The 10th Mofo Movie Hall of Fame

Tools    

Thank you GBG, even though you're not an official member you still add a lot to the conversation. It's always good to have you pop in!

And I just realized that in the rush of doing the countdown, I forgot to say....

Congratulations to Sean! The Force Was With You!

The thing isolated becomes incomprehensible
Hell, that was the lowest I ever ranked on a HoF, I don't wanna play anymore! XD

Just kidding, I'm glad that Amour had such a strong effect on everyone to the point some people hated it! To me, that says it all about the quality of the film.
It means it works!

It was a great HoF, I'm Happy everyone finished! A huge thanks to CR who did a wonderful job hosting this, introducing some really great inovations too!

I'll post my list in a minute!

The thing isolated becomes incomprehensible
  1. Blade Runner
  2. Amour
  3. East of Eden
  4. Dead Man Shoes
  5. Ugetsu
  6. The Empire Strikes Back
  7. Lilja 4-ever
  8. The Lucky Ones
  9. My Man Godfrey
  10. Cul de Sac

Congrats to the winners!

My list-

1. Cul-De-Sac
2. The Lucky Ones
3. Dead Man's Shoes
4. Ugetsu
5. Lilya 4-Ever
6. Amour
7. My Man Godfrey
8. Blade Runner
9. The Empire Strikes Back
10. East of Eden

Special award-Lilya 4-Ever
  1. Blade Runner
  2. Amour
  3. East of Eden
  4. Dead Man Shoes
  5. Ugetsu
  6. The Empire Strikes Back
  7. Lilja 4-ever
  8. The Lucky Ones
  9. My Man Godfrey
  10. Cul de Sac

Congrats to the winners!

I never could get the hang of Thursdays.
My list:

1.The Empire Strikes Back
2. Blade Runner
3. Lilya-4-ever
4. Amour
5. East of Eden
6. The Lucky Ones
7. Dead Man’s Shoes
8. My Man Godfrey
9. Ugetsu
10. Cul de Sac

Special award: Amour

I feel like I had Ugestsu too low but there weren't any more spaces higher up!

I really enjoyed this hall of fame, I think it has been one of the most enjoyable so far. I really think it works better with fewer participants, its easier to watch and discuss all the movies at similar times and people are less likely to drop out of a hof with 10 movies than one with 17.

Citizen could you post my list. I know most of it but I lost it.
Sure, no problem...

Raul's List
1 East of Eden
2 Empire Strikes Back
3 The Lucky Ones
4 Ugetsu
5 My Man Godfrey
6 Blade Runner
7 Lilya 4-ever
8 Cul-de-sac
9 Amour
10 Dead Man's Shoes

7. Dead Man’s Shoes
. Just happy when someone didn't have it last.

I really enjoyed this hall of fame, I think it has been one of the most enjoyable so far. I really think it works better with fewer participants, its easier to watch and discuss all the movies at similar times and people are less likely to drop out of a hof with 10 movies than one with 17.
Couldn't agree more. I personally wouldn't join one of the ones with 15+ member, mostly because i know there'd be a risk of me not finishing or worse forcing myself to watch a bunch of movies in a short time to meet the deadline. I think these 10-12 ones are better, yeah get more of a personal interaction with the members and their opinions and i think it will more than likely result in less dropouts.

I like the HoFs, small too. I agree that when you have a large number of nominations it can be overwhelming and people fall behind and then drop out.

I'm not sure why it was smaller than usual this time? I did give a fairly stern warning in the opening post about dropping out, so maybe that made some who were unsure if they could complete it, not join. Or maybe it was the time of the year? and people were busy with school or work.

I'm not sure what it was but the only reason i ended up joining was because it was so small. Think it was probably the one i liked the most.

This was only my fifth HOF, well not counting the Looney Tunes HOF. Mostly because i'm very selective about when and which one i join to avoid dropping out as much as possible.

We could set a cap of 12 for the 11th HOF, first come first serve?
I'd join that, just as long as the cap wasn't an on my account situation, wouldn't want to deny anyone a place because of my personal size preference. And also depending on if it would overlap with your planned Animation HOF if you are still doing that because i'd really like to join that one.

We could set a cap of 12 for the 11th HOF, first come first serve?
As much as I like small Hofs, it seems unfair to exclude anyone from joining. It seems like the Hofs need to be for all of MoFo. If more people join, just extend the deadline giving plenty of time. Just my opinion.

I had an idea and I wasn't sure if it would work well or not, so I never used it. But I had originally wrote this for the opening post rules:

First time Hof members and those who have a history of dropping out can still enter, but their movies will be marked 'optional' to watch and placed at the end of the list. If that member watches all the movies and turns in a voting list, then the status of their movie nomination will change from optional to required.

I will try and keep everyone informed of what movies have been disqualified so you don't waste your time watching them.

I'd like to host again too....but sometime in the future, not the next one. I like to see different people get a chance to host before I host again, because every host brings something new to the HoF, which helps keep them fresh.

I already have my nom for the 11th Hof