When one scene makes you want to see the whole film?

Tools    

This has happened to me a few times now. There are films that I may have seen part, but not all, of and they may not have interested me. Then I'll catch one scene and it will completely change my attitude and make me eager to see the whole thing.

A recent example is The Remains of the Day:

WARNING: spoilers below
when the older Stevens is trying to extricate himself from the shadow of Lord Darlington's disgrace, as well as the scene when the Blackshirts visit the hall. That gave the film a different dimension for me, beyond the examination of service and the relationship between the main characters.

Another is Heat, which I'm currently watching all the way through for the first time:

the scene where McCauley meets Eady

and finally the opening of Star Trek (2009):

where Nero's ship arrives. Very dramatic and pushing Star Trek into another level cinematically.

Anyone else have a similar experience?

Ghouls, vampires, werewolves... let's party.
Anyone else have a similar experience?

Umm... Yes. The way one of the characters handles the sausage at 1 minute 34 seconds into this clip makes me want to watch Bad Moms.

There's a scene in the trailer for Dirty Rotten Scoundrels where Steve Martin and Michael Caine are walking near a pier and one of them pushes a little old lady off the pier into the water. That scene made me want to see the film; however, imagine my surprise when I saw the film and that scene was nowhere to be found.

There's a scene in the trailer for Dirty Rotten Scoundrels where Steve Martin and Michael Caine are walking near a pier and one of them pushes a little old lady off the pier into the water. That scene made me want to see the film; however, imagine my surprise when I saw the film that scene was nowhere to be found.
Weird – I was thinking "I don't remember that scene" .

You can't win an argument just by being right!
Umm... Yes. The way one of the characters handles the sausage at 1 minute 34 seconds into this clip makes me want to watch Bad Moms.

]

Save yourself, Mes. That total crapfest got a sequel and I cannot understand why.

“Hell will hold no surprises for you.”
First time I saw Raising Arizona, the movie was a few years old and I was just a kid. I saw the chase scene when Cage was running through the store and it cracked me up. Since then, I've seen it dozens of times.

This might just do nobody any good.
I had to see Braindead after this GIF.
Haha, yeah that looks interesting.

Similarly, I mentioned that I was sold on Carnival of Souls of off this gif:

I'll have to watch it.
Mila Kunis has face planted since Black "Swan. So disappointing.

I liked Kathryn Hahn better. She's the sausage lady.
LOL You're terrible. Just go and buy a salami.

I'm just not a fan of those kind of movies, like bridesmaids, sex and the city etc, so wont be checking out Bad Moms 2. Each to their own, so I hope you enjoy. If I want to see a potty mouth actress I'd rather watch Melissa McCarthy in that cop movie with sandra bullock. Now she really is a fish wife, but god she made me laugh, especially when she was talking about her boss' balls.

Alien: The Chestburster.

The Last of the Mohicans: The final showdown.

Heat: the shootout.

For a Few Dollars More: Mortimer collects the bounty.

Road to Perdition: "I'm glad it's you."

Ghouls, vampires, werewolves... let's party.
If I want to see a potty mouth actress I'd rather watch Melissa McCarthy in that cop movie with sandra bullock. Now she really is a fish wife, but god she made me laugh, especially when she was talking about her boss' balls.
I was disappointed whe I watched The Heat. Somehow I mistook Melissa McCarthy for Jenny McCarthy hoping to see some hot jiggling action. Where did they find that fat pig?

I was disappointed whe I watched The Heat. Somehow I mistook Melissa McCarthy for Jenny McCarthy hoping to see some hot jiggling action. Where did they find that fat pig?
I saw it on a plane and laughed so hard people were coming over to ask what I was watching. I dont think I had seen her in anything before.

Maybe I was delirious because I cant sleep on planes.

Alien: The Chestburster.
Do you know I hadn't seen anything of Alien at all before I watched it, although I knew what was going to happen. I actually saw Aliens first, so I was probably at least psychologically ready for the first one.

The Last of the Mohicans: The final showdown.
That was good.

Heat: the shootout.
That's great.

This might just do nobody any good.
Road to Perdition: "I'm glad it's you."
Wouldn't it suck if you saw that before the whole movie?

the intro sequence of top gun, and bad boys and most of the tony scott movies and the early jerry bruckheimer action movies, the rock etc, tony scott knows how to capture the style and attention with his scenery, camera positions, and time of day, RIP.