20th Hall of Fame

Tools    

At least someone like The Music Man
When I was a kid, my father used to dance around the house singing the song "Shipoopi" whenever he was in a good mood.
Ah I’m sure even @Miss Vicky secretly does that when she’s feeling good.

I enjoy messing with my GF once in awhile (she'd say always but that's not true) and a couple years ago we were driving back from someplace and I was flipping through the radio when I heard "You're the One That I Want (Oooh, oooh ooooh)" from Grease was playing on one of the stations. So I stopped on it and turned it up, knowing it would drive her nuts (she hates that movie), which it did. I was having a little fun. Unfortunately, the song got stuck in her head and she was singing the chorus the rest of the day and she can't sing - at all. Making it worse, she didn't even know the words so it was a mumbled "you're the one that I want" then a perfectly clear, way out of tune "oooh oooh oooh". Talk about a backfire, she ended up winning that round, convincingly. My 3 minutes of fun turned into an night of torture.

Well, never one to learn from my mistakes I did the same thing a couple days ago this time with "Shipoopi." She was doing something that involved walking in front of the tv repeatedly. So I popped on The Music Man on TCM and played "Shipoopi" a couple times figuring she'd leave, which she did, so win for me - or so I thought. Apparently Shipoopi is also one of those songs that get stuck in your head and she started singing "Shipoopi, Shipoopi" for the next few hours. That's it. Just the words Shipoopi on repeat. Round 2 goes to the champion as well. I'm an instant gratification type I guess, never considering the consequences.