23rd MoFo Hall of Fame

Tools    

I have seen everything but "The Reflecting Skin", "The Fisher King", "JoJoRabbit" and "Late Spring".

so far everything has been "Yay" but what will become "Nay" after so many years.

I have not seen Gangs of New York, Fisher King, Hunger, or Reflecting Skin. I have interest in all of them and I almost watched Reflecting Skin a few days ago. Of the remaining 6, there's only 1 I didn't like but I'm hopeful for a better result this time.

I won’t even try to guess

I’ve seen four of these, and like all four. I watched one of them (not my own) very recently, and the other three in 2020, so I’ll see if I get around to rewatching them.

Why do people use Nick Cage as a meme... the only good movie he's in... is "Fast Times at Ridgemont High".

Here are some poor guesses, though I know one of them is right:

Christiane F. - Cricket
The Fisher King - Ed
Gangs of New York - Satan Himself
Stand by Me - Raul

He has a very expressive face.
but he's mediocre... God forbid they did cast him for the terrible terrible Wicker Man remake.. what a disgrace to Robin Hardy, Christopher Lee and Edward Woodward...

by the way.. bad spelling due to no glasses on currently.

Pahak Reflecting Skin
MV Skin I Live In
Cosmic JoJo Rabbit
Raul Late Spring
MovieGal Stand By Me
Sarge Gangs of New York
Citizen Fisher King
Neiba Hunger
Ahwell Schindler's List
Ed Great Mouse Detective
3 of these are correct.
Most confident in 1, 3, and 4

Women will be your undoing, Pépé
I'm REALLY horrible at this, but let's give it a shot:

Christiane F. ~ MovieGal

The Fisher King ~ ahwell

Gangs of New York ~ sarge

The Great Mouse Detective ~ Citizen Rules

Hunger Miss ~ vicky

Jojo Rabbit ~ CosmicRunaway

Late Spring ~ neiba

The Reflecting Skin ~ pahaK

Schindler's List ~ rauldc14

The Skin I Live In ~ cricket

Stand By Me ~ edarsenal

Gangs of New York - I hated every single thing about this film. I only watched it because it was required for a film class. I could only watch it in 15 minute chunks before turning it off for awhile. Seeing it nominated here has completely soured my mood.
Haha glad I’m not the only one.

I have yet to have a necessity for seeing this so I have yet to finish it. I think I’ve tried to watch it like 4 times or something like that. Never got through it. I don’t like it at all. If I didn’t have a proper reason for not joining I have now.

I guess it's a good thing I didn't nominate Mandy then, MG.
Great thing about Mandy.. its saved due to the acting of Linus Roache... I am a HUGE L&O fan.....

Haha glad I’m not the only one.

I have yet to have a necessity for seeing this so I have yet to finish it. I think I’ve tried to watch it like 4 times or something like that. Never got through it. I don’t like it at all. If I didn’t have a proper reason for not joining I have now.
My daughter was 9 when this film came out.. and she was the only under 18 years old person in the theatre... and it was her "film of the day" pick...

I'm REALLY horrible at this, but let's give it a shot:

Christiane F. ~ MovieGal

The Fisher King ~ ahwell

Gangs of New York ~ sarge

The Great Mouse Detective ~ Citizen Rules

Hunger Miss ~ vicky

Jojo Rabbit ~ CosmicRunaway

Late Spring ~ neiba

The Reflecting Skin ~ pahaK

Schindler's List ~ rauldc14

The Skin I Live In ~ cricket

Stand By Me ~ edarsenal
Ed, Ed .. shame on you.. Yes, it does seem like my pick.. and I have seen it years ago.. but no... not mine.

try again!

Women will be your undoing, Pépé
Ed, Ed .. shame on you.. Yes, it does seem like my pick.. and I have seen it years ago.. but no... not mine.

try again!
dammit dammit dammit

I thought that one was gonna be a given

dammit dammit dammit

I thought that one was gonna be a given
@Citizen Rules will know my pick right off... he talked to me about that subject matter one day.. he said "You sure do like ............. films" in a matter of speaking.

Oh and if I enjoy myself with this HOF... I have two films already picked out for the next two HOF that I join , if I do that is