The Secret Life of cinemaafficionado

Tools    

This is a pretty terrible argument, because it's only true if I believe you in the first place. Otherwise, your need for anonymity is not a disadvantage, but highly convenient.
Well, I know that you would be incapable of debating me face to face about things that you are so obviously clueless.

You're actually asking me if there's anything strange or odd about seducing a woman in Malibu and befriending a reclusive toilet paper heir who throws elaborate parties and was killed in a drug raid?
I don't know how one can be reclusive and throw elaborate parties at the same time? And actually, he befriended me.

I also find it funny when people that live on another continent or are no less than a few thousand miles away laugh and question Johnny on the spot. For me Malibu is twenty minutes away. How about you?

You have just completely ignored the only living witness: Frances Plant Scott. She can fully corroborate my whole story but I don't think you want to go there.
Yeah, I "ignored" it by conveniently driving to work inbetween my last message and this one. Ya' got me.

Saying "here's a semi-famous widow who almost died in a drug raid, go track her down" is not evidence. It's also hysterically elaborate given that you could just, you know, post a picture of you with her husband, or one of your many alleged conquests.

This is all textbook stuff, dude: this is how everyone who's lying on the Internet tries to cover themselves. Feign outrage, make up flimsy (or outrageous) excuses for why they can't provide evidence, try to flip the burden of proof, and only put yourself out there in a way that would require the skeptics to go to ridiculous lengths to try to verify something that you ought to be able to verify yourself in a matter of minutes. This is standard stuff.

Well, I know that you would be incapable of debating me face to face about things that you are so obviously clueless.
I dunno, you seemed pretty stumped on the phone. Wanna go again?

I don't know how one can be reclusive and throw elaborate parties at the same time? And actually, he befriended me.
Good point! Another flaw in your story, given that you specifically said to me that he threw lots of parties.

I also find it funny when people that live on another continent or are no less than a few thousand miles away laugh and question Johnny on the spot. For me Malibu is twenty minutes away. How about you?
Why, do your stories sound more plausible there?

By the way, if you insist on maintaining this charade, I'm probably going to move it into a new thread. Fair warning and all that, since I know the mob's looking for you, or whatever. And if I want proof all I have to do is infiltrate the mob and then ask them.

A system of cells interlinked
This stuff is gold...

smdh

cinemaafficianado,

whether this whole elaborate story 'could be true,' is true, or is a total fabrication of your fantasies... is quite trivial

sorry man, you don't have to tell us and prove to us your recent life boasts. we're just some random assortment of people on an internet forum with a common interest in movies

weird turn this thread has made. although it reinforced a good lesson. the psychological need to brag and boast about life successes is a pretty glaring weakness... even if they are true. ideally, a person should be content in their successes, and not need to parade them. by parading them, instead of impressing people and receiving the desired validation, you're just putting yourself on a pedestal and making yourself an easier target

I don't need to validate myself. Enough people know about me and then there are some that I wish did not.
If Yoda really wants to know the truth, if it really matters, irregardless of whether he is right or wrong, he can easily find out, from people that really know me. All he needs to do is mention the single name I gave him. Ask away and prove me a liar on these forums:
Frances Plank Scott,
Jack Binion
Bobby Baldwyn
Larry Flynt
Robert Duvall

I just picked out names at random and I am the greatest ******** artist in the world or I am who I say I am.

You think I can easily find out by calling Robert Duvall? Yeah, sure, just lemme call him on his cell, which I totally have.

Here's an applicable quote I posted a little earlier that describes what you're doing right now:

...and only put yourself out there in a way that would require the skeptics to go to ridiculous lengths to try to verify something that you ought to be able to verify yourself in a matter of minutes.

I dunno, you seemed pretty stumped on the phone. Wanna go again?

Good point! Another flaw in your story, given that you specifically said to me that he threw lots of parties.

You should play your own recording rather than twisting the conversation.
I said that he threw intimate weekend gatherings of a small, select group of friends, which is quite different from elaborate parties.
Keep on twisting!

You're lying. Prove me wrong.

Send me an NDA. I'll sign it.

Ask me to call you again. I will.

Come to Pittsburgh. I'll pay for lunch.

Embarrass me for doubting you. Go ahead.

Do it. Do any of it.

I am in Yoda's back yard right now, and haven't seen any food as of yet.

Seriously though - Lisa and I want to have lunch with Chris someday...one of our goals in life!

I am in Yoda's back yard right now, and haven't seen any food as of yet.

Seriously though - Lisa and I want to have lunch with Chris someday...one of our goals in life!
It was looking good for a bit because PAX East is in Boston, and I was going to go up there to help man the SpyParty booth, but it looks like they won't be there this year. Sadface. But he says it's likely in 2015, so fingers crossed!

'Course, I might even take the plunge and go to PAX Prime in September...

You have enough to go on, if you care.
Prove me a liar.
You know, it would only be fair to let you know that you've taken something to a different level by doing what you are doing.
Now, it's possible that some of the same people that are looking for me, come looking for you.
Go ahead and paint a nice red target on your back.
In the meantime enjoy the dull and uneventfull life you so obviously have and keep having fun at my expense, this paranoid imaginative compulsive obsessive liar, who is but a figment of his own imagination and has need for universal acceptance and Yoda approval.
I feel for you, man.

Yeah, all I need to do is find a way to get in direct contact with billionaires and famous actors. When their secretaries or PR people ask me why, I'll just say "I want to see if they know this one dude." I'm sure they'll put me right through.

I think you're confused about where the burden of proof lies when a random guy on the Internet claims to be a globetrotting polyglot bodyguard who knows Robert Duvall and dates models.

It was looking good for a bit because PAX East is in Boston, and I was going to go up there to help man the SpyParty booth, but it looks like they won't be there this year. Sadface. But he says it's likely in 2015, so fingers crossed!

'Course, I might even take the plunge and go to PAX Prime in September...
The game company I am working with hits ALL the conventions, so that brings this thing all the way up to will probably happen soon, which is awesome.