seen dick yet

-Inception (so overrated, except for the last 5 minutes, which is the twist, this movie is so unoriginal, I have seen before so many times)
-AVATAR (James Cameron a genius for T2 and True Lies, etc comes with this nonsense of out of the old box unoriginal story of a messiah with hidden global warming and war messages that isn't even 3D)
Lord of the rings ALL 3 (So overrated!!!!! Willow is better)
-hmm I don't hate this one really: Citizen Kane, but people need to start appreciating it for is cinematic advances rather than considering it the best movie of all times, that is absurd. Citizen Kane is better than gone with the wind, Lawrence of arabia or the matrix or Secrets & Lies or Baby Boy or Batman(89) ? please!
Let' s not even mention Braveheart and Godfather lol