I'll judge your taste in movies

Tools    

I'm not saying you hate them. Just that they're beastial. You probably really love them. Why else do you like two "Beauty and the Beast" movies? They're romances.
actually.. Beauty and the Beast is my favorite fairy tale.... apparently some here knew that... thats why I got a video from Minio that was a Russian version..

Save the Texas Prairie Chicken
OK. This has to happen. I am curious to see what would be said about me.

It took a lot of cajoling by other MoFo's to get me to even put up a top-ten in my profile. (Judge that!)

P.S. My top-ten is based on overall movie experience (not just the movies themselves) which only I know, except for some of those I've shared here. So test your psychic abilities!

Everybody wants to get judged tonight!
Everybody Wang Chung tonight!

I judge you all and find you... wanting.
(Plus, I find your lack of faith disturbing.)

Everybody wants to get judged tonight!
Everybody Wang Chung tonight!

I judge you all and find you... wanting.
(Plus, I find your lack of faith disturbing.)
Have you seen any of my top 10? perhaps A Clockwork Orange or the Wicker Man.. but thats about it... Im sure

It took a lot of cajoling by other MoFo's to get me to even put up a top-ten in my profile. (Judge that!)
Your taste are out of date.

Better for a film history class than for someone trying to find great movies.
Attachments
Click image for larger version

Name:	0f06fe559adefb883b3b1f4e8f1d4ed6.jpg
Views:	354
Size:	52.0 KB
ID:	23728  

I have seen Salo too that is it though.
Maybe you should give some of the others a try... you might enjoy

So, what if someone had a bunch of silent film (era) movies in their list?

That's the thing about movies (and that's why I have such a problem with "favorite" or "best" lists) - I can pick ten (or twenty) favorites or "best films ever made" from every era.

Maybe you should give some of the others a try... you might enjoy
Yeah they all look interesting, think i'll check out the 40s Beauty and the Beast soon. This is what first came up when i searched Adams Apples - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Adams_Apples

I know it is this though - http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0418455/

That's the thing about movies (and that's why I have such a problem with "favorite" or "best" lists) - I can pick ten (or twenty) favorites or "best films ever made" from every era.
as can I.... except for certain decade like the 1950s where Im not a fan of the cinema... I like some but very few...

as can I.... except for certain decade like the 1950s where Im not a fan of the cinema... I like some but very few...
Same here, I can't think of too many off the top of my head (unlike with the 60's or 70's).

Although now that I started thinking about it I went through a phase not to long ago of watching (and really enjoying) the sci-fi movies of the 50's.

A few years back TCM had a B-movie sci-fi night (I think it was Wednesday for some reason). I miss that because I'd usually find one I never saw before.

The whole thread is pretty silly. No two people have the same taste in movies.

I think there are some timeless films that are old. And some that didn't age as well. Robocop and superman are dated

SilentVamp --

You don't leave anybody behind. Glory focuses on black people who fought in the Civil War, told from the point of view of a white man. Since I know you're not black, you are like that white man. You believe in letting the voices of those not always heard be heard. Also, you see life as a war field. The war is still going on for all of us in your eyes. Life is a war, no matter the situation, and you deserve some glory from it. As do all the people you love.

Beauty and the Beast, the Disney cartoon, continues your theme of embracing those who are more unloved and left behind. You are like Belle, looking to dance with the outsider. You truly follow your heart no matter where it goes.

And you believe that everyone must be trained for the war zone, thus your #3 film is The Empire Strikes Back, where we find Yoda training Luke Skywalker. In Glory, you showed your appreciation for the black man and people who've had to face hardships. In The Empire Strikes Back, Darth Vader is the black man. And it is here that you show even more sympathy for the "bad" man -- the bad guy could be your own father. This is where Luke learns that he has a personal connection to the dark side, that he is not so white himself. And -- he sympathizes. He calls out for his father at the end of the movie while resting. You know that the outcast could be the closest person in your own life. It could even be you.

The Big Parade continues the theme of war and assimilation. A rich guy joins the army and befriends two working class men.

Field of Dreams is the war field again. Getting the glory. Build it and they will come! I see it's about (I haven't really watched this thing) a trouble relationship with a father, also. Maybe you have a troubled relationship with either your father or your mother. Just like the troubled child/parent relationship of The Empire Strikes Back. Anyway, this is optimistic of you. You believe dreams can come true, that goals can be reached.

Amadeus continues the theme of reaching your goals, as well as child/parent issues (Mozart's father was in the movie), and you probably sympathized with Salieri and the way people looked over him and didn't care about him, while Mozart got all the attention. And -- optimistically -- Salieri got some of his own recognition in the end thanks to this movie. He even drove his rival, Mozart, to his death!

West Side Story is just the Civil War in a blue-collar neighborhood.

Goodfellas -- the lower on the list we get, the more we get into the deepest recesses of your unconscious, your deepest self, your animal self. We're starting to see your brutality and aggression. She is a gangster when it comes to her own personal war field. This is why she says if you do her wrong, she'll never speak to you again. She is a gangster.

The Assassination of Jesse James -- more gangsters. More aggression. More blood. More Civil War-like situations.

And finally -- Young Frankenstein. Well, the ultimate outcast is obviously Frankenstein. He's undead! Missy, I think your love for the outsider is probably because you're one yourself. You are a Young Frankenstein. Just like you can also be a SilentVamp -- a vampiress, perhaps?

This is an optimistic, deeply caring woman who's not stupid about the brutal, chaotic, largely uncaring world that she finds herself in.

They're deaf.