24th Hall of Fame

Tools    

The Lighthouse is well made and stylishly shot. I loved the b&w contrasty [sic] look of the film. I'd venture a guess to say that most fans of horror/thriller would really enjoy it.
While I really liked it, I fully acknowledge that it's not a film for everyone.

While I really liked it, I fully acknowledge that it's not a film for everyone.
I like horror and I have seen a lot. I think the draw back is Robert Pattison. Not a fan of his. And f*** Twilight ****. I will never watch.

The trick is not minding
I like horror and I have seen a lot. I think the draw back is Robert Pattison. Not a fan of his. And f*** Twilight ****. I will never watch.
Same director as The Witch. Since you are a fan, I’d say it’s definitely worth a shot. Just pretend it’s Mads on screen instead

I think that Robert Pattinson and Willem Dafoe are pretty amazing in it and play off of each other really well.

I have seen a lot of Pattinson's films in the last year, and I think he's actually a really incredible actor. Even in the films I didn't love (like The Devil All the Time), he was one of the best things about it. I think that his best two performances were in High Life and Good Time.

The Lighthouse strikes a very strange tone, and it has this mythology-infused horror vibe. It is strange, but unapologetically so. I'd almost consider it more of a psychological fantasy than a horror.

I watched it with two other people and we had a blast with it. Even if you don't appreciate its tone, the lead performances and the look of it make it well worth watching.

God i hate my phone connection where I am. Pattison is good in The Rover but Pearce is amazing actor.

God i hate my phone connection where I am. Pattison is good in The Rover but Pearce is amazing actor.
I thought they were both amazing in The Rover. Man, what a film that was. I went into it just on the actors alone (Pearce, really), and I was not prepared for what an emotional journey it would be.

I thought they were both amazing in The Rover. Man, what a film that was. I went into it just on the actors alone (Pearce, really), and I was not prepared for what an emotional journey it would be.
I think Michod is going to be a great director with Animal Kingdom and The Rover under his belt. I want to see The King.

I think Michod is going to be a great director with Animal Kingdom and The Rover under his belt. I want to see The King.
I would put The King under both Animal Kingdom and The Rover, but it was still good. Just not great.

28 days...6 hours...42 minutes...12 seconds
I don't think my nomination is a masterpiece. I wouldn't even include it in my top 100. It's a film that I think too few people have seen and I would like others to enjoy it. Take that for what it is.

Suspect's Reviews

Women will be your undoing, Pépé
I would put The King under both Animal Kingdom and The Rover, but it was still good. Just not great.
Saw The King on Netflix. Good movie. Pattinsons' The Dauphin is a small part near the last third or so of the film, (rom what I remember) and I was a little surprised at the decent job he did. Did not expect that of him.

The trick is not minding
I don't think my nomination is a masterpiece. I wouldn't even include it in my top 100. It's a film that I think too few people have seen and I would like others to enjoy it. Take that for what it is.
I haven’t seen mine enough times to decide if it’s one or not, yet. It’s a film I’ve seen, really liked, and wasn’t sure if anyone else has seen it yet.
In interested in how it’ll hold up on my second viewing

Saw The King on Netflix. Good movie. Pattinsons' The Dauphin is a small part near the last third or so of the film, (rom what I remember) and I was a little surprised at the decent job he did. Did not expect that of him.
Ed, have you seen The Rover? If not, it's one I recommend.

Haven't heard of that one previously but with Guy Pearce in it I am pretty curious about it.
Yeah, I think Guy is a great actor..

The Count of Monte Cristo , The Rover and The Adventures of Priscilla, Queen of the Desert are his best films. He was good in The King's Speech as well, even though it was a small part

The Adventures of Priscilla, Queen of the Desert has three great actors, Hugo Weaving, Terence Stamp and Guy..

LA Confidential for Pearce best, that is all
Love it, and yeah, it probably would be my pick for Pearce's best, with Memento very close.

Pearce's career has been really weird and unique, with a mixture of mainstream successful/unsuccessful attempts as a leading man with more independent fare, that has now settled for a comfortable place as a dependable supporting actor. I'm not dissing him, but I just find it unique, especially if you compare it to someone like Russell Crowe (also an Aussie, also had his breakthrough in L.A. Confidential) who had better "luck" as a movie star early on only to reject the whole Hollywood machine afterwards. For what it's worth, I think I've liked/loved most of the Pearce's films I've seen (The Rover included)

That is another thing about Hall of Fames, it's to get people to know other films or to take a 2nd or 3rd look at them and analyze them. As long as they are enjoyable, then I'm good.