Sci-Fi HoF...Hall of Fame

Tools    

Zotis, that is the difference between an open minded person and a close minded person. I am a curious person, who is interested in things I find fascinating.

I also notice that stuff that I am interested in things that doesn't fit society's commonly accepted norms. Things that are underground, the more underground, the better and more fascinating. Now, for instance, I am not interested anymore in Hollywood movies, in the way I was interested 4 years ago, for instance. Although I was really interested in them, which explains why I have such strong opinion about movies that are completely unknown for most people in Brazil like Fargo.

I also think I have the desire to rebel against society. Heavy metal music is the obvious example, it satisfies the desire to rebel by talking about things that are taboo like satanism and general violence. And likewise, stuff like Strike Witches, that violates western moral standards, attracts me since it is a way to rebel against social norms. While enjoying K-On! for instance is a way for young Japanese men to rebel against Japanese social norms.

Too many movies out there that I love to start caring about acquired tastes. I certainly don't hate anime either. When I see them and it is one I don't enjoy I am going to say so and I don't think I need to be sleeping with Miyazaki to do so.
The problem is not that you don't enjoy it the problem is that you don't respect it. As if you are unaware of these movies importance in the animation community. Then, of course, you will say now "I don't give a..." for the movie's importance for the animation community....

One thing about art is that to appreciate it in general one has to be humble enough to understand that sometimes things are not supposed to work in the ways that are usually expected by the viewer/listener/reader.

The problem is not that you don't enjoy it the problem is that you don't respect it. As if you are unaware of these movies importance in the animation community. Then, of course, you will say now "I don't give a..." for the movie's importance for the animation community....

One thing about art is that to appreciate it in general one has to be humble enough to understand that sometimes things are not supposed to work in the ways that are usually expected by the viewer/listener/reader.
Seriously Guap wtf? Are you born again or something? I'm not trying to start a debate or insult you but everything you said there has been done by you in the past. It seems as if you have a new idea and change the way you go about things, so everyone must already be at wherever you are now.

Lately I've been watching a decent amount of Anime, I partially credit your enthusiasm for that so thank you, but you also need to remember this isn't an Animation forum, some will watch Animation while some will spend as much time as you watching Live Action films.

When have I ever said that? Your problem is that you think if somebody doesn't like what you like than that means they think it's irrelevant.

The biggest difference between you and me is if I say I don't like Naussica because it is poorly written and the character motivations are weak you throw a bunch of statistics at me to "prove" that it is high art. However, if you tell me you don't like Shawshank because it is unrealistic, manipulative, and overly melodramatic. I say yes it is, but I love it anyway.

I don't think the things I love need to be elevated to some imaginary level to love them. I love them because they speak to me on some level. If they don't for you, so be it.