The MoFo Support Group

Tools    

I've had insomnia my entire adult life, and way before... This is different, it feels like a drunken earthquake, motion.. I'm still in disbelief, and I can't still can't sleep. I still can't believe she died the day my niece was born.
Try talking to her, Matt. Ask some questions. I talk to all my dead friends and there are a lot of them. Things become revealed... just not on the plane of our timeframes.

Sorry i couldn't help, i would need more to go on. Like you say wait a few days then contact her daughter. She will no doubt tell you what happened. And you'll always have your memories from when you lived together so try to focus on the positive aspects of your friendship.
Unfortunately we had a lot of things unsaid, things we never resolved, and in our own way, probably didn't forgive each other, and I'll always regret not making up... I even sent her an e-mail... this hasn't registered. I've also been feeling very dizzy, like an earthquake is happening, probably lack of sleep with this.. I didn't take my grandparents passing this bad... I thought I could cry for a few hours, think for another 5-6 hours, was hoping someone would call me, say a message -- nothing, well, you have, and I'm beyond grateful, just like the health stuff, no one else on Earth would spend the time unless it benefits them. I'm too intoxicated to type.
If you sent her an email then that shows you were ready to forgive and forget your differences, you made an effort so you have nothing to feel bad about. I reckon that we all accept one day our grandparents will no longer be with us, the same goes for our parents, it's the cycle of life, i lost my 2 nanna's within 8wks of each other when i was a teen, i never knew my grandads as they died when i was a child, i then lost my dad 10yrs ago and was devastated, and in October i lost my husband, again i was devastated,plus my little dog went to doggy heaven too, i still think about my husband and my dad and regret the fall outs we had but we don't go through life without the occasional fall out so you shouldn't feel bad Matt. I read your post again, my opinion of Pulmonary Critical Care is someone who has had some sort of chest/heart complaint whether it's chronic or sudden. If you do manage to find out anymore details i'll have a look at them for you.
Dizziness can be caused by lack of sleep, i get it too along with feeling light headed.

Unregistered User
That's so sad. Have doctors found any brain activity?

Not yet Danii. We're still waiting for them to do brain scans but he's been out since early Saturday morning so its not looking good. His dad rang me this morning and told me I could call to visit him tonight which will be tough but I really want to see him. We had started a film club and were showing a film once a month and he was so enthusiastic about it. Just so hard to believe this has all happened.

Unregistered User
@the samoan lawyer -- very sorry to hear about your friend, and hope he pulls through..

I just found out a friend of mine, a woman I lived with passed away..... on the same day my niece was born.... We had a falling out, talked once online, and then she was gone. I always thought we'd eventually talk it out, but now it's a forever regret. I never lost anyone this close. I still can't believe it. It's like I want to talk to her to talk about her... I'm destroyed.

Thanks Matt. So sorry to hear your news too. Try keep your spirits up mate.

Bright light. Bright light. Uh oh.
Don't know what to say samo except that I feel for you and his family. You'll definitely want to say goodbye.

That's so sad. Have doctors found any brain activity?

Not yet Danii. We're still waiting for them to do brain scans but he's been out since early Saturday morning so its not looking good. His dad rang me this morning and told me I could call to visit him tonight which will be tough but I really want to see him. We had started a film club and were showing a film once a month and he was so enthusiastic about it. Just so hard to believe this has all happened.
If you're up to visiting him then i'd go. Chat to him too, the hearing is the last thing to go so if it isn't looking good for your friend then he will hear your voice even though he can't respond. Good luck, hope he does pull through as there's always hope.

Unregistered User
If you're up to visiting him then i'd go. Chat to him too, the hearing is the last thing to go so if it isn't looking good for your friend then he will hear your voice even though he can't respond. Good luck, hope he does pull through as there's always hope.

So I called up last night and although it was tough going, I'm glad I did. Doing more scans today so we're staying hopeful. First scans didn't show any damage but he didn't wake when off sedation drugs which is worrying. We've cleaned his entire house which was strangely therapeutic despite how horrific the place was. Getting his finances sorted too as it turns out he is in a lot of debt.

28 days...6 hours...42 minutes...12 seconds
Going to the doctor's next Wednesday for a mole that is discoloured. My dad has some minor skin cancer issues, so just need to be sure.

Suspect's Reviews

Going to the doctor's next Wednesday for a mole that is discoloured. My dad has some minor skin cancer issues, so just need to be sure.
Always a good idea to get these checked, most of them do turn out to be harmless. Good luck!

I caught a pre-cancer a couple of years ago on the top of my nose. A tiny pale pink smudge that suddenly appeared. Turned out to be an actinic keratosis. Needed a month's treatment to make it go away. So scary. Now I have an annual check up.

Good luck with your appointment.

Unregistered User
Myself and another friend found my best friend unconscious in his bed. Looks like he overdosed on insulin early hours of Saturday morning and wasn't discovered until I called at 4pm. He's still in intensive care and we've been told to prepare for the worst. Taking off sedation drugs soon and assessing brain damage but it doesn't look good. I had the chance to call earlier that morning after hearing he had put strange messages on facebook but didn't because he does this regularly. When I did call it was honestly like a scene from a horror movie. Horrendous.Really struggling to deal with it and feel so so guilty. He lost in mum years ago to breast cancer and his sister died on his mums anniversary just last December. I cant even imagine what his dad is going through.

Please keep him in your thoughts everyone.

So, 43 days on, my friend sadly passed away. He never regained consciousness. Its being treated as suicide unfortunately. We knew he had mental health issues and suffered from depression but no one had any idea how severe. Dreadful news.

Really sorry to hear Sam, thoughts are with those of you that knew him and his family.

So, 43 days on, my friend sadly passed away. He never regained consciousness. Its being treated as suicide unfortunately. We knew he had mental health issues and suffered from depression but no one had any idea how severe. Dreadful news.
That's really sad, samoan. Depression is an awful, awful thing, especially when it consumes a person. My thoughts are with you buddy.

You can't win an argument just by being right!
So sorry for your loss, Sam. Never gets easy.

Myself and another friend found my best friend unconscious in his bed. Looks like he overdosed on insulin early hours of Saturday morning and wasn't discovered until I called at 4pm. He's still in intensive care and we've been told to prepare for the worst. Taking off sedation drugs soon and assessing brain damage but it doesn't look good. I had the chance to call earlier that morning after hearing he had put strange messages on facebook but didn't because he does this regularly. When I did call it was honestly like a scene from a horror movie. Horrendous.Really struggling to deal with it and feel so so guilty. He lost in mum years ago to breast cancer and his sister died on his mums anniversary just last December. I cant even imagine what his dad is going through.

Please keep him in your thoughts everyone.

That is so sad. Really sorry to hear that Sam.