Rate The Last Movie You Saw

Tools    

The Panic in Needle Park (1971)

I found this to be a very realistic depiction of heroin addicts, with excellent performances. What strikes me most is how nothing has changed in 40+ years. This movie could be made the exact same way today, and it would still be realistic. It's sad that still nothing has been done to really help these people.
Movies that deal with addiction tend to strike a chord with me, so I feel like I should probably seek this movie out, but the PG-rating throws me for a loop. That just seems . . . odd, for a movie dealing with heroin addiction.

Movies that deal with addiction tend to strike a chord with me, so I feel like I should probably seek this movie out, but the PG-rating throws me for a loop. That just seems . . . odd, for a movie dealing with heroin addiction.
Yea I also get into movies that deal with addiction as well. I didn't realize it was a PG movie; it didn't feel like one, so I wouldn't let that stop you.

I was probably too harsh on my Dead Man rating so I'm changing it to
I didn't hate it because I wasn't expecting to like it in the first place, so there was no disappointment.

Kakarot89: The Infamous Thread Killer
Flowers of War

Batman, what are you doing in a Zhang Yimou film?

While I don't feel this is one of Zhang's stronger films, it is a very interesting film. The story kept me intrigued and managed to keep me on the edge of my seat a few times. I did like Bale's character arc but felt it was a bit played out. A good film though.

Scent of a Woman

I'd seen bits and pieces of this before and thought it seemed like a good movie so managed to finally sit down and watch it from beginning to end. Pacino is great (which can be left unsaid) and the story is interesting enough. Pacino really does steal the show though and plays a great @$$ hole who you do feel sympathy for

The Quiet Duel

Wow! I went into this one knowing absolutely nothing about it but the director and the main actor. It was really good. Toshiro Mifune is really sympathetic and commendable for going through his life the way he does.

Cloud Atlas

The makeup effects people really made this movie. If they sucked at their jobs, this movie would have lost a lot of interest right there and then. That said, I did enjoy the movie too. It was really cool tying the different events to one another throughout the film and looking at the reincarnation belief passing throughout the film. There were a few parts where it felt kinda slow but I enjoyed it over all.

Women will be your undoing, Pépé

(REWATCH) Titus (1999)
Arguably one of the most darkest of Shakespeare's, this rendition has a modernized backdrop creating a powerful and visually wild movie with very solid, strong performances across the board

A Werewolf Boy (Korean)
A beautiful and very touching film that brought both laughter and tears in equal pleasure

Cronos (1993)
One of Guillermo del Toro's earlier endeavors that, while in it's self was pretty basic, there was a subtly to several aspects of it that make it quite worthwhile. The grandfather and his granddaughter Aurora who scarcely spoke but said FAR more with her presence is at the top of that list.

The Hobbit; Desolation of Smaug
Being a huge fan of the actual book since childhood I can't help the prejudice I have to the HUGE @SS additional storylines, characters and countless references to the trilogy that WASN'T in the original making it sound more like a prequel than the stand alone story it initially--- oh, forget it. FAR TOO EASY To go on a frickin fan rant and miss out an actually enjoyable, though WAY TOO FRICKIN LONG - THREE MOVIES?!?!? SERIOUSLY?!-------

okay, deep breaths, count to ten. . .

My roommate made the best remark to let the other aspects slide and simply enjoy the ride, "Think of if as Fan Fiction,"
and that does help
kinda

Love Story (1970)

Most of the movie is just an ok love story with 2 appealing leads. Of course it turns into a tearjerker, which I'm a sucker for. Ryan O'Neal did some good work in the 70's.

About Time

This movie had heart, but it really felt hurried at times. The most touching part of the movie, the relationship between the father and son, they focused on a bit too late, but the parts they did show were really sweet.

Gimmie Shelter

Vanessa Hudgens was so beautiful in this movie. I've never seen her in whatever teeny movie she was in before (high school musical?) but her performance was pretty great, although more than a little melodramatic - but I think that was a product of the script. The movie itself was ok. It held my attention and I felt interested in her fate. The supporting cast was made up of stereotypical caricatures (abusive mother, distant and rich father, nurturing social worker, too-cool teen moms) and I felt uncomfortably like they were not being true to the real-life people they were representing. Sometimes felt like an after school special.

12 years a slave

God, this movie. It was as difficult and beautiful to watch as everyone said it was. I felt so much for Northup and worried so much about his well-being (and I fell a little bit in love with Chiwetel Ejiofor), and my heart broke for the beautiful Patsey. I dreaded each time they introduced a new white person on screen, because I wasn't sure if I could trust them or not. I was completely pulled into the story and was so despairing to know that this was based on a true story.

Scarecrow (1973)

I thought this was a very good buddy/road movie. I wouldn't say it's particularly great or special in any way, but I enjoyed everything about it-except the ending. It's a good showcase for Gene Hackman and Al Pacino; if you like them, as I do, it is hard to go wrong with this one.

Cast Away (2000)

Very Nice movie . Tom Hanks is Amazing and the relation between him and the volleyball ball is very touching in my opinion .Certainly one of the best survival movie of all time .

Jay And Silent Bob Strike Back (2001)

Completely hilarious . Jay and Silent Bob are on the top in this movie my favorite one with both of them (Mallrats is also pretty good).

I Am Legend (2007)

Great Zombie movie not the best but Will Smith give one hell of an incredible performance . I very don't like the ending but the other part save the movie . I cry 10 minutes when the dog died ...

El Mariachi 9/10
what an inspiring movie for every young cinephile who dreams of becoming a filmmaker! and with such low budget !

Nashville (1975)

It's hard to say why I liked it so much because there's really no story. It felt very authentic, almost like I was there, rather than just watching. I enjoyed all the different characters, loved the atmosphere, and liked the music. There were bits and pieces of emotion here and there, and It felt very much like a PTA movie to me. I knew it was long and that some people think it's boring, so I watched it in 4 40 minute sets. That worked well for me. I doubt it will make my 70's list, but I thought it was pretty great.

The Debt
(John Madden, 2011)

A tense, suspenseful thriller that's well-acted and well-directed and more intelligent than most films of its ilk. The flashbacks are handled with poise and fit seamlessly into the narrative. The present-day scenes aren't quite as compelling, but maybe that's just because I'd rather stare at the beautiful Jessica Chastian than Helen Mirren, despite her immense talent. Recommended for fans of spy films.

Delivery Man
(Ken Scott, 2013)

Delivery Man fails in every aspect. It isn't funny. It isn't moving. Everyone in the cast is grating and obnoxious. The story is ridiculously contrived. The script is horrid. Possibly the worst film I've seen from last year. It's as cheap and emotionally hollow as a Hallmark card.

Epic
(Chris Wedge, 2013)

There's an annoying tendency in mainstream animation nowadays to hire celebrities instead of much more deserving vocal talent. It takes me out of a movie to hear someone like Steven Tyler randomly appear as an animated character. Instead of paying attention to the story and investing in the characters, I'm like, "Oh, that's Beyonce's voice. And is that . . . yeah, that's Pitbull. What the hell is he doing in this movie?" The animation is pretty, but the story is derivative and reminded me of Ferngully. Regardless, this is a decent family movie. I enjoyed its adventurous spirit more than expected, and I'm sure kids will probably love it since it hits all the familiar beats of a modern-day, play-it-safe, by-the-numbers family flick.

Nashville (1975)

It's hard to say why I liked it so much because there's really no story. It felt very authentic, almost like I was there, rather than just watching. I enjoyed all the different characters, loved the atmosphere, and liked the music. There were bits and pieces of emotion here and there, and It felt very much like a PTA movie to me. I knew it was long and that some people think it's boring, so I watched it in 4 40 minute sets. That worked well for me. I doubt it will make my 70's list, but I thought it was pretty great.
You get it! Very glad you liked it.

The Shining - 8/10

Bad acting, not very scary but, Jack Nicholson saved it with his hilariously crazy character.

Wake in Fright (1971)

This Australian film did a great job at creating tension and uneasiness. It's probably more memorable than good, and I mean that as a compliment. The kangaroo massacre will be in my mind for a long time. It's a major coincidence that I watched this and Walkabout a week apart. They would make a great double feature.

Le Sang d'un Počte (1930) ~ 7/10

Cocteau has a way with his films. I love his artistic style and how he creates his characters. The fluid movement of his characters are very graceful. This was a very good film but La Belle et La Bete will always be my favorite Cocteau.

The Shining - 8/10

Bad acting, not very scary but, Jack Nicholson saved it with his hilariously crazy character.
What do you mean by bad acting?