Coronavirus

Tools    

Feel free to pop round anytime Mama Yods

Sorry if I'm rude but I'm right
Well, there are like 350 million people here. The raw number comparisons in some cases are a little silly (not that this refers to you). Should be per capita, I think.
Yeah, you're probably testing like hell, too. I'm really curious what the real number in China was...
Look, I'm not judging you - after all, I'm posting here myself, but maybe, just maybe, if you spent less time here and more time watching films, maybe, and I stress, maybe your taste would be of some value. Just a thought, ya know.

Ghouls, vampires, werewolves... let's party.
90-year-old survivor of COVID-19 tells others to ‘keep on fighting’

Anna Fortunato, a 90-year-old survivor of COVID-19, has a message for the rest of us:

Do not be afraid. Do not despair.

“Keep on fighting, have that positive attitude, and pray,” she says. “And get out of bed. Don’t stay in bed all the time. … And I want to say to them, ‘If I did it, you can do it.’ ”

https://nypost.com/2020/04/08/why-a-...fers-hope/amp/

That elusive hide-and-seek cow is at it again
Oh, and there was some toilet paper today so I grabbed three individual rolls. Score! They were, though, dreadfully OUT of Spaghetti-Os. Whatever shall I do for my comfort food fix now that the one can I was holding for a stressful day is gone?

OMG.
Spaghetti-Os freak me out. The first time I ever had them was maybe a few months after my parents got divorced. I was with him for the weekend, I guess. He had a new girlfriend that he had shacked up with part time. Anyway. He takes me there one afternoon. Looking back, I'm sure he was there to do adult things. She heated a can of spaghetti-Os and gave me and her two daughters a plastic bowl of it, each, then she and my dad disappeared into another room in the apartment.

So. Yeah. I have this weird mix of nervous anxiety, grief, guilt, and cheating dad skank-on-the-side vibes that come over me just seeing a bowl of it. UGH. Some time later he picks me up for the weekend for a camping trip. Halfway to Lake Eufaula he tells me we're meeting her there to stay in her dad's camper. Man. Huh. I just realized that might be why I hate beaches so much?! WOW MOFO is therapy!!!

lol.

^ drives me bonkers!
I have a friend (may have mentioned him already lol) that started texting me last night bragging about how he was "right" and that the projections were never correct to begin with, and that it's only people that can still work that don't have a problem with state shutdowns and stay-at-home rules. It blows my mind how anyone can conflate trying to be proactive and at least respecting statistical models with wanting people out of work and broke. It blows my mind that people continually compare 12-month numbers of one pandemic to numbers of what, maybe a quarter of that time with this one (and still overtaking those 12-month numbers, if I'm reading CDC correctly)? It blows my mind that people are so caught up with "winning" that they turn needless human death into a competition as if it were a political bowl game. wtf is wrong with people?

/rant

sorry! wooo. weird day.

"Ever try to forcibly pin down a house cat? It's not easy." - Captain Steel

"I just can't get pass sticking a finger up a dog's butt." - John Dumbear

A system of cells interlinked
I am still working, and I certainly have problems with state mandated anything, really.

I am still working, and I certainly have problems with state mandated anything, really.
For sure. I mean really that he is assuming the argument for something means liking or agreeing with that something in a vacuum. And not necessarily that one is arguing for state-issued anything, just that presenting the different paths lead to ...oh nevermind. you know what i mean.

*edit*
I abruptly ended that for events here at my desk and not so much frustration in responding lol. [insert awkward smiley here]

The Adventure Starts Here!
OMG.
Spaghetti-Os freak me out. The first time I ever had them was maybe a few months after my parents got divorced. I was with him for the weekend, I guess. He had a new girlfriend that he had shacked up with part time. Anyway. He takes me there one afternoon. Looking back, I'm sure he was there to do adult things. She heated a can of spaghetti-Os and gave me and her two daughters a plastic bowl of it, each, then she and my dad disappeared into another room in the apartment.

So. Yeah. I have this weird mix of nervous anxiety, grief, guilt, and cheating dad skank-on-the-side vibes that come over me just seeing a bowl of it. UGH. Some time later he picks me up for the weekend for a camping trip. Halfway to Lake Eufaula he tells me we're meeting her there to stay in her dad's camper. Man. Huh. I just realized that might be why I hate beaches so much?! WOW MOFO is therapy!!!

lol.
Apologies, ynwtf! Didn't mean to trigger you with my picture (which you then quoted and ended up reposting... oops!).

The Adventure Starts Here!
Hubby is also still working, and is very libertarian, and still has an occasional rant about the government shutting down the economy. I remind him that, despite my own libertarian leanings, our parents are all in their 80s now and still have to go out to grocery stores, so he should STFU.

To his credit, he does.

OMG.

lol.
I liked Spaghetti-Os when I was a kid... although I never understood the Chef Boyardee (or similar) products.

As a lover of Italian sauces and pasta these canned goods never made sense - tomato sauce is red, yet the sauce used in these canned items is always ORANGE!
Why is it orange?

It never tastes like authentic italian food either. It dosen't taste bad, but it never tastes like an Italian pasta in tomato sauce.
And don't get me started about the "meatballs" (if these are "meat" I don't want to know what animal they're from)!

You can't make a rainbow without a little rain.
Even though we still have plenty, my wife asked me to get more paper towels and TP in my travels. So I did this morning while working and I sent her this pic, except right side up-

Her response-"We don't use those brands".

We bought that same Stop and Shop toilet paper recently, and we were pleasantly surprised to find that it's a good quality product. I would rate it better than Angel Soft, and about the same as Costo's brand (Kirkland). The rolls are a bit smaller than other brands, but at least the quality is good.

Grocery pickup (ordering online) has been my plan all week. Got an order in just after midnight on Monday night, for pickup on Wednesday. But on Wednesday morning I got a text, then an email saying my order had been completely canceled because of "unusually high demand." Trouble was, you had to choose a specific time slot (which is why I ordered just after midnight--when they roll over to the next day's available slots), so why did they cancel my order? I had a time slot.

Last night then I tried to do it again, got to the website about 12:30 a.m.... and all the slots for the next four days were GONE. Delivery and pickup.

So I gave up and today went out to our local smaller grocery store, complete with mask. I hadn't been there in about 9 days. Nine days ago nothing much was different, except they had an extra antibacterial wipes stand at the front doorway and signs at the checkout asking people to stand back a little bit..

Today? Nine days later? Signs everywhere about staying "two carts apart" from everyone in the store. And plexiglass between the cashiers and the customers. All the workers were wearing masks. Most were also wearing latex gloves. And a sign in several spots asking people to wear masks while inside the store, if at all possible. They weren't policing that yet, but I'd say a good 80% of us were wearing masks.

I'd say, though, that the masks are giving some people a false sense of security because too many were just breezing right by me or heading right toward me without regard to that "two carts apart" bit.
Yesterday, the news here said that face masks or coverings are required, or they won't let you in the stores, but today I noticed several people still not wearing any type of masks, even some of the employees. And many people are wearing masks, but they're not wearing gloves.

Oh, and there was some toilet paper today so I grabbed three individual rolls. Score! They were, though, dreadfully OUT of Spaghetti-Os. Whatever shall I do for my comfort food fix now that the one can I was holding for a stressful day is gone?

We always have a closet full of Spaghetti-Os and Chef Boyardee. We buy them in bulk whenever they go on sale.

90-year-old survivor of COVID-19 tells others to ‘keep on fighting’

Anna Fortunato, a 90-year-old survivor of COVID-19, has a message for the rest of us:

Do not be afraid. Do not despair.

“Keep on fighting, have that positive attitude, and pray,” she says. “And get out of bed. Don’t stay in bed all the time. … And I want to say to them, ‘If I did it, you can do it.’ ”

https://nypost.com/2020/04/08/why-a-...fers-hope/amp/

We had a similar story here on Long Island:

'There is hope.' - 93-year-old Navy veteran from Baldwin beats COVID-19

Bob Saylor, of Baldwin, who turns 94 years old next month, was diagnosed with pneumonia from COVID-19 three weeks ago. The Navy veteran had a high fever and a cough, each tell-tale signs of the virus.

With a doctor on call and the medication needed, his family says it was a frightening week – but they were able to nurse their father back to health.

“There is nothing stronger than family and love,” he told News 12. “You can't get one without the other. There is nothing stronger than that.”

Saylor's daughters say their father is a man of few words and would rarely speak about his time serving in the Navy as a diver. He was tasked with recovering bodies following the attack on Pearl Harbor.

The father of eight with 18 grandchildren and 15 great-grandchildren instead focused his life on his family and his faith, which is what they believe pulled him through.

“Take care of each other and love each other. There is hope,” he said.

I think I've eaten more Spaghetti-O's as an adult than I ever ate as a kid. I get the ones with meatballs.

When I was younger, I got the Spaghetti-O's with hot dogs in them, but now I buy the ones with meatballs, and I add hot dogs to them sometimes.