the toughest guy

Tools    

of course ...lee from China

bokscutta
yeah, thats brad pitt...and yes chuck norris is wayyy better than seagal....he isnt fat or a part time cop in Louisiana.

Blondie (The Good, The Bad, And The Ugly)

Marv (Sin City)

John McClane (Die Hard Series)

i think the

"Lee Bruce' is the strongest person till now.

Ahnold!!!!!!

Marv in Sin City, Porter in Payback for characters
Mickey Rourke, Bruce Lee, Jet Li, Jackie Chan for actors because they really fight

Bruce Lee. hands down.... in my eyes, he invented the fighting / action genre.

i would have to say that it would either be vinnie jones or the "ROCK"

brad pitt in fight club and snatch

Initially I thought Tony Montana...but after seeing the WRESTLER I am really thinking anything Mickey Rourke has ever done probably hits the high notes. He was tough in DOmino, Man on Fire and even in THE RAINMAKER. He is just one tough guy. He trumps pretty much everyone in THE WRESTLER though.

Harrison Ford in most of his movie roles. Indy and Han Solo define tough

ok friends, i need you to tell me so i can settle a debate. who is the toughest action movie hero of all time?
Well, are we talking movie characters or the actors who play them? Are we talking about someone capable of physical exertion or someone playing a "tough" character that is a product of the script writer? And what's your definition of a "action movie"? Is it limited to those films full of special effects or are we looking at a broader genre?

If you're talking about real-life rough and tough people who have appeared on screen, I'd say actor-stuntman Yakima Canutt and several real prize fighters who appeared or starred in films from Max Baer to Joe Louis to Mohammed Ali would be near the top of the list. Then there were baseball stars like The Babe, Joe DiMaggio, Ted Williams, and others who popped up in pictures. Andre the Giant was typecast as a tough brawler in The Princess Bride.

The very muscular, strong, and tough (enough to dislocate joints at will) Harry Houdini starred in several silent films.

There are a few movie stars who were tough enough to do many of their most demanding stunts. Cowboy star Tom Mix was a real cowboy with a tough reputation (whether deserved or not is debatable) who was tough enough physically to do many of his on-screen stunts such as fancy riding, climbing hand-over-hand on ropes that dangled fatal feet above ground, etc. Old-time cowboy star Bronco Billy Anderson also did some amazing things on screen. Douglas Fairbanks was extremely fit and did a lot of the on-screen stunts in his movies. More recently, former circus acrobat Burt Lancaster did a lot of his own high-flying stunts in films like The Crimson Pirate and Trapeze. Few of today's "tough guys" could accomplish that running slide he did so easily in Elmer Gantry. Jack Palance also was a plenty tough ex-boxer—remember him doing the one-hand push-ups after getting his Oscar?

Future movie star Audie Murphy became the most decorated soldier in World War II, including the Medal of Honor, before he was 21. It doesn't come any tougher the the kill-or-be-killed reality of warfare, which also qualifies B-actor Wayne Morris as a tough guy navy ace with 5 credited kills during WWII in the Pacific.

Bugsy Siegel, who was a tough guy any way you want to cut it, made a screen test with his childhood buddy dancer-actor George Raft.

Anyone who knows anything about the physical demands of dancing has to appreciate the toughness of James Cagney, Gene Kelly, Donald O'Conner, Ann Miller, and even Marge and Gower Champion. The best of that bunch, for my money, were The Nicholas Brothers, Fayard and Harold.

But pound for pound the three toughest little guys who ever appeared on screen were Charlie Chaplin, Buster Keaton, and Harold Lloyd, all of who performed amazing physical feats on screen. Oh, yeah, and Lon Chaney who did with makeup what they do with computers today.

As for the toughest movie character, that would be Walter Houston as the old prospect, who out-hikes, out-works, out-shoots, out-reasons (and in one case out-lives) his younger partners in The Treasure of the Sierra Madre.

Duke Mantee, Rick Blaine, Philip Marlowe, Fred C. Dobbs, Capt. Queeg, Dixon Steele, Steve Morgan, Rick Leland, Charlie Alnutt, The Best, Bogie, God, Your Father, Your Best Friend, Your Mentor...

Greatest Tough Guy Scene of All-Time...

Awesome Movie!!!!

Capt. Queeq??? Great part, great performance, but the character's nerves were shattered, leaving him a frighten kid bullying others. Capt. Ahab, on the other hand--now there was one tough ship's captain, as was Wolf Larson.

I don't think any of today's action film heroes can match the pure guts and mental toughness of the Carton character from Charles Dickens' Tale of Two Cities (played by Ronald Coleman in the 1935 film) who willingly takes the place in prison of a French nobleman condemned to die on the guillotine. I always thought that the ride in an open cart through a yelling mob to the place of execution and then standing in line as person after person before you gets their heads chopped off before the laughing scoffing mob had to be the worst death possible.