Zombieland 2: Double Tap

Tools    

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/he...relson-1126850

"It may have taken almost 10 years, but Zombieland is ready to open its doors again.

After fits and starts, Sony Pictures has reunited the cast of its 2009 surprise hit — including Emma Stone, Woody Harrelson, Jesse Eisenberg and Abigail Breslin — for Zombieland 2.

Ruben Fleischer, who helmed the original and is behind the studio’s Spider-Man-centric fall tentpole, Venom, is returning to the director’s chair.

Original Zombieland writers Paul Wernick and Rhett Reese, who have, in the intervening years, found success as the writers of the irreverent and successful Deadpool franchise, are also back, having penned the script for the new project. Additionally, Gavin Polone is returning as producer.

While rumors of the sequel have risen from the dead several times over the years, this time Sony really means it. The film is set to begin production in January 2019 and will be released in October 2019, in time for the 10th anniversary of the original movie.

The new movie will once again put the focus on comic mayhem, taking the quartet from the White House to the American heartland as they face off against new kinds of zombies that have evolved since the first movie, as well as some new human survivors. But, most of all, according to the studio, they have to face the growing pains of their own snarky, makeshift family.

Lauren Abrahams is overseeing the project for the studio."

This might just do nobody any good.
Funny that this was announced the same day as Jim Jarmusch’s zombie movie with Bill Murray.
https://variety.com/2018/film/news/j...ie-1202872845/

Loved the first one, and this one is probably gonna be good. It's hard for me to picture Jesse Eisenberg going back to this submissive, dorky kind of role though.

"Honor is not in the Weapon. It is in the Man"
It looks like there is an official title: Zombieland - Double Tap

Is that a fan-produced poster? Very good if it is.

Edit – apparently it's real .

After watching the trailer I'm kind of excited, not gonna lie.

This is gonna be a great time at the movies!
“Let me tell you something you already know. The world ain't all sunshine and rainbows. It's a very mean and nasty place and I don't care how tough you are, it will beat you to your knees and keep you there permanently if you let it. You, me, or nobody is gonna hit as hard as life. But it ain't about how hard ya hit. It's about how hard you can get hit and keep moving forward. How much you can take and keep moving forward. That's how winning is done!” ~ Rocky Balboa

Haha this looks hilarious! I hope it can still carry a good story like the first one did though...the trailer didn't convince me too much of that.

28 days...6 hours...42 minutes...12 seconds
It's funny that the first film was called the Americanized Shaun of the Dead rip-off....and they are stealing Shaun of the Dead jokes in this sequel with the doppelgängers.

Suspect's Reviews

Really enjoyed the first one. Feels like this one is a few years too late though. lol I can't buy Emma Stone being jealous at Eisenberg because of another girl. I did enjoy Luke Wilson as Woody's doppelganger, that was pretty good. Probably a fun yet not up to par as the original sequel. Low expectations maybe it will surprise me but certainly can wait for home release on this one.

101 Favorite Movies (2019)

Honestly don't see how Zombieland ripped off Shaun Of The Dead... They seem different. Shaun was more bleak.

Welcome to the human race...
They're both odd-couple buddy movies set during the zombie apocalypse where the buddies are a hopeless romantic and a fast-driving goofball, so it's easy enough to make broad comparisons despite the vast differences in terms of execution (as evidenced by Suspect using the word "Americanised". Still doesn't help that Zombieland 2 literally uses a joke from Shaun of the Dead in its trailer, though - it's already a sequel to a 10-year-old comedy, the last thing it needs is to recycle a joke from a 15-year-old movie.

Love anything with Jesse Eisenberg in it, so definitely gonna watch it when it comes out.