The F Word In Movies-Overused!

Tools    

Movie Forums Squirrel Jumper
Oh okay. And of course it becomes more apparant when characters say words like 'goshdarn, 'freakin' and 'heck', and words like that of course. Where if they didn't use any substitutes at all, does that make it more convincing?

The only movie where I ever felt it was overused was Gutterballs. It was annoying how often it was used, then it became annoyingly funny. Of all the things going on that movie the amount of swearing was still one of the least offensive things about it.

You mean me? Kei's cousin?
3 uses (one of them mouthed) is still not a ton, just slightly more than usual for a PG-13. One thing I don't understand is that despite the myth that you can only use it once, I've seen countless of PG-13 movies where they use it twice. Though for some reason The Hunger Games: Catching Fire censored both uses.
Well, in Catching Fire, the character who said it was on TV. That's why they bleeped it. It's been a while since I saw it but I seem to remember it being shown as a broadcast in-movie when she said it.

And even though I was debating Scorsese using the F word so much in his movies, I do still like those movies actually, and they are still well told stories. My favorite Scorsese movie however, The Last Temptation of Christ does not have any characters using it, not even once for a Scorsese movie!

Welcome to the human race...
I'm definitely more likely to notice a film using it once than using it 500 times (apparently Uncut Gems used it about 500 times - according to the Wikipedia article that tracks which films use it the most, it ranks at #4 - and I never even clocked it being excessive). I'm actually struggling to think of a film where I found an excess of f-words to be genuinely distracting.

I've also noticed Uncut Gems used it a lot and it bothered my gf more, and she thought they were just trying too hard by using it so many times.

good

I'm definitely more likely to notice a film using it once than using it 500 times (apparently Uncut Gems used it about 500 times - according to the Wikipedia article that tracks which films use it the most, it ranks at #4 - and I never even clocked it being excessive). I'm actually struggling to think of a film where I found an excess of f-words to be genuinely distracting.
I was amused to see the little British boy who starred in JoJo Rabbit tell an interviewer that Uncut Gems is his current favorite movie. He’s like 10 years old!

I was amused to see the little British boy who starred in JoJo Rabbit tell an interviewer that Uncut Gems is his current favorite movie. He’s like 10 years old!

My brother and I grew up watching R rated movies with plenty of profanity, sex, and violence. We watched kids stuff, too, but my mom hates those kinds of movies so we ended up watching a lot of action flicks with her. She didn't care if we saw violence or heard profanity. If there was nudity she'd just tell my brother to cover his eyes.

You mean me? Kei's cousin?
Isn't Uncut Gems restricted to audiences aged 15 and older in the UK? They seem a lot stricter about that sort of thing than we are in the States.

⬆️ I have no idea, but I was very surprised that his parents let him watch such a mature movie. Very cute kid though.