Waiting for Baseball

Tools    

This is just the all-purpose baseball thread. We don't do signups until February usually. Anyway, per usual it'll just depend on how many returning owners we get. I've promised spots to one or two people who failed to get in before, but those are coin flips when February rolls around. If there's an open slot after all that, all yours.
Def a major TIME commitment!

For sure, so I never begrudge anyone interested for changing their minds later when the time comes, and usually just assume one or two will think twice about it. We'll know in about a month, though. Can't wait. I miss baseball, in all its forms.

Yeah, my guess is they couldn't figure out how to go after specific players since it's not clear how widespread it was or who knew about it (probably all of them, more or less?).
From what my understanding is, it was pretty clear that most, if not all of them benefitted from it. Bob Costas was on CNN discussing this and further namechecked Carlos Beltran, who is taking over at the Mets, as being heavily involved.

Essentially the easiest tell is that when they identified anything that was offspeed, there was some sort of noise made from the dugout to alert the hitter and if there was no such bang/noise then they would know it was a fastball. There was more, but even that is pretty concise and very handy for a hitter to know.

From what my understanding is, it was pretty clear that most, if not all of them benefitted from it. Bob Costas was on CNN discussing this and further namechecked Carlos Beltran, who is taking over at the Mets, as being heavily involved.

Essentially the easiest tell is that when they identified anything that was offspeed, there was some sort of noise made from the dugout to alert the hitter and if there was no such bang/noise then they would know it was a fastball. There was more, but even that is pretty concise and very handy for a hitter to know.
Yeah, for me the big question is whether they also did something as of yet undiscovered for pitchers, since admittedly they had a tremendous pitching staff. But in my experience, people willing to bend the rules, cultures willing to bend the rules, usually don't do so just in one isolated way. We may never know.

The GM and Manager took the brunt of it but everyone else got off light. $5 million fine is a joke but it's the max you can fine the owners as determined by the owners. Nice. Nothing for the players who benefitted from it. Draft picks in baseball are the least valuable of any sports league, especially if you have money, so no biggie there. If I were an Astros fan I'd be fine with the punishment considering it got them a WS title.

Beltron essentially stepping down (or being stepped down/fired) from Mets, after being implicated in Astros scandal.

Also Bregman, Altuve & possibly Reddick also now being embroiled, for wearing vibrating patches on their bodies that were activated to inform them of pitches from stolen signs. So perhaps another chapter in all of this is yet to be revealed.

All good people are asleep and dreaming.
A legend departs.....

King Felix agrees to deal with Braves

https://www.mlb.com/news/felix-herna...al-with-braves
Don't let the door hit you in the ass on the way out. The King . Yep, 1 win and 8 losses with an ERA of 6.40 at a salary of $27,857,142.

Life is too short for baseball.

Sorry to have posted my last post in Shoutbox but since the Picasso look to the forum took effect I couldnt access anything at all in the Miscellaneous section. I just.figured out I could search for the thread in site engine and have bookmarked it now.

2020 MLB Fantasy Baseball draft lineups are posted on Yahoo. Heres the top 28, or first two rounds in a 14 team league...

1. Ronald Acuna Jr ????
2. Mike Trout
3. Christian Yelich
4. Mookie Betts
5. Cody Bellinger
6. Jacob DeGrom
7. Gerrit Cole
8. Nolan Arenado
9. Francisco Lindor
10. Trea Turner
11. Fernando Tatis Jr
12. Alex Bregman
13. Juan Soto
14. Justin Verlander

15. Max Scherzer
16. Trevor Story
17. Anthony Rendon
18. Freddie Freeman
19. J.D. Martinez
20. Walker Buehler
21. Jose Ramirez
22. Aaron Judge
23. Gleyber Torres
24. Jack Flaherty
25. Pete Alonso
26. Bryce Harper
27. Mike Clevinger
28. Shane Bieber

Jose Altuve starts out the 3rd round....

https://baseball.fantasysports.yahoo...alysis?pos=ALL

That is gonna leave one hell of a hole for the Bosox
Good.

I just heard about this today, but it happened a few weeks ago...

San Francisco Giants hire first female full-time coach

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.cnn...rnd/index.html

A system of cells interlinked
Sorry they got caught!

Not that I'm enjoying this Astros thing (maybe a little bit) but some of the quotes players are dropping at camp are gold. Trevor Bauer's math is solid.