I'll judge your taste in movies

Tools    

Master of My Domain
Who wants to judge a judge's film taste? I can take any criticism.

You can't make a rainbow without a little rain.
Gbgoodies --

GB is actually a complex character. Her favorite movie is E.T., but her second favorite movie is Dial M for Murder? E.T. always wanted to phone home -- but is he calling to kill someone?! You can bet that's why there's all those stories about how GB loves to get on the phone and complain about every little thing -- on the surface, she's a transcendent, Godly being from another world. Down below, she's a creature from underneath the planet, not above and away from it. A killer, like one of those monsters from Tremors. But don't worry because It's a Wonderful Life! Though she'd love to pick up the phone and dial M, she is restrained by her love of life. And she'll love you forever, even if you're dead, like The Ghost and Mrs. Muir. GB might kill you and make you a ghost, but she still loves you. And it'll be eternal, as GB has a fixation on The Clock -- time. This is why she insists that I learn patience -- there is ALWAYS time. She loves clocks. In fact, she'd prefer that there would be a day when The Day The Earth Stood Still. GB doesn't want time to go anywhere. She wants it to stay the same day forever. Time is meaningless and irrelevant to GB. And life should always be fair for My Fair Lady, GB. 'Cause if it isn't -- DAMN YANKEES! She'll be pissed. A romantic, time stands still soul. Never alone -- for everything is For Me and My Gal. But don't you dare mess with her because she will get her gun with Annie Get Your Gun. For GB, life is an out of this world experience, but if you disagree with her about that, she'll send you out of this world to prove it.
That's very good, and pretty accurate.

I wonder how different it would be with my original top ten favorite movies. Care to try?

Close Encounters of the Third Kind
WALL·E
Always
Brigadoon
Arsenic and Old Lace
Sunday in New York
While You Were Sleeping
Kiss Me Goodbye
When Harry Met Sally...
The Princess Bride

Oh god, Gbgoodies is a yandere.

What's a yandere?

Named "Gatsby" and sporting a Beatles reference in your custom title, yet no Great Gatsby or Magical Mystery Tour?

For shame.

What's a yandere?
Yandere (ヤンデレ) is a Japanese term for a person who is initially very loving and gentle to someone (or at least innocent) before their devotion becomes destructive in nature, often through violence and/or brutality.

I wonder how different it would be with my original top ten favorite movies. Care to try?

Close Encounters of the Third Kind
WALL·E
Always
Brigadoon
Arsenic and Old Lace
Sunday in New York
While You Were Sleeping
Kiss Me Goodbye
When Harry Met Sally...
The Princess Bride
It's pretty much the same stuff. While You Were Sleeping focuses on time again -- 'cause isn't that about a man in a coma? Your first movie is another sci-fi film with aliens -- you have a fascination with aliens. I suspect you like to think of your fantasy man, or your husband or whatever, as being out of this world and extra special. Unlike any other man on Earth. You're a deep romantic. But don't mess with you the wrong way or there will be arsenic and goodbye kisses.

Yandere (ヤンデレ) is a Japanese term for a person who is initially very loving and gentle to someone (or at least innocent) before their devotion becomes destructive in nature, often through violence and/or brutality.

That's somewhat accurate, but not totally accurate. I'm not a violent person, but I am the type of person who can be your best friend, or your worst enemy. I forgive, but I don't forget.

It's pretty much the same stuff. While You Were Sleeping focuses on time again -- 'cause isn't that about a man in a coma? Your first movie is another sci-fi film with aliens -- you have a fascination with aliens. I suspect you like to think of your fantasy man, or your husband or whatever, as being out of this world and extra special. Unlike any other man on Earth. You're a deep romantic. But don't mess with you the wrong way or there will be arsenic and goodbye kisses.

That's pretty close. While You Were Sleeping is about a romance that blossoms between two people, while the man's brother was in a coma. And my fascination with aliens is only with friendly aliens, not the kind of aliens that want to take over the planet.

I'd rather not do Gatsby. I'm not totally familiar with all the movies. I see some themes, but I wouldn't be clear.

dr. strangelove was great, but chunking express wasn't that good.
dog day afternoon was good, but 8 1/2 was turned off pretty early into the viewing by me..

This list doesn't make me want to see Playtime or Sontane for the first time.
Attachments
Click image for larger version

Name:	rejected stamp.jpg
Views:	390
Size:	5.7 KB
ID:	23673  

Frankly, I don't even know why I've done all of this. Between this and my thread where I speak my thoughts no matter who's listening, I'm completely going off the deep end again.

Frankly, I don't even know why I've done all of this. Between this and my thread where I speak my thoughts no matter who's listening, I'm completely going off the deep end again.
Judge them.

You know it feels good.

Master of My Domain
I'm completely going off the deep end again.
And we love you for doing that.

Judge them.

You know it feels good.
You're mad at me. You'd like to choke me for taking over your thread.

I think you really enjoy stuff like this. It's kind of like therapy for you. It lets you get stuff off your mind.

Foster --

You are easygoing with your taste in movies. Simple, but with a splash of uniqueness and seriousness to prove that you care more than the average person about cinema. You have mostly surrounded yourself with guys in your life, unlike Citizen Rules who surrounds himself with gals. You had a strong connection with male members of your family, as evidenced by your strong interest in Lord of the Rings. Grandpa, dad and brothers influenced you. To balance this, you took on a female persona with the drag thing thanks to Psycho. Norman Bates and Janet Leigh are your female inspirations. You know how to be a man while also honoring your sensitive side, which you probably came to feel comfortable with thanks to easygoing, nuturing and accepting male role models. You are not good at keeping relationships though, as evidenced by Forgetting Sarah Marshall. This is a movie you need to trash right now or your relationships will continue to suffer. You deeply value strong male figures and you probably feel a little inadequate as a man yourself, as evidenced by the high ranking of Psycho, which is about male inadequacy.

You don't even have a top 10 in your profile.

In my opinion, the person with the best film taste on the forum is spaghett.

Dang, Swan! The entire time I've been on this site I thought you were just my boss's kid messing around back there or something!

I think you really enjoy stuff like this. It's kind of like therapy for you. It lets you get stuff off your mind.
The thread where I was talking to myself -- yes.

I'll put up a temporary Top 10 right now if anyone wants to do me. Hold on.