Movie HALL of FAME Archives & Info

Tools    

No, we’re still missing Action, Adventure, Biopic, Family, Comedy, Fantasy, Noir, History, Musical, Music, Mystery, Romance, Sport, and Western as well.
There are Comedy, Mystery, Music, Noir, Western lists; 100 Laughs, 100 Westerns, 100 Film Noirs, 100 Thrills, 100 Years of Musicals.
But now that you mention it action, fantasy, family, adventure, bio/history are also missing.

No, we’re still missing Action, Adventure, Biopic, Family, Comedy, Fantasy, Noir, History, Musical, Music, Mystery, Romance, Sport, and Western as well.
There are Comedy, Mystery, Music, Noir, Western lists; 100 Laughs, 100 Westerns, 100 Film Noirs, 100 Thrills, 100 Years of Musicals.
But now that you mention it action, fantasy, family, adventure, bio/history are also missing.
Oh, I thought you meant only Movie Forums curated lists.

Yeah, still (kind of) going. I gotta say, as appreciative I am of this period watching silent films all the time can be a bit tiresome. I think pretty soon now I’ll be sending in my list.
I'm trying...to watch Birth of a Nation. I loved a lot of silent films but man oh man does this one drag for me. Anyway, I'll be looking forward to your nom when the 20th starts, hopefully it's not Birth of a Nation

Yeah, still (kind of) going. I gotta say, as appreciative I am of this period watching silent films all the time can be a bit tiresome. I think pretty soon now I’ll be sending in my list.
I'm trying...to watch Birth of a Nation. I loved a lot of silent films but man oh man does this one drag for me. Anyway, I'll be looking forward to your nom when the 20th starts, hopefully it's not Birth of a Nation
Yup, that at Napoleon I tried and could not get through. Depending on when you start the 20th I may even do a pre-30s blind nom so I can force myself to watch more.

Women will be your undoing, Pépé
Also, I am going to start the Japanese Hall of Fame before the year ends, if anyone is interested in that. We willngive it a bit though yet.
I'd be up for that one

2022 Mofo Fantasy Football Champ
Usually after the current Countdown is over we all wrangle around the campfire and reckon which countdown doggie we'll rope in next

BTW, is anybody still watching silent films for the Pre 30s Countdown? I'm working on getting in a few more myself.
I'm watching The Iron Horse tonight.

Birth of a Nation was #2 on my list for the ill-fated Worst Films Countdown TONGO was doing. It's an important piece of film history, but it's also incredibly racist and quite boring. I only watched it in its entirety for a film class, and I don't think I could sit through it again.

Birth of a Nation was #2 on my list for the ill-fated Worst Films Countdown TONGO was doing. It's an important piece of film history, but it's also incredibly racist and quite boring. I only watched it in its entirety for a film class, and I don't think I could sit through it again.
I watched more of Birth of a Nation last night, I'm up to the half way mark. It did get a bit better once the film focused on the romance between Lillian Gish and the southern Colonel. So far I haven't seen the section about the KKK, but I do get the idea that the film (which was based on the book The Clan) is laying the ground work to blame the north for the rise of the KKK. So far the entire film seems to glorify the southern way of life and the antebellum period, while treating the north as the enemy. I guess the only thing that keeps me watching is that I want to see just how bad the film gets, ha.

So I had an idea for a Hall of Fame, or a couple. It would be a "favorites" hall of fame in which one member would get to nominate their top ten movies (or any of their favorite movies) and the other members would participate in the hall of fame. It's a very rough idea, but would anyone be interested in something like that?

So I had an idea for a Hall of Fame, or a couple. It would be a "favorites" hall of fame in which one member would get to nominate their top ten movies (or any of their favorite movies) and the other members would participate in the hall of fame. It's a very rough idea, but would anyone be interested in something like that?
I would If you host it, I'll join. It sounds fun and different. So how would this work exactly?

I would If you host it, I'll join. It sounds fun and different. So how would this work exactly?
Won’t be for a couple months though, so I’ll wait until 20th is over.

Won’t be for a couple months though, so I’ll wait until 20th is over.
That's cool. I might think of a simple, small HoF to do here shortly as I should be done with the 20th next week and need something to do. Maybe I'll do a Virgin II Hof. Any HoF virgins in the house

You can't make a rainbow without a little rain.

If I understand this correctly, one person nominates all ten movies?

If I understand this correctly, one person nominates all ten movies?
Yes. A “gbgoodies” or “ahwell” HoF.