24th Hall of Fame

Tools    

I have a huge list of HoF possible noms. It must have 100s of films on it. I've even broken that list down by general Hof or specialty/genre HoFs. I post my list but then you guys would know what I might pick

The reason I found my movie at all was because of these HoFs. A couple of years back, when hoping to find good noms that not everyone has seen, I googled "best films you've never heard of". That's how I found it, and that's how I found a couple of future noms.

The reason I found my movie at all was because of these HoFs. A couple of years back, when hoping to find good noms that not everyone has seen, I googled "best films you've never heard of". That's how I found it, and that's how I found a couple of future noms.
I knew about your nom before you. I just never really participated in these HOFs. Our connection was always the sick films.

I knew about your nom before you. I just never really participated in these HOFs. Our connection was always the sick films.
Yea while I didn't know it, it's not exactly obscure. Oscar winner after all. I know you've seen another one that I found that way, ends with initial M.

Yea while I didn't know it, it's not exactly obscure. Oscar winner after all. I know you've seen another one that I found that way, ends with initial M.
Usually I just discuss what I have in common with someone.

My hope was to find something good enough to nominate and discuss here.
And that is a great nomination.. there is no doubt about that.

28 days...6 hours...42 minutes...12 seconds
I really sux about repping people.. Im going to try to change that bad habit.
I guarantee there are people that rep posts without reading them. I would much rather someone reply to something I wrote and then engage in a conversation than a green number beside the post.

I'm bad at both though, so there's that...

Suspect's Reviews

I guarantee there are people that rep posts without reading them. I would much rather someone reply to something I wrote and then engage in a conversation than a green number beside the post.

I'm bad at both though, so there's that...
I read but pass on by... and then wish I had rep'd later.

There is a member on the forum that always reps my films in the Movie Tonight and Rate the Last thread.. no matter if they had seen the film or not.

Why is that a bad habit? I like repping people if I like their post.
most of the time, the conversations and reviews are good in the HOFs.. just need to rep more.

I read but pass on by... and then wish I had rep'd later.

There is a member on the forum that always reps my films in the Movie Tonight and Rate the Last thread.. no matter if they had seen the film or not.
I do that, and it's not for the post. It's because this is a movie forum and the person is investing a couple of hours to watch something and then they report back here. It's a rep for the act of participating, and I believe that participation often takes place when not on the forum.

I do that, and it's not for the post. It's because this is a movie forum and the person is investing a couple of hours to watch something and then they report back here. It's a rep for the act of participating, and I believe that participation often takes place when not on the forum.
Ya goof! I was talking about you! You always rep my posts.. you probably do a lot of members..

I have several close movie friends.. people I talk about movies and things in general. Thats a good thing.. I always have recommendations for them and they recommend them to me.

I found an old thread and damn you should see the love they have for me!

Its kind of funny then changes to very serious.

@pahaK,

Have you seen Den nya habenniskan?
Considering we spoke about Härö. I'm assuming you mean Den nya människan. I don't think I've seen that. I haven't done an extensive viewing on him, just more or less liked the ones I've seen (I'm not sure if I've seen any other than the two previously discussed films).

Considering we spoke about Härö. I'm assuming you mean Den nya människan. I don't think I've seen that. I haven't done an extensive viewing on him, just more or less liked the ones I've seen (I'm not sure if I've seen any other than the two previously discussed films).
yes. I guess Letterboxd has it wrong

I have a small list of Nordic cinema on letterboxd.. I guess I need to update it with my saved list on my pc.

I like Härö and Annila as Finnish directors.