New Feature: Seen Log

Tools    

I don't track clicks there, so I'm not sure. It's kind of an artifact from older versions of the site, though it is totally up to-date. I do think it'll probably get replaced, or more likely folded into an expanded Movies area.
The Business & Box Office Discussion forum doesn't get much use, right now the last post on that forum is 9 days old, so folding it into another forum to make new real estate

Yeah, as of right now, there's no way to see anyone's other than your own. Gonna open that up when I figure out how I want to integrate it into profiles, I think...
Being able to see other MoFos Seen Log would be very useful for giving people movie recommendations, for sparking conversation about movies, and for HoFs, etc. So I like that idea

I noticed it'll date the time I watched the movies based on when I checked them off in Lists if I haven't reviewed them, so it's telling me I've watched half a dozen movies this month when all I did was mark off a few from the Directed by Women Countdown that I know I've seen years ago.

Only a nitpick, but something I noticed.

On another note, a Sort by Date Released would be pretty nifty. I wouldn't care about the month, but if it showed how many movies I've watched from each year, that'd be cool.

I noticed it'll date the time I watched the movies based on when I checked them off in Lists if I haven't reviewed them, so it's telling me I've watched half a dozen movies this month when all I did was mark off a few from the Directed by Women Countdown that I know I've seen years ago.

Only a nitpick, but something I noticed.
Well, I thought about dispatching drones that registered when you actually saw something, but I figured that might run afoul of a law or two.

But yeah, obviously there's literally no way to know when you actually saw the film. When you clicked it is the only information I have. However, if you click on the titles it brings up an overlay that allows you to change the date.

On another note, a Sort by Date Released would be pretty nifty. I wouldn't care about the month, but if it showed how many movies I've watched from each year, that'd be cool.
This is a very good idea that's very easy to implement. This will happen soon.

I can actually add lots of other sort options, but if I add more than one or two more I'll have to find a way to compress them into that space with something less usable, like a dropdown menu, so we'll see.

I hope this isn't a stupid question and the answer is obvious, but does everybody see the same movies sorted on their Seen Log? I know I can sort it by Title - Rating - Seen

But in the Seen view, the movie list seems to know what I've been watching lately, which was Hof movies. How did it know that? I hadn't rated the first 7 movies until after I looked at the Seen Log.

I hope this isn't a stupid question and the answer is obvious, but does everybody see the same movies sorted on their Seen Log?
Nope, it shows the entries for the user viewing it.

But in the Seen view, the movie list seems to know what I've been watching lately, which was Hof movies. How did it know that? I hadn't rated the first 7 movies until after I looked at the Seen Log.
The Seen Log draws from films checked off of Lists, films checked off via the individual Movie pages, but the latter happens automatically when we approve one of your reviews (which is a suggestion someone made a number of months ago; maybe Rodent?), so I'm guessing it's that last bit!

...The Seen Log draws from films checked off of Lists, films checked off via the individual Movie pages, but the latter happens automatically when we approve one of your reviews (which is a suggestion someone made a number of months ago; maybe Rodent?), so I'm guessing it's that last bit!
Ha, I knew it had to be a logical reason And yes I had just clicked them off my List.

Yeah, when it came time to add Movie pages I realized I should really add the ability to mark them as seen, and once I decided to do that, I realized I should integrate it into the Lists area (and, in return, integrate lists into the new movie database).

It's not ideal, I still have this superfluous little connection ID thing in the database that adds to the complexity of the queries, but it works for now and isn't too bad given that so much of this had to be added to an existing feature.

@Yoda I just had an idea... sorry if this has been brought up already, had a look, couldn't see anything so far...

You mentioned how it was kinda difficult to change those popcorns and the NO RATING thing on the right side to being mouseover things...

Would it be possible to add the mouseover popcorn rater thing, to the pop-up that appears when you hit the "Edit Seen Entry" pencil marker? All that's in there at the moment is the ability to change the date that you saw said movie...

Oh dear I've made you guys gun shy with my "I already said that" stuff, haven't I? Sorry. Anyway, yeah, that's in the second post ("to modify rating from the overlay"). It's definitely a good idea, I was just kinda wiped and wanted to get this up.

So, to summarize, very very very soon I'll add:

1) Add/edit ratings from overlay.
2) Sort by film's release date.
3) Ability to mark films as seen from Seen Log.
4) Display rating somehow on Poster View.

Depending on how tired or distracted I am, this could all happen today, but almost definitely no later than tomorrow.

Thanks for all the feedback guys, good stuff. And honestly, even the repeated stuff, is moderately useful, since it serves as an amplification about what's important or expected.

28 days...6 hours...42 minutes...12 seconds
That's one of the first things I look at when I click on someone's profile, but maybe I'm in the minority.
*raises hand* me too.

Suspect's Reviews

if you click on the titles
Clicking on the titles brings me to the movie page, but a hover-over edit button does do what you say, so to that I say: nice.

Originally Posted by Yoda
This is a very good idea that's very easy to implement. This will happen soon.
Cool.

I'm also inclined to say that I'd prefer more to appear on each page, in poster view the maximum number of movies displayed, 50, is still wider than it is long. Making this 100 would be a bit more convenient for my purposes, and I haven't even seen that all that many movies compared to some users on this forum, and yet if I wanted to scroll through all mine, I'd have 11 pages to click through.

I'll also echo other users here by saying being able to check other users' Seen Log from their profile would be useful.

Clicking on the titles brings me to the movie page, but a hover-over edit button does do what you say, so to that I say: nice.
Ah, sorry, I forgot about the hover icon thing, in part because on mobile it'd just the title.

I'm also inclined to say that I'd prefer more to appear on each page, in poster view the maximum number of movies displayed, 50, is still wider than it is long. Making this 100 would be a bit more convenient for my purposes, and I haven't even seen that all that many movies compared to some users on this forum, and yet if I wanted to scroll through all mine, I'd have 11 pages to click through.
It's very easy to add more options for how many to display at a time, only issue is finding space.

Can I ask how it logs what I've seen. It has a CSI TV episode listed as something I've watched. The one directed by Tarantino.
From slightly up the page:

The Seen Log draws from films checked off of Lists, films checked off via the individual Movie pages, but the latter happens automatically when we approve one of your reviews

28 days...6 hours...42 minutes...12 seconds
From slightly up the page:
Am I missing something regarding the CSI entry then? Is it considered a movie? I don't see anywhere where I could have 'logged' seeing that. Just curious.

Am I missing something regarding the CSI entry then? Is it considered a movie? I don't see anywhere where I could have 'logged' seeing that. Just curious.
It says you marked it on September 19th, 2:03 pm. My best guess is you did it via the Tarantino club. Not sure if I mentioned that that's tied into the individual movie page system, too.

It says you marked it on September 19th, 2:03 pm. My best guess is you did it via the Tarantino club. Not sure if I mentioned that that's tied into the individual movie page system, too.
Ooooh, more ways to check off movies.

Edit: Odd, I'm certain I've seen Grindhouse and would have reviewed it, but I don't appear to have one up.

Off-topic: Where's the normal link for Clubs? Or the official thread for Clubs?
It was/is sort of a beta test and I'm still deciding what to do with it. It's in your profile, though, if you've joined any. And it's easy to remember: www.movieforums.com/clubs

Odd, I'm certain I've seen Grindhouse and would have reviewed it, but I don't appear to have one up.
Checking the database, you've only used the word "grindhouse" in three posts, and the other two were replies to Iro. Are you sure you didn't review one of the "sub" films? Maybe tagged as Death Proof or something?