The Western III Hall of Fame

Tools    

The trick is not minding
Nomination sent. Never seen it but it has an established actor (not Wayne or Eastwood) and an established director (not Ford or Hawks).
I’ve been wanting to see it for about a month now and it isn’t on the westerns list provided on the site. Looking forward to it.

Women will be your undoing, Pépé
That one was cool! I went with my favorite character actor and it's from a western, which I've never seen but will have to now that I'm sporting the image
Looks like a great Wanted Poster shot!

VERY nice!

The trick is not minding
We’ve got 6 with 1 maybe in the wings. Anyone else we can think of who might be interested? I figure at least 7 or 8 would be a nice total.

I sent in a nom. I want to participate again. I promise to finish. I won't drop out no matter what. And, I'm also going to make an effort to be nicer and not bash other people's nominations or insult people. I was talking with Yoda about it, and I think a lot of things I said were insensitive and arrogant.

My nom is a movie that I hear a lot of great things about and really want to see, but haven't seen yet. I think a couple people may have already seen it though.

I sent in a nom. I want to participate again. I promise to finish. I won't drop out no matter what. And, I'm also going to make an effort to be nicer and not bash other people's nominations or insult people. I was talking with Yoda about it, and I think a lot of things I said were insensitive and arrogant.

My nom is a movie that I hear a lot of great things about and really want to see, but haven't seen yet. I think a couple people may have already seen it though.
That's good to hear Zotis thanks for posting that and I think we can all get along here So let's start anew and forget about anything in the past. I'm looking forward to your nom and can't wait for the reveal of the movies. I hope some will like my nom

I’m also happy you’re joining, and I’m sure this HoF will run smoother!

I'm actually glad that my first nomination was already nominated by someone else. It gives me a chance to go with something more obscure.

I'm actually glad that my first nomination was already nominated by someone else. It gives me a chance to go with something more obscure.
I bet your first choice, was what I picked. I guess we'll see when Ed does the reveal.

BTW, I had a half dozen really good westerns that I was considering for my nom. I have my fingers crossed that some of them got chosen, probably not.

We’ve got 6 with 1 maybe in the wings. Anyone else we can think of who might be interested? I figure at least 7 or 8 would be a nice total.
Yeah, I'd like to see more join. @Hey Fredrick was in the last one, maybe he might join?

I'm thinking once the reveal is done there'll be a few more joining in afterward, through the week.

So we do have Zotis with another film I was intrigued by and didn't go with so we definitely have a solid list of rarities to comb through.

Oh, and CR, it wasn't your nomination

@Citizen Rules, @ahwell, @John-Connor, @neiba, @Wyldesyde19, @Zotis

Figured I'd toss out the REVEAL the night before:

Meek's Cutoff (2010) Director: Kelly Reichardt 1h 44min
Nominated by Citizen Rules

The Grey Fox (1982) Director: Phillip Borsos 1h 50min
Nominated by edarsenal

Red River (1948) Directors: Howard Hawks, Arthur Rosson (co-director) 2h 13min
Nominated by ahwell

The Big gundown (1966) Director: Sergio Sollima 1h 50min
Nominated by neiba

McCabe & Mrs. Miller (1971) Director: Robert Altman 2h
Nominated by John-Connor

The Scalphunters (1968) Director: Sydney Pollack1h 42min
Nominated by Wyldesyde19

Dirty Little Billy (1972) Director: Stan Dragoti 1h 33min
Nominated by Zotis

The trick is not minding
Meeks cutoff has long been on my radar.
So glad to see it nominated.
A lot of interesting choices here.
In particular, Neiba and Zotis nominations really intrigue me. I haven’t heard of either of them. Looking forward to them.

Seen McCabe and Mrs Miller and Red River previously, and liked then both.
Great nominees

I'm surprised, there's more I haven't seen than I have. Mccabe, Red River, and The Grey Fox are all excellent. Meek's Cutoff was already on my watchlist. I haven't heard of the other 3 but will watch them.

Interesting noms to say the least! I haven't even heard of some of them.

Meek's Cutoff (2010) Director: Kelly Reichardt 1h 44min
Nominated by Citizen Rules
This is a very subtle film. It doesn't force feed the emotions. It's all about the essences of the moment and the feeling of isolation. It's the kind of film that needs one's full attention and if you miss some of the dialogue which is already sparse and hard to hear at times, it won't have the impact and it won't make sense. So I suggest using sub titles so you don't miss what's said...and I suggest if possible watch on a bigger screen in a nice darken room with no disturbances. It takes some focus to get the most out of the film.

The Grey Fox (1982) Director: Phillip Borsos 1h 50min
Nominated by edarsenal
I just watched this a few weeks ago. Excellent film. It's hard to find a good copy, but worth finding the best copy you can.

Red River (1948) Directors: Howard Hawks 2h 13min
Nominated by ahwell
Perfect as I'm on a John Wayne kick and Wayne is quite different here than his usual persona. Very happy to rewatch this.

McCabe & Mrs. Miller (1971) Director: Robert Altman 2h
Nominated by John-Connor
I had wanted to rewatch this before sending in my Countdown list, so glad to see it here.

Never heard of these, but they sound interesting.

The Big Gundown (1966)
Director: Sergio Sollima 1h 50min
Nominated by neiba

The Scalphunters (1968) Director: Sydney Pollack1h 42min
Nominated by Wyldesyde19

Dirty Little Billy (1972) Director: Stan Dragoti 1h 33min
Nominated by Zotis