Movie HALL of FAME Archives & Info

Tools    

Count me in for the Japanese HoF.
The 10 recommendations HoF sounds interesting.
The profile top 10 HoF depends on the which member profile of course.

As I said before, (see my quote that Citizen Rules posted above), I like this idea, but I think the nominations should be based on favorite genres, or at least previously mentioned favorite movies, rather than from the MoFo lists. Just because someone watched a movie and crossed it off the MoFo list, that doesn't mean that they liked that movie. (I've watched quite a few movies on those lists that I didn't like, so that would be a poor criteria to choose nominations for me.)
The thing of it is, nobody knows what you haven't seen besides what you haven't crossed off on your lists. This way people don't ask each other hey have you seen this or that. There should be some challenge to it, yet you're still much more likely to enjoy the nominations than in another HoF since they'd all be picked specifically for you.

You can't make a rainbow without a little rain.
The thing of it is, nobody knows what you haven't seen besides what you haven't crossed off on your lists. This way people don't ask each other hey have you seen this or that. There should be some challenge to it, yet you're still much more likely to enjoy the nominations than in another HoF since they'd all be picked specifically for you.

People can use the MoFo lists as an option for picking movies, but I don't think people should be required to pick their nominations from those lists.

For one thing, it will increase the likelihood of two people nominating the same movie.

Plus, another problem for me is that many of the movies that I haven't seen on the MoFo lists are movies that I have no interest in seeing.

People can use the MoFo lists as an option for picking movies, but I don't think people should be required to pick their nominations from those lists.

For one thing, it will increase the likelihood of two people nominating the same movie.
That's an issue settled in 5 seconds as the host says pick another movie.

Plus, another problem for me is that many of the movies that I haven't seen on the MoFo lists are movies that I have no interest in seeing.
Ok but many movies that are not on MoFo lists you have no interest in seeing either. At least these movies have achieved a certain status here or elsewhere. When we had this discussion before, I was thinking of possible choices for you. One of those choices was Breaking Away, which you subsequently watched and liked if I'm not mistaken. And keep in mind, we have no idea what the others have or have not seen besides what's on the lists. Picking from the lists makes it a simple process and we get to watch movies that have some accomplishment.

Ok but many movies that are not on MoFo lists you have no interest in seeing either.
Not to mention potentially having to watch films you have no interest in seeing is just something that goes with the territory when participating in ANY hall of fame. That's just something you accept when you sign up.

I like Cricket's idea...and protocol would say that: it's his idea and so he can do the HoF the way he wants. I think it would be really fun and popular. We need to keep the HoFs fresh so we all don't get bored with them and it's a very original idea.

I also like GBG's idea...and last time we talked about it I suggested some tweaks to her idea too. And if she wanted to host it she could do it her way, I would join that one too, it also would be fun.

We've done many HoFs, so we can certainly do two of these similar HoF ideas, I do think there's interest.

Women will be your undoing, Pépé
another option in helping to guess what sort of films someone enjoys is to go through past HoFs and see what they nominate. It wouldn't guarantee thinking up perfect films for that individual, but it may assist each of us at taking a stab at it.

@rauldc14 You still planning to start Japanese today? Not trying to push you or anything, I know people have a lot on their plates, just wondering.

2022 Mofo Fantasy Football Champ
@rauldc14 You still planning to start Japanese today? Not trying to push you or anything, I know people have a lot on their plates, just wondering.
Yes sir! Will be tonight!

Would anyone be interested in a war or gangster HoF? If so, I'd love to host it.
I’d definitely join, but not right now since Japanese is about to start and Siddon he would be starting Comedy III soon.

Anyone up for another Western HoF or two? Not the best timing since we have three HoFs still going on, but maybe in a month or so.

Anyone up for another Western HoF or two? Not the best timing since we have three HoFs still going on, but maybe in a month or so.
Ha, I just posted about that on the Western Countdown thread...Yes! I'd be totally into it and I think there's enough MoFos to make the HoF happen, I know there's some HoFs going on right now (but there's always some HoFs going on) so yeah I think there's enough people to do one

Women will be your undoing, Pépé
It'll be tricky, but I'd go for that

So I can host our first (or actually, second) Western HoF, does anyone else particularly want to host?
If not, I’ll hopefully be starting it this week.